Mac Liptensity (September 20th 2016)

leonah

if anyone can compare driftwood to really me (and oblivion from UD if you have it) I would truly appreciate it. I don't really trust Temptalias comparison pics as she always seem to have different lightning etc

Icecaramellatte

Yes, I watched hers too & they look really good on her. What shades do you like?

All the nudes look good! Like Toast and Butter, Smoked Almond and others. Probably want a plum but they all look similar. I will try to find one different from the dozens I already have. I think this will be a good opportunity to shop in store. I've seriously neglected my favorite Mac store. I don't get invites to parties any more.

Last edited:

Mizani

There are so many beautiful colors in this collection. With Halloween coming up, I am mostly interested in just Stallion for the time being. Plus it is one of the "limited edition" ones I believe.

Good to hear that the shades are pretty pigmented considering the finish.

Mizani

Some swatches for your viewing pleasure, hadnt had much time to really test them but I wore the blue for a bit today to get a feel of the formula. They are very creamy and feel quite comfortable on the lips. Blue Beat almost looked purple when I first swatched it so I had to swatch it next to Gunner and Midnight Troll and it suddenly looked blue again. I swatched Stallion next to Hautecore and it is by far more pigmented and more black than Hautecore. They look very glossy upon first application but dry down to more of a ... satin-y type finish I'd say.

Reporting back when I have more to say about wear and longevity.

Thanks so much for this review, Honi! Stallion is the one I have my eye on the most right now and good to see confirmation that it is better than Hautecore which I had expected anyways. Hautecore was such a disappointment. Sheer patchness.

elegant-one

Surprise...my Macys had these today. I bought Double Fudge... wow, what a great vampy chic shade! I'm also going to get Mulling Spices, because I love Mulling Spices in hot cranberry juice this time of year & its a deep sexy gorgeous red.

Mizani

Double Fudge is pretty but I'm scared my skintone will pull too much brown. How much red is in it? :)

patentg33k

Surprise...my Macys had these today. I bought Double Fudge... wow, what a great vampy chic shade! I'm also going to get Mulling Spices, because I love Mulling Spices in hot cranberry juice this time of year & its a deep sexy gorgeous red.

Great! I ordered Mulling Spices today too. I think I've watched too many Youtube videos for this collection lol. But everytime I saw that shade I had to have it too

elegant-one

Great! I ordered Mulling Spices today too. I think I've watched too many Youtube videos for this collection lol. But everytime I saw that shade I had to have it too

It's very beautiful in person. I originally wanted Life's Blood, but MS is such a deeper red. I Loved Smoked Almond a lot! Toast & Butter was really pretty too. It almost looked like a very wearable brown. I may have to ponder that one. I wore Double Fudge tonight & its sooo sexy ;)

elegant-one

Double Fudge is pretty but I'm scared my skintone will pull too much brown. How much red is in it? :)

It's a beautifully more complex shade. It's a gorgeous burgundy based shade. I don't think it will pull too brown...but what do I know lol. I believe it has enough red/burgundy to work on you.

lipstickaddict

:whistle:
:wavey:Which ones are you getting? Postmodern is super gorgeous and Eros too.

:wavey: Did you get 12??? Eeeeeeeeee! Fabulous! Glad to hear you love the formula! I've really been liking it too and I love that the packing is metal- just gorgeous. I got Driftwood, Eros, Postmodern, Ambrosial & Claretcast. Haven't dipped into the reds yet :eek:

elegant-one

:wavey: Did you get 12??? Eeeeeeeeee! Fabulous! Glad to hear you love the formula! I've really been liking it too and I love that the packing is metal- just gorgeous. I got Driftwood, Eros, Postmodern, Ambrosial & Claretcast. Haven't dipped into the reds yet :eek:

:wavey::kisskiss::cloud9: Hi my dear friend! I'm sure they are beautiful on you! These are really really nice.

Mizani

It's a beautifully more complex shade. It's a gorgeous burgundy based shade. I don't think it will pull too brown...but what do I know lol. I believe it has enough red/burgundy to work on you.

Thanks babe. I might have to give it a whirl. :)

MissTania

Yes I did lol, and back ups of Post Mod, Eros and Medium Rare! I have all the ones you ordered :icon_cheers:I love the packaging too and that the lids are coloured. When I planned my haul I thought they were LE so I ordered everything I liked after watching some Youtube vids. I briefly tried Life's Blood with Urban Decay liner in Wonderland (a really beautiful pink red) and it looked amazing. I'll keep you posted on the reds I got and any that I think are must-haves. At least most of the shades are permanent so everyone can gradually buy them. I think you'd like Medium rare - it is more baby pink than Sunny Seoul but not too barbie-esque.

Last edited:

hitchcockblonde

image.jpeg

Only picked up Driftwood so far and I love it. I don't see much lavender on me, just a grayed out nude pink but it's different than all my other nude lipsticks and I was surprised at how flattering it is to my skin tone.

hitchcockblonde

It's very beautiful in person. I originally wanted Life's Blood, but MS is such a deeper red. I Loved Smoked Almond a lot! Toast & Butter was really pretty too. It almost looked like a very wearable brown. I may have to ponder that one. I wore Double Fudge tonight & its sooo sexy ;)

I'd love to see a swatch of Smoked Almond on you if possible, I know we have similar skin tones. I can't tell if it will go orange or pink on me.