Mac Liptensity (September 20th 2016)

CarmenK

Hey ladies!! These are actually permanent and they are AMAZING!! the quality is superb and I love the shade range. Toast and Butter is A MUST! <3

sillygirl82

I hope these are permanent. I'm wearing Mulling Spices right now and it is lovely. It is very pigmented and comfortable on the lips.

patentg33k

I found these in my local MAC store today and really love the formula. I got Double Fudge (which has a nice red/purple undertone, very vampy), Dionysus, and Smoked Almond (a perfect deep nude).

I'm thinking of getting one or two more, but cannot decide. After watching like, 10 Youtube videos, I'm playing with Doe and Mulling Spices. I'm shocked how nice the deep shades in this line are. A lot of complexity. Plus, super comfortable.

Toast and Butter looks nice, but maybe too brown. I'm also wondering about Driftwood, but it might be too light/cool.

elegant-one

I found these in my local MAC store today and really love the formula. I got Double Fudge (which has a nice red/purple undertone, very vampy), Dionysus, and Smoked Almond (a perfect deep nude).

I'm thinking of getting one or two more, but cannot decide. After watching like, 10 Youtube videos, I'm playing with Doe and Mulling Spices. I'm shocked how nice the deep shades in this line are. A lot of complexity. Plus, super comfortable.

Toast and Butter looks nice, but maybe too brown. I'm also wondering about Driftwood, but it might be too light/cool.

I agree! I'm also thinking of Double Fudge, Smoked Almond & maybe Toast & Butter. I can't see them in person so I'm very undecided. Thanks for your thoughts as always. :heart:

Does Smoked Almond lean orange at all on you?

patentg33k

I agree! I'm also thinking of Double Fudge, Smoked Almond & maybe Toast & Butter. I can't see them in person so I'm very undecided. Thanks for your thoughts as always. :heart:

Does Smoked Almond lean orange at all on you?
No, Smoked Almond is infused with pink. To me, Toast and Butter seems a lot warmer (but still, not orange). Of the two, Smoked Almond is a much more interesting and flattering color (SA seems in the same family as Chanel Mademoiselle, but not the same).

Most of the shades have a lot more complexity than Toast and Butter. Double Fudge is SO vampy and complicated--definitely a fave.

Keep in mind my skin tone is warm though. I know you are cool-toned. I'm wondering about Driftwood for you, but it may be too light/ avant garde for your taste.

Last edited:

elegant-one

No, Smoked Almond is infused with pink. To me, Toast and Butter seems a lot warmer (but still, not orange). Of the two, Smoked Almond is a much more interesting and flattering color (SA seems in the same family as Chanel Mademoiselle, but not the same).

Most of the shades have a lot more complexity than Toast and Butter. Double Fudge is SO vampy and complicated--definitely a fave.

Keep in mind my skin tone is warm though. I know you are cool-toned. I'm wondering about Driftwood for you, but it may be too light/ avant garde for your taste.

You're so helpful. Driftwood was one I really wanted at first, but it looks so pale. I did order Cordovan today & will probably order Double Fudge & Smoke Almond. Double Fudge is so beautiful.

elegant-one

14350776_672913979533086_5745811904333348864_n.jpg

Gorgeous!!!! Driftwood & In Control Lip liner

stephrobertsmakeup - OMGOSH she is so beautiful!!!

Last edited: