MAC In The Spotlight Collection

Honi

I reaaaally want Soft Frost.. :/ Wonder when it releases here, of it will be out in the UK during next weekend..

Miss Dynamite

In T's swatches, Beaming Blush is the only that is mostly pink, and WOW it is gorgeous! I'm still so confused about these. I definitely think MAC might have screwed something up.

Corally

In T's swatches, Beaming Blush is the only that is mostly pink, and WOW it is gorgeous! I'm still so confused about these. I definitely think MAC might have screwed something up.

I think her lights are too bright for her camera to pick up the reflects well. I mean look at Soft Frost, you can barely see any violet reflects in her swatch.

mac_aiken

So I have Show Gold, Soft Frost and Beaming Blush as well as the Strobe Creams in Redlites and Silverlites.

The creams are my favorites especially Redlites. Silverlites is amazing with Soft Frost.

Beaming Blush turns straight up gold on me and was a bit difficult to blend. It may go back. I have the Estee Edits eye and face palettes that just came out and there are better gold highlights in that.

Elegant, Soft Frost isn't crazy at all. I think you might like it. Show Gold is stunning.

Overall a nice little collection. Now bring on Mariah.

patentg33k

I was originally getting Double Gleam until I seen Soft Frost in person and changed my mind! Soft Frost is abosolutely beautiful with the lilac going through everyone needs it... I'm glad they're permanent!

Is it a strong lilac? I'm worried that it will look a little to 'artistic' --is it more for drama?

Corally

So for the people who have Show Gold. Do you like it? I'm asking because I'm not liking T's review on it: ''it had noticeable sparkle and was both more visible on as well as felt by touch in the pan'' "very subtle applied with a highlighting brush, as I think the shimmer was larger and so there was less of an all-over sheen compared to the other shades". Do you guys agree?

Last edited:

SatelliteDrmr

I love the two that I have, (Soft Frost and Double Gleam)but I can see myself ending up with all four of these beauties. I think Show Gold will be next.

Now, for someone that ranges between NW13 and NW18, which strobe cream would you recommend for mixing with foundation? I've been using lots of samples of original, and I like the effect. I just want something a little different. I'm gutted the full size costs $40 CAD though. The travel size is only $14. I wish they would release all the shades in travel size.

VioletPearl

I swatched them all and I think Show gold has some noticable pink sparkles. It swatches pinkish with fine pink glitter.
Beaming blush has no glitter at all and I think this one only looks pinkish in the pan, but swatched it is a peachy-gold.

And I think these names would be better switched up. :D

Corally

I swatched them all and I think Show gold has some noticable pink sparkles. It swatches pinkish with fine pink glitter.
Beaming blush has no glitter at all and I think this one only looks pinkish in the pan, but swatched it is a peachy-gold.

And I think these names would be better switched up. :D

Thanks! I've decided to skip SG. I just saw a video where someone applied SG and she also mentioned the glitter, and I could see it even when she wasn't filming up close. I'm sure it still looks pretty on but glitter bothers me so much that I'll use SG once and never again. I'm still buying Beaming Blush and Double Gleam when the collection (finally) launches.

Corally

I'm soooo sick of this shit. A Dutch blogger finally had a date for the release, upcoming Saturday, and the Dutch MAC website ALWAYS releases the Thursday before the release date (or even Thursdays before that). And nothing. NOTHING. :scream: This is the third Thursday in a row I've been stalking for a collection that doesn't ever seem to launch. I really wonder if other retailers will have this collection online this Saturday.

Mac-Guy

I'm soooo sick of this shit. A Dutch blogger finally had a date for the release, upcoming Saturday, and the Dutch MAC website ALWAYS releases the Thursday before the release date (or even Thursdays before that). And nothing. NOTHING. :scream: This is the third Thursday in a row I've been stalking for a collection that doesn't ever seem to launch. I really wonder if other retailers will have this collection online this Saturday.

That sounds frustrating. I hope it comes up soon.

Corally

That sounds frustrating. I hope it comes up soon.

It sure was. But luckily Douglas has them up now! So I immediately ordered Double-Gleam & Beaming Blush :D And because, unlike MAC, Douglas has fast shipping I should be getting my order tomorrow!:sunshine: