MAC Items Being Discontinued in 2013 Discussion

Pinkdollface

just to clear things up, the lovely Bliur from this forum just let me know that Soft Brown was indeed discontinued in most countries in Europe a couple of years ago.... how did I not know this???
icon_eek.gif
anyway, it's still available in the US

thank God for ebay!
ebay.gif
Same with Motif and Saddle I believe.

martiangurll

discontinued in 2013:

Colors in Lipsticks: Naked Paris, Sheer Plum, Spice is Nice, Chic, Coconutty, Shag, Gleam, Chai, Shock-o-late, and Mad Cap:

I have tried most of those except Mad Cap, Shag and Chic. Anybody love those or think they are unique?
Naked Paris is a fave and one of my rare BU as I don't often BU lippies, but I loved it and got BU when it came out with Euristocrats since I thought it was LE, although seeing it on this list makes me think of getting a 3rd BU--yes I love it that much.
Spice is Nice was too orangey for me,
Sheer Plum, seems dupeable tell me if I am wrong,
Coconutty I swapped but would consider getting again, then I am not off to get it now b/c it is on the goodbyes, but if I see one at my CCO, I will snag it.
Chai was nice, but probably dupeable.
Shock-o-late I liked and found unique, but it was a bit too dark for me to use much and now the smell and taste are like burnt playdough...so it is in the B2M pile.

Colors in Eyeshadows: Goldenrod, Samoa Silk, Sunny Spot, Winkle, Bitter, Purple Haze, Digit, Kid, Brown Down

Goldenrod, I don't have but I think something similar in my stash, any love for this? or tears it is going away?
Samoa Silk I bought b/c it gets such love as soon as it hit the goodbyes.
Sunny Spot ?Isn't that a Pro color? How unique is it and do I need it?
Winkle, I don't think I need. I think I have an NYX dupe.
Bitter, I have similar colors and isn't this in one of the quads?
Purple Haze any love for this? I don't know about the finish and the color payoff--thought I read it was crappy?
Digit, Kid, Brown Down I have and use, wondering if I should BU Kid and BD.

erine1881

What is difference between Concealer and Primer?
Concelaer conceals blemishes, discolouration and imperfections. Primer smoothes out and primes the skin for makeup, which helps even out the texture of skin (allowing less makeup to be used) and helps hold makeup on longer.

sss215

discontinued in 2013: Colors in Lipsticks: Naked Paris, Sheer Plum, Spice is Nice, Chic, Coconutty, Shag, Gleam, Chai, Shock-o-late, and Mad Cap: I have tried most of those except Mad Cap, Shag and ChicAnybody love those or think they are unique? Naked Paris is a fave and one of my rare BU as I don't often BU lippies, but I loved it and got BU when it came out with Euristocrats since I thought it was LE, although seeing it on this list makes me think of getting a 3rd BU--yes I love it that much. Spice is Nice was too orangey for me, Sheer Plum, seems dupeable tell me if I am wrong, Coconutty I swapped but would consider getting again, then I am not off to get it now b/c it is on the goodbyes, but if I see one at my CCO, I will snag it. Chai was nice, but probably dupeable.  Shock-o-late I liked and found unique, but it was a bit too dark for me to use much and now the smell and taste are like burnt playdough...so it is in the B2M pile. Colors in Eyeshadows: Goldenrod, Samoa Silk, Sunny Spot, Winkle, Bitter, Purple Haze, Digit, Kid, Brown Down Goldenrod, I don't have but I think something similar in my stash, any love for this? or tears it is going away? Samoa Silk I bought b/c it gets such love as soon as it hit the goodbyes. Sunny Spot ?Isn't that a Pro color?  How unique is it and do I need it? Winkle, I don't think I need.  I think I have an NYX dupe. Bitter, I have similar colors and isn't this in one of the quads? Purple Haze any love for this?  I don't know about the finish and the color payoff--thought I read it was crappy? Digit, Kid, Brown Down I have and use, wondering if I should BU Kid and BD.
I like Spice is Nice... But I heard Polished Up is a little better Bitter was in one of the Cult of Cherry quads I believe... I think Tempting was the name. That quad was at the CCO forever. Brown Down, I have it but won't miss it when I hit the pan. I have tons of similar browns and Brown Script is better cause its warmer.

