MAC Indulge Collection (August 22, 2013)

KrystalAnne

I couldn't help it! Now you can go ahead and add it to your next order
angelic.gif
Haha, is there anything else you'd like to put in my bag?
cutey.gif

liba

If you find any of the lipglasses from this collection grab them! They're all so pretty and pigmented. Especially Utterly Tart and Lust for Life. I wanted to buy both but I tried to be good and only bought one lol. You don't even need to layer them with a lipstick, just some liner and you're good.

Thanks, ladies! And it's still on the MAC site and all the department stores, too. No hunting necessary.
Lust for Life is particularly gorgeous! Utterly Tart runs very red on me, while LfL is much purpler.

pinkpaint

Dominate is truly one of the best vampy shades I own, due to the amazing texture even more than the complex color. That moist, glistening metallic frost finish makes your lips so shapely, which is super important with dark colors that would otherwise make the lips look shrunken and small. I think with Viva Glam Riri being a frost, we will see Dominate either come back by next fall, or another dark vampy color like it.

I think you still can get Subverted on the MAC site and although it's not purple, I have to say it's even more gorgeous than Dominate. It's the richest deep glowing chestnut or mahogany brown, also with that great finish. It's a MAC masterpiece. You really have to see it in person to understand how great it is!

Now you know what I mean by dull: not light reflective and not complex, like a fiery jewel - sorry you have to go through it. I suppose you could pep up Smoked Purple by using a bright fuchsia lip pencil underneath, applying SP, then going back over just the edges with something like Nightmoth. You get a dull color like that when there is so much black in the mix that the red and blue making up the purple is overwhelmed too much - also if the red and blue pigments being used aren't the best, most jewel-toned ones (i.e. the most expensive). Add a more matte texture on top of it all, and not enough light is being reflected, so it just winds up looking flat and not rich. To jazz it back up, you'd have to add layers of brilliant color underneath and on top, to get a more dimensional look. This is why I'm so glad the black lipstick coming up is going to be a Matte instead of a Retro Matte - there will be just that extra touch more natural sheen to it to not suck up all the light and look like a drab black hole on your face.

Lust for Life is particularly gorgeous! Utterly Tart runs very red on me, while LfL is much purpler.
I think I'm just gonna use SP as a base for my dark glosses. I don't want it to go to waste but with so many great colors out there I'm not big on trying hard to make a color work. If all else fails I'll see if my bestie wants to try it or I'll put it in my Back 2 MAC bag.

And yes, as much as I like Retro Mattes some colors need a little sheen and black is one of them. I really can't wait for that lipstick. So excited!

I've been going back and forth on Subverted. I'll go ahead and add it to my cart for my next order. I've been wanting a brown lipstick and Film Noir will always be there. This sounds more unique. I really wish that Nude and Metallics had released at all the stores and not just Pro. Those colors seem like the type that you really need to see in person to appreciate. Plus, the Metallics were perfect for fall.

butterflyeyes

I think I'm just gonna use SP as a base for my dark glosses. I don't want it to go to waste but with so many great colors out there I'm not big on trying hard to make a color work. If all else fails I'll see if my bestie wants to try it or I'll put it in my Back 2 MAC bag. And yes, as much as I like Retro Mattes some colors need a little sheen and black is one of them. I really can't wait for that lipstick. So excited! I've been going back and forth on Subverted. I'll go ahead and add it to my cart for my next order. I've been wanting a brown lipstick and Film Noir will always be there. This sounds more unique. I really wish that Nude and Metallics had released at all the stores and not just Pro. Those colors seem like the type that you really need to see in person to appreciate. Plus, the Metallics were perfect for fall.
MAC couldn't make up their minds initially if the collection was going to be pro only or open to everyone so it was odd all the way around. It's perhaps my favorite collection to release this year despite it's less flashy look. I bought everything sight unseen just because I had a feeling this collection was a winner (and we don't have a pro store in my entire state! I thought Perimeter was one but it's not). I'm hoping they have a Nudes & Metallics II release next year (different colors though).

DMcG9

Dominate is truly one of the best vampy shades I own, due to the amazing texture even more than the complex color. That moist, glistening metallic frost finish makes your lips so shapely, which is super important with dark colors that would otherwise make the lips look shrunken and small. I think with Viva Glam Riri being a frost, we will see Dominate either come back by next fall, or another dark vampy color like it.

I think you still can get Subverted on the MAC site and although it's not purple, I have to say it's even more gorgeous than Dominate. It's the richest deep glowing chestnut or mahogany brown, also with that great finish. It's a MAC masterpiece. You really have to see it in person to understand how great it is!

Now you know what I mean by dull: not light reflective and not complex, like a fiery jewel - sorry you have to go through it. I suppose you could pep up Smoked Purple by using a bright fuchsia lip pencil underneath, applying SP, then going back over just the edges with something like Nightmoth. You get a dull color like that when there is so much black in the mix that the red and blue making up the purple is overwhelmed too much - also if the red and blue pigments being used aren't the best, most jewel-toned ones (i.e. the most expensive). Add a more matte texture on top of it all, and not enough light is being reflected, so it just winds up looking flat and not rich. To jazz it back up, you'd have to add layers of brilliant color underneath and on top, to get a more dimensional look. This is why I'm so glad the black lipstick coming up is going to be a Matte instead of a Retro Matte - there will be just that extra touch more natural sheen to it to not suck up all the light and look like a drab black hole on your face.

