MAC Items Being Discontinued (DCd) in 2011 Discussion

Edelmc

I picked up copperplate since its being discontinued and I love it. Can anyone confirm if violetta is still available at pro stores or is being discontinued completely

purplerinne

Violetta is pro only according to my pro store. WHY is copperplate being dc'd?

I picked up copperplate since its being discontinued and I love it. Can anyone confirm if violetta is still available at pro stores or is being discontinued completely

duckrodeo

Violetta is in the regular permanent lipstick section on the non-pro MAC site...maybe it was temporarily in the goodbyes as a flub? It's listed in the section for "all lipsticks" and there isn't the little triangle stating it's limited edition

paparazziboy

remember when things are being discontinued they are either being reformulated or repackaged or they are gone and will be repromoted with another collection, for instance the mineral loose powder, lightful line, turquatic, etc. so you never know what might be in the works with MAC .

btw im excited for the summer collection called Hey Sailor! and the new waterproof mascara coming out called zoom water fast lash

Mac-Guy

remember when things are being discontinued they are either being reformulated or repackaged or they are gone and will be repromoted with another collection, for instance the mineral loose powder, lightful line, turquatic, etc. so you never know what might be in the works with MAC .

btw im excited for the summer collection called Hey Sailor! and the new waterproof mascara coming out called zoom water fast lash

The new Wavyblue eye pencil can't come soon enough!
flower.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Summer collection called Hey Sailor??
icon_eek.gif
That sounds awesome!

And a new waterproof mascara? Finally. I'm excited. I hope Splashproof Lash won't be d/c though, it's my favourite mascara.

Edelmc

How do you know that it's being discontinued? It's not listed in the Goodbyes section; it's still listed with all the other permanent shadows.

I thought I read it on this thread-I could be wrong...I was planning on picking it up anyway so it wasn't a big deal to get it.
My store told me violetta was le and no longer in stock....

Paparazzi boy- can you give any info on hey sailor collection?

VeXedPiNk

Woo hoo!! Just ordered myself a back-up of Romp, as well as some other goodies. I was so worried that it wouldn't be available still!

On a side note, I just popped my "ordering MAC online" cherry!! I moved to a small town in British Columbia a few months ago, so I don't have a MAC nearby anymore. I moved from Calgary, where there are plenty of MAC stores/counters, so I've never had to order online before. How exciting :)

martiangurll

I am sort of surprised to see Beige-ing and Taupe-a-graphic going good bye. Those are just so universally handy. Wonder if we are getting some new, neutral shade sticks, paints or paint pots to replace these?

VeXedPiNk

I'm hoping they're clearing out some of the "classics" to make way for some totally awesome new collections :)

diannekaye

aww man thats a lot of stuff. I hope that whatever they are replacing these items with something better!

xsparrow

I wish they wouldn't discontinue products with great formula like Matte2 or wouldn't make such good products so limited!

pemily

Do we have a 2012 thread (if not I will start one!!) Also, in aus the 224 is in the goodbyes

Latest posts