MAC- Lightful Discussion

GlamYOURUs

Re: Lightful Discussion

I bought the softening lotion for 28 online. I'll tell you all about it once I receive it. I hope it diminishes some scars on my face due to breakouts
ssad.gif

Lately I have been having cystic acne and its driving me crazy!

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
is this skincare collection available at counters?

A few posts up, erine1881 posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
unless you live in asia, you won't find it at stores or counters.

Hope that helps some! If it is true, I wish it weren't!!

noahlowryfan

it sucks that they don't have this skincare in the U.S. they should at least have it in asian populated cities like San Francisco and Toronto. those are the only cities i know that are asian populated.

GlamYOURUs

Okay so I have finally received my Lightful Softening Lotion and its an incredible product needless to say!

It s a liquid lotion in a big bottle and a little goes a long way with this stuff. I works like a toner and refreshes your skin for a smooth and soft feel. I love it!

Now as far as skin discolorations and even out skin tone goes, I am not sure if it does that just yet. Maybe over time I will notice some difference. After all, it does have vitamins and antioxidants in it. 3 thumbs up from me!

erine1881

Quote:
it sucks that they don't have this skincare in the U.S. they should at least have it in asian populated cities like San Francisco and Toronto. those are the only cities i know that are asian populated.

they do have it in the u.s. just select locations. i posted it somewhere.

SquirrelQueen

Also online. There's a Lightful Daily Moisturizer that isn't listed with the rest of the Lightful collection. Just got mine today as I was wanting something a little less heavy to use during the day.

Have started with the lotion---it is soft and smells great. So far, so good.

Jesi

I'm a little bit disappointed. I bought the lightful ultramoisture cream. While it smells very yummy, I don't feel it is quite as moisturizing as I'd hope it would be. I have dry skin, especially during the winter. I've only had it for a day so far, but I definitely saw better results with Kiehl's Cryste Marine Cream. If I change my mind, I'll let you all know.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
they do have it in the u.s. just select locations. i posted it somewhere.

well, i got an email from MAC saying that they don't sell it in the US. only in Asia.

erine1881

Quote:
well, i got an email from MAC saying that they don't sell it in the US. only in Asia.

the new lightful ultramoisture creme is asia only, but the other products are sold at select u.s. stores.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
the new lightful ultramoisture creme is asia only, but the other products are sold at select u.s. stores.

can you give me the list of u.s. stores that sells it.

erine1881

when the cleanser, softening lotion, essence and daily moisturizer came out in march last year, these were the stores that got them. unless something changed, they should still carry them.

the bay:
markville, oakridge, richmond

macys:
east flushing, west concord, west waikiki

MAC:
ala moana, berkeley, beverly center, east bay, hollywood & highland, houston, millenia, north park, north robertson, perimeter, robson, west edmonton, south beach, south coast plaza, sunvalley, beverly hills.

SquirrelQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesi
While the "lightening" properties are interesting, I would like to know how well the moisturizing properties of this/these products are, especially for dry skin. Thanks.

Some background first: my skin used to be oily and I didn't wear moisturizer at all---not even at night. But we moved to an area where it's colder and very dry and, for the first time in my life, I've needed moisturizers. (I'm also circling the perimenopausal airport, so that's made my skin dry, too.) So I've spent the last few months experimenting.

Among other products, I've used Moisturelush, which was just a tad too rich for me, especially during the day and under makeup. I'd ordered the whole Lightful line (because of hyperpigmentation issues) and finally decided to try the ultramoitsurizing cream.

LOVE! It's light enough that it doesn't get greasy under my makeup. It feels sort of like a gel---but rich and thick---and it moisturizes like a dream. It might not be enough for me at night, especially when it's very cold and dry, so I will stick with the Moisturelush at night until the weather warms up. When the weather warms up and I don't need such a high-octane moisturizer at night, I will likely switch to the Lightful Ultramoisturizer at night and the Lightful Daily Moisturizer during the day. (BTW, you have to LOOK for the daily moisturizer---it isn't with the other Lightful products but it is under moisturizers.)

I also use the Softening Lotion, which is really a toner (and feels soooooo good!) and the Essence, which probably doesn't bring a lot to the table in terms of moisture, but it's helping with lightening the areas of hyperpigmentation. (I use the Lightful wash, too.)

So far, I have noticed that my complexion is much brighter. Although I have pink undertones, my skin tends to be sallow, which makes for mismatches in foundation. The sallowness is GONE. I love this line!

BTW, I noticed the ToD on the Softening Lotion on the MAC site. WTH!?!? They can't discontinue it already---I
bigheart.gif
this stuff!!! Just did a live chat with a MAC artist and she did not know---so I emailed customer service.

Winthrop44

Does anyone know the ingredients for these products?

ETA: I e-mailed MAC Consumer Communications and will post the ingredients if they answer me.

wifey806

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyCrystal
So guys how do you like the products till now?

bump
smiles.gif

Susanne

Did anyone else notice that this collection is available on the US site since today?

M·A·C Cosmetics | Lightful |

Will this be released internationally as well? Perm or LE? Have we got any information yet?
Sorry, but I was surprised to see it today.

Shoegal-fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Did anyone else notice that this collection is available on the US site since today?

M·A·C Cosmetics | Lightful |

Will this be released internationally as well? Perm or LE? Have we got any information yet?
Sorry, but I was surprised to see it today.

lol i've just said that in the BBR thread... i'm wondering too...

ladyJ

I wonder if these products are good. I saw it on the website today and was like "whhhaaa" lolz!

Latest posts