Your love for Subverted is like my love for Pre-Raphaelite (for myself). :)

BuickMackane

I've been going back and forth on Subverted. I'll go ahead and add it to my cart for my next order. I've been wanting a brown lipstick and Film Noir will always be there. This sounds more unique. I really wish that Nude and Metallics had released at all the stores and not just Pro. Those colors seem like the type that you really need to see in person to appreciate. Plus, the Metallics were perfect for fall.
Film Noir's quite a bit darker (and more saturated due to the finish) than Subverted.

Subverted - FIlm Noir - Verve

martiangurll

Film Noir's quite a bit darker (and more saturated due to the finish) than Subverted.

I see the obsession with Subverted now. I thought it was browner than that, but it looks just right. I bet it would look good layered under Sweet Succulence. I am getting skippers remorse for skipping the fluidlines and I may have to hunt them down. All in all, however, the eyeshadows for me were the stand out, I am getting lots of use from Divine Decadence and Guilty Morsel.

Medgal07

th_hello.gif
Hey Buick, my Buick!!! I recently purchased Film Noir. Both Subverted & Verve are on my BTM list...perhaps it's time to pull the trigger because they're both what I enjoy in a vampy lipstick!

MRV

I got JAB yesterday (with my Deep Fixation order), and I slapped it on my lips in the evening. I think I will like this red. The formula was very rich. It went into my lines though, but I was not wearing any liner. I will make an indulged look tomorrow!

pinkpaint

:wavey: [COLOR=0000FF]Hi there Pinkpaint!  Do you have Chestnut..now there's a brown that I think you might like.[/COLOR] I had to google it and its gorgeous. This came out when they made all the lipstick, gloss, liner trios, right? Were there polishes, too? I never even looked at them since I don't buy MAC liners and I'm picky with lipglasses. Maybe someone has one for sale in the CB. It's such a pretty chocolate brown. Film Noir seems like dark chocolate. And Subverted is like...a chocolate covered cherry. Can you tell I'm hungry lol?

BuickMackane

Quote: Originally Posted by Medgal07
th_hello.gif
Hey Buick, my Buick!!! I recently purchased Film Noir. Both Subverted & Verve are on my BTM list...perhaps it's time to pull the trigger because they're both what I enjoy in a vampy lipstick!

Hi!
bouquet.gif

I loooove Film Noir! I haven't actually worn Verve yet but I think I'll love it too. I never thought I'd wear a brown lippie ever again after ODing on poo lips in the 90s
lol.gif

MRV

^ Talking about the 90's, about a year ago I met this girl I studied with in the 90's, and she was wearing a light brown lippie with a dark brownish liner. Poor girl. I don't remember if that was her style back in the 90's, but I hardly wore lippies then. The only favourite I still rebember was a lippie from Givenchy. It was a bit like Blooming Lovely. I would like to find out what it was, or even better, to find a hidden relic!

BuickMackane

^ Talking about the 90's, about a year ago I met this girl I studied with in the 90's, and she was wearing a light brown lippie with a dark brownish liner. Poor girl. I don't remember if that was her style back in the 90's, but I hardly wore lippies then. The only favourite I still rebember was a lippie from Givenchy. It was a bit like Blooming Lovely. I would like to find out what it was, or even better, to find a hidden relic!
Some things are better off confined to the annals of history. This is definitely one of those things.

DeeDee2013

All the metallic lippies from the Nudes & Metallics Collection are gorgeous. I wore Pre-Raphelite last week and fell in love all over again! I haven't worn Dominate yet, must add it to rotation this week.

liba

All the metallic lippies from the Nudes & Metallics Collection are gorgeous. I wore Pre-Raphelite last week and fell in love all over again! I haven't worn Dominate yet, must add it to rotation this week.
I lost my Pre-Raphaelite.
crybaby.gif
I am usually really careful with my lipsticks, so I'm thinking at this point it may have rolled under some furniture, since it's not in any of my purses, makeup bags or train cases and every other lippie I have is accounted for.

The extra bummer is, it was still available on the MAC site until just recently but as soon as I decided I just needed to buy another one, rather than keep looking for my tube, it poofed. 'Found an Ebay seller who was selling it for just a couple dollars over the original cost, including shipping, so I capitulated.

Even still, Dominate and Subverted are my two favorites and Show-All and Pre-Raphaelite second runners (those two look VERRRRRRY similar on my lips, too). I'm still absolutely convinced we will get more vampy and jewel-toned frosts next year, so it's not really the end of the planet.
devil.gif

Medgal07

wavey.gif
[COLOR=0000FF]Hi there Pinkpaint! Do you have Chestnut..now there's a brown that I think you might like.[/COLOR]

I had to google it and its gorgeous. This came out when they made all the lipstick, gloss, liner trios, right? Were there polishes, too? I never even looked at them since I don't buy MAC liners and I'm picky with lipglasses. Maybe someone has one for sale in the CB. It's such a pretty chocolate brown. Film Noir seems like dark chocolate. And Subverted is like...a chocolate covered cherry. Can you tell I'm hungry lol?
Yes...I think it was lips & tips, and I got all three--the lipstick, gloss & NP. Film Noir is pretty dark. I purchased it recently buy I've not yet worn it.
lol.gif
Dark chocolate, in
particular is a huge weakness for me.

bluelitzer

I am sad that I didn't back up Fashion Punch lipglass! It's the single most perfect nude color. :(( all the other nudes I have are either too beige, too yellow, too peach, too anything but this is just PERFECT. I hope they repromote it down the road. I'd back the heck out of it.

mac-obsessed

I agree with you!! FP is my favorite nude. I love how creamy it is and doesnt look too milkey. I'm glad I was able to b2m for my back up!