MAC - Love Lace Discussion

Turpentine

I planned to buy both Suave Intentions and Love Lace, but I ended up only buying Suave Intentions. I got a bit disappointed when I saw Love Lace in the store, thought that it was going to be more blue than gray.
Now I'm actually starting to regret that I did not get Hypnotizing LOL

LMD84

oh dear! i think we should stop all the hynotizing enabling!
tong.gif
there is a mini version of it in the holiday 09 sorceress palette for those who don't realise... took me a while!
tong.gif

heartbeam

I was contemplating buying both Pincurl and Hypnotising when the collection came out, but I only bought Hypnotising!! Procrastinated for a long time before finally deciding to get Pincurl on the Mac website!! Thank goodness I did!!!!
smiles.gif
Phewwwww.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Lalala.. I can't hear you.
whistle.gif
My total expenses for Spring color forecast + the VG VI SE I got today are up to around the equivalent of $ 150.
shockt.gif
winks.gif

To be quite honest, I've hardly used Pincurl.
[WARNING : Plug your ears] Hypnotizing is quite another story; I can't get enough of it. [It's now safe to unplug your ears]
However, I hear that Shale, which is permanent, is very close, and that NYX Beanie is an almost perfect dupe.

Modmom

Wow, I was at my counter last night and they still have Love Lace eyeshadow! I didn't get it because I was there getting Prussian, but now I can't get it out of my head. Wonder if I should go back for it?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modmom
Wow, I was at my counter last night and they still have Love Lace eyeshadow! I didn't get it because I was there getting Prussian, but now I can't get it out of my head. Wonder if I should go back for it?

Unless you're really strict about adhering to a budget, I'd recommend it. It's a beautiful colour IMO, not super-dark or light, you can see it's blue, but the level of grey in it makes it neutral enough to work with a lot of different colours. And, of course, it's a Veluxe Pearl, which means that the texture is sumptuous.

I got LL, Suave Intentions and Pincurl from this collection (passed on Hypnotizing since I have Shale already) and I've been really happy with all of them.

Modmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
Unless you're really strict about adhering to a budget, I'd recommend it. It's a beautiful colour IMO, not super-dark or light, you can see it's blue, but the level of grey in it makes it neutral enough to work with a lot of different colours. And, of course, it's a Veluxe Pearl, which means that the texture is sumptuous.

I got LL, Suave Intentions and Pincurl from this collection (passed on Hypnotizing since I have Shale already) and I've been really happy with all of them.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if they have pincurl. If they have both, I just may not be able to resist LOL I passed on hypnotizing for the same reason you did LOL

Lisianthus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modmom

You may want to try out Love Lace or compare it to other VPs before getting it. I find it doesn't have that pop or shine that other VPs do once applied. The colour seems a bit flat, almost more like a satin to me.

dreamer246

Hypnotizing is a really versatile color - it goes well with greys and purples. I know, because I paired it with Gazette Grey and Dame's Desire today.
greengrin.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Hypnotizing is a really versatile color - it goes well with greys and purples.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Hypnotizing on my bright green eyes.
It's neutral enough not to "compete" with my eye color, but special enough to not be boring.
A look I'm loving and wearing a lot lately is Hypnotizing on the lid, and Stila Viola(on NW15 me, essentially a deeper version of Hypnotizing) in the crease, and Unbasic White to highlight inner corner and browbone.
Don't be put off by the fact that Hypnotizing is a Frost; to me, it performs more like a Veluxe Pearl, or even a Starflash.
Yeah, I bought a backup of Hypnotizing, and may actually need it!
lol.gif