MAC In The Spotlight Collection

SydVicious

It does, but they most likely won't be back in stock for several months. Any permanent item that goes out of stock usually takes about 5 months or more for them to restock. There are several items that I've been trying to buy since like June or July and they still are out of stock.

With these being brand new items, hopefully it won't take very long.

boschicka

Soft Frost

It's very pretty on. I used the small duo fiber brush & got a beautiful soft highlight. Using my finger, I got a heavier application. In natural light it appears more white glow & in incandescent lighting you can see the very soft violet tones. I really like it on.
[MENTION=21522]elegant-one[/MENTION], swatch a dark brown shadow and then swatch Soft Frost over it/mix it. Report back! :D

elegant-one

Ok, it kind of looks like a bruise on me LOL! I used the dark brown in the kylie es palette at the top & a lighter Mac brown Root on the bottom. Sorry the pics aren't better but its very cloudy today. In person it becomes brown with a purple cast to it.

IMG_9442.JPG
IMG_9433.JPG

boschicka

Ok, it kind of looks like a bruise on me LOL! I used the dark brown in the kylie es palette at the top & a lighter Mac brown Root on the bottom. Sorry the pics aren't better but its very cloudy today. In person it becomes brown with a purple cast to it.

Hahaha, ok, so slightly less awesome than the Tom Ford duo Ripe Plum. Thank you!

Sweetyellow

I received my order yesterday afternoon and I just got around to playing with them. Anyways, I'm slightly confused by Show Gold and Beaming Blush. These two look very, very similar. I don't know why I ordered them both when I could've been fine w/ just one. :confused:

boschicka

I received my order yesterday afternoon and I just got around to playing with them. Anyways, I'm slightly confused by Show Gold and Beaming Blush. These two look very, very similar. I don't know why I ordered them both when I could've been fine w/ just one. :confused:

That's so strange. Mine appear similar in the pan but swatch very differently.

Sweetyellow

That's so strange. Mine appear similar in the pan but swatch very differently.

Right?! On my NC42/NC44 coloring, they look near identical on me when swatched. I'm going to try to wear/layer them w/ one of the strobe creams to see if they're any different or even worth keeping both...otherwise one is definitely going back.

boschicka

Right?! On my NC42/NC44 coloring, they look near identical on me when swatched. I'm going to try to wear/layer them w/ one of the strobe creams to see if they're any different or even worth keeping both...otherwise one is definitely going back.

Yeah, that's ridiculous. I hope you are able to enjoy....whatever you're left with, sakes!

NATlar

I was originally getting Double Gleam until I seen Soft Frost in person and changed my mind! Soft Frost is abosolutely beautiful with the lilac going through everyone needs it... I'm glad they're permanent!

Last edited:

javadoo

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I go my 3 EDSFs in today. So, Soft Frost is the violet one, no confusion there.
Beaming Blush looks pink but swatches gold and Show Gold looks more gold but swatches much more pink. The opposite of what it seems like it should be, but the differenc in them is very distinct when swatches.
FYI-they are all insanely GORGEOUS. I am in love!
[/FONT]

SatelliteDrmr

I ended up ordering Soft Frost and Double Gleam. I should have them on Monday. Can't wait! I may end up with the others when more swatches are around. For my pale NW skin, I'm not sure if they will work. Becca Champagne pop and Opal kind of make me look muddy, so Idk.

I want a strobe cream or two, but am holding out until I can play in person.

xasperadastra

ahah crazy in a good way... sorry maybe in italian the word "crazy" sounds different eheh I should have used a different word but I don't know which one.. maybe "funny"? "cool"? packed on made my skin look like alien skin ahah, but I like it, it's really a product we've not seen before imo.

*edit I wanted to reply to Elegant one, and I'm talking about soft frost <3

elegant-one

ahah crazy in a good way... sorry maybe in italian the word "crazy" sounds different eheh I should have used a different word but I don't know which one.. maybe "funny"? "cool"? packed on made my skin look like alien skin ahah, but I like it, it's really a product we've not seen before imo.

*edit I wanted to reply to Elegant one, and I'm talking about soft frost <3

Funny! I got it hun. Thanks so much!

dcarrington

Lol. Looking at several pics of this collection and loving it. But its becoming so obvious that MAC done jacked up ALL the names for this collection ust like they did Taraji's collection. Soft Frost should have been the name for the now double gleam and vice versa. And the other one that everyone has figured out, bleaming blush should be show gold. Lol. Its funny because its likely staying that way since its permanent. Gotta love MAC.