MAC- Lightful Discussion

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Will this be released internationally as well? Perm or LE? Have we got any information yet?
Sorry, but I was surprised to see it today.

north america-MAC stores- ala moana, berkeley, beverly center, bloor, eaton centre, hollywood & highland, houston galleria, mall of millenia, metrotown, north park, north robertson, perimeter mall, robson, south beach, south coast plaza, sunvalley, concord, union, west edmonton mall, pearl ridge, guildford, mayfiar, malibu country mart

macy's dt crossing boston, flushing, sunvalley, union square & 4th fl, waikiki

saks beverly hills

the bay-downtown victoria, guilford, granville street, markville, metrotown, oakridge, queen streed, richmond

M·A·C Cosmetics | Offering a large selection of makeup, skin care products, and nail care items. Also offering cosmetic accessories

international-select middle east, india and TR locations

asia-all

reformulate/repackaged:
foaming creme cleanser-perm
active softening gel-perm
charged essence-perm
hydrocharged moisturizer-perm
deep ultramoisture creme-perm

repackaged:
ultracharge foundation and compact-perm

jenntoz

I was so sad they discontinued the daily moisturizer. I went to buy a couple during the f&f sale because I am almost out of mine & its gone
ssad.gif

mac_aiken

I am delighted that they brought this line back.
yahoo.gif

I ordered the cream. I would love to get the daily moisturizer with SPF but I understand it is an Asia only item. Will have to look pathetic until someone has pity on me and offers a CP.
ssad.gif

caramel_geek

I was surprised to see this on mac's website today and immediate came to spektra. And was happy to find that people has been talking about it too.
th_ymca.gif

Has any one tried the charged essence? Am really interested in this one. Maybe I should drop by my counter next weekend.
hmm.gif

And I'm loving the new packaging. Very nice...
winkiss.gif

bumblebees24

MAC Lightful

I've been wanting to try the Lightful line for the longest time but have not had much luck with it in stock at local Pro Stores. Has anyone used these before and what are your thoughts on them? Thanks!

erine1881

Re: MAC Lightful

i haven't used it before, but the line is meant to be used as a whole, for a complete skincare routine, not just one or two products. so keep that in mind if you decide to try it.

Donut

I use it and I love it. It is pricey and is supposed to be used as a whole, which I can vouch for.

I love the foaming soap and a little goes a LONG way... I mean a pea size for my whole face and neck.
The softening lotion makes all the difference, when I skip it I can tell the difference after a couple of hours if I don't use it. The box tells you to use with a cotton ball or apply directly. At it's price I just put a couple of drops in my palm and apply directly to face & neck.
The charged essence is ok, a little thin but again a little goes a long way. I tend to be combo/ oily so during the day I just use the charged essence with some spf.
The deep creme is heavy so I either use very little during the day if I have to but mostly I just use it at night after the charged essence. Don't get me wrong this product is great but I feel it's too heavy for me under makeup... some might disagree but I can say that waking up after using the deep cream is like waking up with new skin on for me.

I've used all the products in different combinations and I love them... are they expensive, YES but a little goes a long way and I can feel the difference.

you should ask for samples before you dish out all that $ since it's so much. that's what I did.

Hope this helped

bumblebees24

Thanks for the info Donut! I have combo acne skin that breaks out really easily. Did you have any reactions to it? Also, is it meant to moisturize or really brighten/lighten the face?

Donut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebees24
Thanks for the info Donut! I have combo acne skin that breaks out really easily. Did you have any reactions to it? Also, is it meant to moisturize or really brighten/lighten the face?

I don't have acne prone skin so I can't comment, but I do have sensitive skin. I didn't have any reaction to the product but I introduced the products one at a time so if something did happen I could pin point the product. Which is why I have tried all the products in all combinations.

It's not meant to lighten the face as in a lighter shade of skin. I think the best way I can explain it is that the products in combination brighten your skin through moisture... like you always have that soft, touchable, dewey, fresh look... it doesn't look all dull.

Hope that makes sense.

bumblebees24

Thanks! That makes sense. Hopefully I can pick up the products at the local free standing store. I have had no luck so far.

bumblebees24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
I just saw it online and it looks interesting! I may want to get one of the skin brightener product soon.

Did you try it out GlamQueen?

SurfStar16

Im so excited that they have brought the Lightful Skin Care line to the states! I was in Japan recently and heard that this line was only available in the Asia market, so I hunted down a MAC and bought only the foundation.
mac_haul.gif
I was so tempted to buy some of the skin care line, but I had to have money to enjoy my trip. I was so happy to hear the MAC stores now have the line!
th_DANCE.gif
As for the foundation, I have been very happy with it so far. I have only used it for a few weeks and I don't really want to use it to often because it was so expensive, ($42 + $10 for the case) not including the plane ticket to Japan. The coverage is awesome and it doesn't feel to heavy or look cakey.

Latest posts