MAC live chat.. a sometimes abused resource for customers

professionaltart

This is indirectly related to this thread:

It really really bugs me when people from specktra/LJ/MUA have to go on MAC Live CHat or call counters in their surrounding areas and like ask trivial and mundane questions to try and prove a point. So these people can come back on LJ/Specktra/MUA and gloat about how they feel superior to MAC Artists because they dont know when Destined lipstick was released. Cmon now, you could have found out the answer onine without agitating her.

//staff note: split discussion; original thread located here

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by professionaltart

It really really bugs me when people from specktra/LJ/MUA have to go on MAC Live CHat or call counters in their surrounding areas and like ask trivial and mundane questions to try and prove a point. So these people can come back on LJ/Specktra/MUA and gloat about how they feel superior to MAC Artists because they dont know when Destined lipstick was released. Cmon now, you could have found out the answer onine without agitating her.

I always felt this way too.

I'm old anyway so I guess, I leave all this trivial crap to the young bucks!!!
cutey.gif

Juneplum

iagree.gif
and that's exactly how it came across... like the op was trying to prove a point by testing the rep.. pointless imho...

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
iagree.gif
and that's exactly how it came across... like the op was trying to prove a point by testing the rep.. pointless imho...

I noticed that alot on here and LJ. They call or to the counter to test the artist. Why though? Pointless to me too.

MacVirgin

Quote:

Yo this happens at the counter over here in holland too(rotterdam). i see people acting like they know better than the MA (it could be so) but what the point in doing that :confused:.

A girl once made a comment like i should be working here instead of her (or something like that). maybe they wanted her job and where jalouse
hmm.gif
. i can only guess.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
I noticed that alot on here and LJ. They call or to the counter to test the artist. Why though? Pointless to me too.

oh.gif
t: I guess the common denominator is - Don't underestimate someones passion to be an authority on a subject. Some people are just willing to go that far and don't realize it's not nessacerily someones job function. :shrug: Quite frankly, IMO, this service [live chat] is abused often.

professionaltart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
oh.gif
t: I guess the common denominator is - Don't underestimate someones passion to be an authority on a subject. Some people are just willing to go that far and don't realize it's not nessacerily someones job function. :shrug: Quite frankly, IMO, this service [live chat] is abused often.

Live CHat should be used for like, Hey Im a NC44 will Blushbaby show on me, if not what can I use?

Instead of like, Why is BCup discontinued? Well I liked it why did you discontinue it?

A lot of people dont understand that just cause you think something is HG doesnt make it HG for everyone else. UGH

rant = done

calbear

I just think of how many times I get this customer on a daily basis. My day is filled with this type of interaction and it just makes the job hard.

Lady_MAC

Quote:
Live CHat should be used for like, Hey Im a NC44 will Blushbaby show on me, if not what can I use?

Yes, that is exactly what I have used it for. As a matter of fact, Jennifer helped me with my questions about Full Coverage for my stretch marks and how to make it look it's best.

aziajs

Quote:

//staff note: split discussion; original thread located here

I agree that people shouldn't test MAC artists or anyone else in order to feel superior. You are absolutely right.

The one thing I have to add is that I don't think it's neccesary to start a new thread to call the girl out. I understand your frustration and annoyance about how she conducted herself but that could have been addressed in her thread.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
The one thing I have to add is that I don't think it's neccesary to start a new thread to call the girl out. I understand your frustration and annoyance about how she conducted herself but that could have been addressed in her thread.

Please notate the staff edit within the first post of this thread.

professionaltart

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs

oh yeah i totally agree thats why i think my post was moved cause i wrote in my first post "indirectly related to this thread"

pugmommy7

These people need to get a life.
I love MAC but I don't need to be a geek about it.
Just enjoy it!(the product)

lara

It's the same as comic book geeks 'testing' the person who works at the collectables store, or the hi-fi nut trying to out-smart the chick at the Bose store. Everyone considers themselves an expert and everyone else is merely a pretender.

Sometimes I feel like making myself a shirt that reads "One person does not represent the whole."

Chic 2k6

Some people are such idiots :|

I have seen cases in stores where customers make the staff look and feel dumb and it makes me feel sorry for the staff because they're only human and is trying to do their jobs.

My mom is a teacher at a college and there is a student who's like in his 30s and he's been verbally abusing all the staff and yet the school board let him stay there til he's done his qualifications, he caused one teacher to have a nervous breakdown because he constantly put her down, correcting anything she had said even though she were correct and he's taking her to court just because he knows better than she does and wants proof of that and also at the fact she refused to teach him anymore(who can blame her huh?) , shouting and swearing at staff saying that he knows everything better than they do. I think the school board should kick him out of that school

ZoeFerret

I know what you mean- I think the MAC employees really need to know are the basics and what the new stuff is. Who the heck is really going to remember a LE item from last year ( or even two months ago- since they come up w/ new stuff every day it seems like. ) It's just really peeves me that people have to do this- I work for a big cell phone company and I don't know what every single phone we have to offer off the top of my head. Plus it changes all the time- just like MAC products.

tinkerbelle

hmmm...There is always someone going to know more than a person and someone who is going to know less...about anything...to try to feel superior or get peeved when someone is trying to answer the best they can is such a waste of energy..
hmm.gif

Cool Kitten

because some people get off on feeling smarter and better than everyone else, and have to belittle a person who isn't in the position to tell them off for their obnoxiousness in order to feel superior.

Beauty Mark

It's an insecurity thing. It happens with lots of things. I had a friend (we no longer speak to each other for other reasons) who got off the few times I mispronounced something or was wrong. She constantly used words incorrectly according to definition and would flip out if anyone would kindly correct her.

It's one thing for them not to know basic, important things (like my frustration with computer company not knowing how help me with my computer when my friend is able to fix the issue within a few minutes, both over the phone), but to just brag about it?

Latest posts