Mac4Megan

Hey, I'm brand new to spektra, although, a long time stalker. Just thought some of you would be interested to know lots of newitems in macs goodbyes. Such as studio sculpt concealer, play it proper BP, sheetone blushes (loverush, flirt&tease, & coygirl) and some packaged to go lipsets ( sort of 3 perm lippies) :)

Medgal07

Hey, I'm brand new to spektra, although, a long time stalker. Just thought some of you would be interested to know lots of newitems in macs goodbyes. Such as studio sculpt concealer, play it proper BP, sheetone blushes (loverush, flirt&tease, & coygirl) and some packaged to go lipsets ( sort of 3 perm lippies)
smiles.gif
specktra_welcome.gif
Mac4Megan!! All enablers are welcome here
girlhaha.gif
Thanks for the heads up. Did you pick up anything?

Mac4Megan

I did! From goodbyes I ordered play it proper and siahi fluidline ( been wanting this for a long time but it's always out of stock when I order). I also ordered strong woman and a few brushes 234 & 128, are these split fiber brushes LE?

sss215

I did! From goodbyes I ordered play it proper and siahi fluidline ( been wanting this for a long time but it's always out of stock when I order). I also ordered strong woman and a few brushes 234 & 128, are these split fiber brushes LE?
Wow Siahi still kicking around! That was 2011. The only item from MC I saw at the CCO was the quad. I swear MAC is keeping items the more popular items in the goldbuys section longer instead of sending them to the CCO

Mac-Guy

Wow Siahi still kicking around! That was 2011. The only item from MC I saw at the CCO was the quad. I swear MAC is keeping items the more popular items in the goldbuys section longer instead of sending them to the CCO
I saw almost all of the MC collection at various CCO's, but that is a long time ago. I got another BU of Athma, Sur and Gana. I recently still saw the double-ended concealer. It might have been at the CCO in San Marcos (TX), Cabazone (CA) or Wrentham (MA) - I can't remember, but a lot of MC stuff landed in CCO's. The more popular products just got picked up very soon as they usually sell out in a day or two.

Mac4Megan

I know! Siahi has been on the site forever but It has always been sold out. Also noticed they have 7 of the original EDES in goodbyes and most of them were sold out not long ago when I checked. I wonder if after a while the recall LE products that have't sold in stores and restock the site before sending to CCO's. I really wish mac would have a sale section on there site instead of sending products to CCO's, I don't even think we have CCO's in Canada, at least no where near me.

Misato-san

Same here. Here in Italy we haven't chances of getting stuff discontinued, specially those from LE editions, unless we find something a counter/a store still has in stock because no one noticed it (I found Potent Fig Mattene in October 2012 in a counter...) D:

Debbs

In a perfect world, items in the goodbye section should be reduced. Mac discounted/clearance items on the website would be awesome. I kno, wishful thinking...............

Mac4Megan

Siahi and play it proper are already off the site again, i hope i get mine. There are new things in goodbyes again tho, metal x shadows and a few different electric cool shades (dynamo). I think i need to be checking goodbyes more often.

sss215

In a perfect world, items in the goodbye section should be reduced. Mac discounted/clearance items on the website would be awesome. I kno, wishful thinking...............
That stuff would sell out so fast! Record time!!!

sss215

I saw almost all of the MC collection at various CCO's, but that is a long time ago. I got another BU of Athma, Sur and Gana. I recently still saw the double-ended concealer. It might have been at the CCO in San Marcos (TX), Cabazone (CA) or Wrentham (MA) - I can't remember, but a lot of MC stuff landed in CCO's. The more popular products just got picked up very soon as they usually sell out in a day or two.
I know they send different items to different CCOs. One CCO in my area carries more lipsticks and one sells more eye products. Some locations get a better selection.

Mac-Guy

I know they send different items to different CCOs. One CCO in my area carries more lipsticks and one sells more eye products. Some locations get a better selection.
Yup. And some CCOs only get what they didn't sell in other CCOs.

katelyn0

Sorry if this has been asked already, but is Lip Conditioner Stick SPF 15 discontinued?
weeping.gif
Or just being replaced with a new and improved product? (hopefully this is the case)

erine1881

Sorry if this has been asked already, but is Lip Conditioner Stick SPF 15 discontinued?  :weep:  Or just being replaced with a new and improved product? (hopefully this is the case)
Nope. It's gone! The VG squeeze tube is the only LC left.

Latest posts