MAC Interviews & Hiring Process

amandamakeup

Hey there.
I have my first group interview with mac next week, I was wondering what can I expect from this interview? Like what do they ask? are you a bunch of people being interviewed at the same time??? anything I can do more to impress them??
Thanks in advance for all your help!
I really wanna get this! :p

littlemakeupboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamakeup
thank u! thank u! good luck!

aww no problem
ok so the interview went awesome.
they had the private/question part,she asked things such as
what can you bring to the company?
what do you want from the company?
what do you expect from me as a manager?
what you would do with an asshole customer (thats how she said it haha)

um she asked why i was interested in the job and stuff like that

for the makeup application part.i had to pretend like my friend was a client and ask what they were looking for.but my friend let me do whatev i wanted.i could use anything i want.i actually got a whole brush set to use.I had to start with a day look (pastels.muted colors.more conservative) and then turn into a night look.It was pretty hot

It was fun too.i had people stopping to watch me hahaha

i really hope you have a good time at your interview.
good luck <3

amandamakeup

thanks soo much for letting me know! i really appreciate it! I really want to work at mac, that I really just wanted a little heads up, I've had other interviews for other cosmetics companies that never turned out, so I really hope this one does!
good luck to you, thanks again! and all the best!
u rock!

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemakeupboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamakeup
thank u! thank u! good luck!

aww no problem
ok so the interview went awesome.
they had the private/question part,she asked things such as
what can you bring to the company?
what do you want from the company?
what do you expect from me as a manager?
what you would do with an asshole customer (thats how she said it haha)

um she asked why i was interested in the job and stuff like that

for the makeup application part.i had to pretend like my friend was a client and ask what they were looking for.but my friend let me do whatev i wanted.i could use anything i want.i actually got a whole brush set to use.I had to start with a day look (pastels.muted colors.more conservative) and then turn into a night look.It was pretty hot

It was fun too.i had people stopping to watch me hahaha

i really hope you have a good time at your interview.
good luck <3

Thanks for all this info. :p

Once I get my nerve up to apply I know what to do and expect. LOL

glorie

i turned in my app on tuesday. they haven't called yet
ssad.gif
how long did you all have to wait for the callback? i hate waiting!

the manager said "okay, ill look this over [my resume] then we can schedule your interview and demo!"

do you think she'd lie? i want to get hired b4 d'bohemia comes out!

mannnnnnnnnnnn

littlemakeupboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorie
i turned in my app on tuesday. they haven't called yet
ssad.gif
how long did you all have to wait for the callback? i hate waiting!

the manager said "okay, ill look this over [my resume] then we can schedule your interview and demo!"

do you think she'd lie? i want to get hired b4 d'bohemia comes out!

mannnnnnnnnnnn

i actually waited a while,i turned in my application about 4 months ago actually and didnt hear back for a while,so i would just keep stopping in and asking if they had a chance to look over it,then she said after school they would hire me freelance.but two days ago i got a call from becky telling me she would like me to come in.so we set up an interview and there actually was a spot for a part time position.Which is what i interviewed for.then today(the day after my interview) i got a call saying they would like a second interview which will be a phone interview

im excited

good luck to you <3

amandamakeup

I gave my CV like a year ago, and they told me to keep aplying in 6 months. cause they only keep them for 6 months. I was just about to go back and give it again, and then they called, I was surprised they kept it that long! im glad they did!
smiles.gif

Good luck to everyone who is going also!
I will let u all know how it goes on tuesday! have a good weekend everyone!

glorie

its a matter of MONTHS? geez. lol, okay...not freaking out as much now.

there are group interviews? how does that go?

amandamakeup

Just wanted to let you all know. I had my first Group interview with mac today. They sit you in a room. where they're makeup artists study, and your a group of like 10 people, and you just talk about yourself, things about mac. its like a big group conversation. It was pretty intmidating at first, but its not soooo bad later on. They are supposed to call you back the following week, if they want you to come back for a 1 on 1 interview. So im pretty much crossing everything that I can cross on myself,,,,hoping they'll call back!
they also said, that they get sooo much CV's that even if you went for an interview, you might have to reaply again.

MizMac

Call them too, that way they will remember your name. And when they call you for an interview, drop waht ever you are doing that day and go to the interview!!!! We just passed over a gal because she had "stuff to do" the day we asked her to come in. We also had a girl interupt me ringing up a customer, rather rudely, telling me she needed me to paige a manager. Needless to say, she wasn't hired either!!! Good luck to all of you!!!

amandamakeup

thanks for the great advise! I will probably call them early next week, just to see if they have made a decision yet.

iiifugaziii

Hey everyone. I had my first interview...I thought it went okay. I was really nervous because I wasn't sure if there are tons of other girls I'm up against that were way better than me at answering those cheesy 'interview' type questions, but I got a call tonight asking me to come back in for a makeup application interview!! alright!! Just thought I would keep you guys updated
smiles.gif
(it's next wednesday.... )

Latest posts