MAC - Love that Look Discussion

MissCrystal

Launch Date: August 2009 (TBA)

Featuring sixteen limited shades with a few repromotes, Love That Look is this year’s follow up from last year’s Starflash Collection. The collection will include four Pearlglide eye liners (most likely a combination of repromotes and maybe one or two new ones) and twelve shades of eyeshadows.

credit MAC Love That Look Collection Preliminary Information

panda0410

Re: Love that Look Collection

Nice to see S&D back!!!!
greengrin.gif

SMMY

Woot! A thread for this collection.

My shopping list will probably change upon seeing swatches and playing with them in person, but so far it consists of:
Smoke and Diamonds (backup)
One-Off - I'm hoping it's a Wondergrass type of true green
Fashion Groupie - because there is no such thing as too many purple eye shadows
Rated R - Because like the flibbity gibbet I am, I gave away my NARS Rated R duo.
Unbasic White - is a maybe. If it's a breathtakingly beautiful white, then I'll get it. I've decided that having 183944 highlighting shades is a bit much and I don't need to buy every one that MAC releases.
Strike a Pose - This is the one I'm most excited about. Last year Chanel released this beautiful dark teal eye shadow, but the pigmentation and finish were pretty bleh. I'm hoping that Strike A Pose is what I wanted Bois Blue to be.

Bois Blue - my unrequited love
fall08_chanel2006.jpg

gildedangel

Doesn't this collection sound model or fashion show-themed? Strike a Pose, Fashion, Style Snob, Fashion Groupe, all of these point to that being the color story to me. What do you think?

Nzsallyb

i will definitely get smoke and diamonds, but i am gutted that the kohl powers wont be back. feline is my HG waterliner! and we have no CCO's here...boo hiss

Yushimi

I guess this will ... "kinda" make up for all those discontinued products MAC took from us lolz.

But yes, very very excited for some new/repromote eyeshadows
smiles.gif
wooo!!

xpucu

I'm really happy that S&D is coming back
th_DANCE.gif
i will get backup for sure !!! And of course more e/s are always welcome
choochoo.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
Woot! A thread for this collection.

Strike a Pose - This is the one I'm most excited about. Last year Chanel released this beautiful dark teal eye shadow, but the pigmentation and finish were pretty bleh. I'm hoping that Strike A Pose is what I wanted Bois Blue to be.

Bois Blue - my unrequited love

I didn't like Bois Blue. The MA used it on my eyes but I don't know why I just didn't like it although the colour is beautiful. Maybe it is the finish, like you said.

My list right now:
Black Russian
One-Off
Strike a Pose
Fashion Groupie

cupcake123

I was not into MAC when Smoke & Diamonds came out so I am excited to get it this time. I'll probably get a couple more depending on what the colors look like swatched on me.

wishingforsn0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY

yes! completely agreed. i fell in love with the color when i first saw Bois Blue, but it took way too much work to get the color in the pan to show up, and ended up more of an ugly uneven matte instead of the amazing rich shimmer it looked like. that, combined with the price of chanel shadows... ugh. hopefully Strike A Pose wont let us down!

GlamQueen21

This collection is going to rock this year!!! I have ordered my first two Starflash e/s and I can't wait to get them! What I want from this collection is.....EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Peach08

im so glad they are bringing back favorites like smoke and diamonds and dream maker, as i got into mac just recently and have heard soo much about them that i was so down i couldnt get them, but now i have the chance!

Shadowy Lady

I am so excited about this collection. Hopefully all the eyshadows have great colour payoff like S&D and Top Hat from last year, not crappy payoff like Sunset B.
yucky.gif

No list until I see swatches

TangoMT

This is good news! I've been using my Smoke and Diamonds sparingly since I would be really sad if I ran out, it's nice to know I can score a back up of it. Fashion Groupie sounds interesting, I love violets! I'll really need to see some swatches of it though, if it's anything like the disappointing Lotusland from last year with very little payoff I'll definitely be passing on it.

AudreyNicole

From this collection I want:

Strike A Pose Dirty deep sea blue
Fashion Groupie Light, blue violet
One-Off Medium green with silver pearl
Rated R Light, yellow green
Fashion Light gray-green with gold pearl

I am also considering Rave and Fly by Blue liners. I passed on them the first time around, but I may grab them this time. It all depends if I end up wanting 2 or 3 of the quads coming with the fall collection. If I can cut it down to 2, then I will get the liners. If not, I will pass on them.

I am wearing Smoke and Diamonds today, and I had forgotten how much I love this shadow. So gorgeous!
yes.gif

erine1881

seeing as how these sold so well the first time around, i'm really hoping that they'll be perm this time, like what happened with dazzleglass, ya know?

it'd make sense what with all the shadows that got the boot lately.
th_dunno.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
seeing as how these sold so well the first time around, i'm really hoping that they'll be perm this time, like what happened with dazzleglass, ya know?

it'd make sense what with all the shadows that got the boot lately.
th_dunno.gif

I was thinking the same thing! I sure hope so! *fingers crossed!*

Latest posts