MAC - In the Groove Discussion

wizzer3245

like a few people have mentioned i deffo think i will get two stereo roses
smiles.gif

Karen_B

I haven't been looking at collection discussions for a while - because I am too broke to buy anything at the moment. But this summer I'll be able to afford stuff, and what perfect timing for MAC to release more Cremesheen lipsticks! My fave finish along with lustres. And Stereo Rose, I am so curious to see this legendary MSF.

Karen_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel_geek
Will Petticoat work as a blush for a NC20?
th_confused_new.gif

It works for me! I have to be a little careful though, since it can be a little too much if I use too heavy a hand.

aussiemacluvrrr

^^ Same.... I'm starting to think that I wont get one this time around considering I already have one...

I have never, ever finished a MSF, so I cant see myself finishing the stereo rose i already have :p When I think about it.... with the 50+ blushes I have and the other MSF's I have it is pretty much 100% certain I wont ever finish stereo rose and get on to a backup :p

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemacluvrrr
^^ Same.... I'm starting to think that I wont get one this time around considering I already have one...

I have never, ever finished a MSF, so I cant see myself finishing the stereo rose i already have :p When I think about it.... with the 50+ blushes I have and the other MSF's I have it is pretty much 100% certain I wont ever finish stereo rose and get on to a backup :p

iagree.gif

Kirsty

I lovvve petticoat as a blush on fair skin. It gives a lovely pink glow, but it has sort of a sheen reminiscent of pink opal pigment. I tried to take a pic, but you just can't capture the true prettiness.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAFoxyLady
Well I very much doubt I'll be getting Stereo Rose. I don't get the whole MSF thing and it doesn't look that pretty to me - Don't shoot me, I know everyone else loves it
lol.gif

but I will be getting a few of the lipsticks if they're as nice as they sound in real life
smiles.gif

I swapped for it awhile back and swapped it away again. TBH on me Ripe Peach is much, much prettier. BUT I am not an MSF lover to start with. I generally don't like the metallic iridescence they give. That said I will probably give SR one more try because I'm afraid I'll kick myself if I don't! lol

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I swapped for it awhile back and swapped it away again. TBH on me Ripe Peach is much, much prettier. BUT I am not an MSF lover to start with. I generally don't like the metallic iridescence they give. That said I will probably give SR one more try because I'm afraid I'll kick myself if I don't! lol

So Stereo Rose has the same metallic finish Petticoat has?

nursee81

I will only be getting one stero rose. I really have not purchased back up of anything yet! But I am glad I have all the other MSF's

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
So Stereo Rose has the same metallic finish Petticoat has?

To me they all have a metallic finish. I complain about it but it's actually unfair of me because they are *supposed* to. This is MAC's description of MSFs from the website:

"A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish"

aeroerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
To me they all have a metallic finish. I complain about it but it's actually unfair of me because they are *supposed* to. This is MAC's description of MSFs from the website:

"A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish"

I've found this in all but two MSFs--the Sugarsweet collection ones (Refined and Perfect Topping). I wish MAC would make more MSFs like those! I've sold/swapped away all MSFs I've had except for those two... but I think the swatches of Stereo Rose are just too pretty to pass up. Coral cheek products/blushes are the death of my wallet! I think I can deal with the shimmer factor for that base color, plus I can just keep the rest of my makeup matte/satin finish. I'll just look for a SR with little amounts of veining. I accidentally bought a Petticoat MSF without asking for a picture, and it ended up being vein-HEAVY, which was WAY too metallic for me.

And, thinking about it, I think I'll stick with one SR like others have said. I've barely scratched the surfaces of Refined/Perfect Topping! Plus, there will always be pretty blushes that I'll want to buy. I could always buy up on SR, hold onto them, and sell when market demand is high, but I don't want to be that person. I say let everyone have their chance at getting Stereo Rose!

Miss QQ

One Stereo Rose for me too!
lol.gif
I don't think I can ever finish a MSF. Give me Stereo Rose and Petticoat, MAC! The swatches of Petticoat in the swatch thread is making me drool and relive my major disappointment when Petticoat did not come here with the mineralize line one or two years ago. When swatches of Stereo Rose starts popping up here I will
thud.gif
. Do I have to wait till July?

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroerin
I've found this in all but two MSFs--the Sugarsweet collection ones (Refined and Perfect Topping)

Agreed. Pefect Toppping is one of the very few MSFs I've kept.

MzFit

I am an MSF freak I will be getting Stero Rose for sure maybe Love to Love have to see it to be sure the MES can be hit and miss I find.

Face2Mac

Stereo Rose, Finally.

Thank you guys for giving us the info, Erin and Purplerinne. Susanne for being her moderating self and opening up the discussions.

purrtykitty

I agree Petticoat is too metallic for me. The pale pink part of it was fine, it was just those thick raspberry and copper veins. I don't think Stereo Rose is like that, because from what I remember, it doesn't have the metallic veining. My memory could be wrong, though.