MAC - Lightfully Bright Discussion

JennsJewelz

I didn't haul any lipglosses, but I am LOVING the skincare line! My skin is soooo soft - Jerome has noticed a difference after only 4 days! I love the textures - they have quite a strong scent to them, but I love it because it reminds me of something from my childhood. Glad I invested! :)

User38

Hi Jenn.. glad you are enjoying your products..
friends.gif
upkeep is key to maintaining your skin until you are an old buzzard like me
cheerleader.gif

mac_aiken

I have been using the Lightful line for awhile now and I really love it. Indulged by ordering some of the lipglosses when I ordered more of the essence.

XicanaQueen

What do they smell like?

I didn't haul any lipglosses, but I am LOVING the skincare line! My skin is soooo soft - Jerome has noticed a difference after only 4 days! I love the textures - they have quite a strong scent to them, but I love it because it reminds me of something from my childhood. Glad I invested! :)

Meryl

Are the glosses just a glittery sheer? I hate glitter. I was hoping they would be like an old collection of Strobe lip moisturizers. I mean they are called Lightfully Bright.

Can we B2M for these at least?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Are the glosses just a glittery sheer? I hate glitter. I was hoping they would be like an old collection of Strobe lip moisturizers. I mean they are called Lightfully Bright.

You should be able to B2M for them, since they are in regular packaging. They are not what I would call glittery. At least, most of them have more what I would call a shimmer. They are quite beautiful, in their subtle way.

goldilocks88

I B2M'd for Ethereal last week, so you definitely can.

I agree with Katred that they're more shimmery than glittery. Ethereal really is stunning, but very subtle. I wore it over Lavender Whip a couple of days ago and got lots of compliments.

Meryl

Thank you! In that case, I'll get two. I like shimmer. Lip glosses with glitter, on the other hand, ends up all over my face...

Meryl

Did you get them at the Pro store?

LMD84

wow! i'm pleased the skincare is working out for you :) is it liited edition though? if it's not i may think about hauling that too! but if it is i will skip. i hate getting attached to le skincare products! it upsets me when i run out!

LMD84

meh! it doesnt look like the uk will get this collection. but i guess i have too many glosses anyways... hhmmm!

martiangurll

I think the white one is a skip for me since I have Snowscene but the blue pink and lavender are going to be ordered today, along with another PiP. thanks for the swatches ladies!

Flaminbird

Looks like this Atmospheric is definately different from the original one in the Blue Storm collection :(. Uggh figures. I wish it was just like the original.

I saw there was an Atmospheric l/g with the Blue Storm collection back in 2007 and after seeing swatches of it, I want it really badly but I can't quite figure out if it's the same one. I also searched and found Atmospheric on MAC's site. I'm confused about that since I don't remember it being from any other collection. Info anyone?

martiangurll

So, I spent more on WW than I meant to, but I went ahead and ordered an Etheral and Atmospheric. Maybe the lavender one will be purchased at a later date since it was the least pigmented. And katred you were so right about the PiP being so perfect for winter. I can't love that face powder enough. I think I love it more than Perfect Topping and Porcelain Pink. I can't believe I did not get a back up yet. These lipglosses will be perfect for Spring and for Summer. I am so glad they were shimmery and not glitterbombs!

JennsJewelz

I definitely don't get chemical. Floral soapy is the closest I can come :) It's not unpleasant at all, and it doesn't linger too long, either.

rockin

Temptalia has posted comparison swatches. It might be helpful to some of you

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-lightfully-bright-lipglass-dupes-comparisonshttp://www.temptalia.com/mac-lightfully-bright-lipglass-dupes-comparisons