MAC - Love that Look Discussion

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky & Poodle
Well, I wish they would make a perm collection of Starflash shadows, everybody is raving about them

That would be a dream come true!!

Starflashes and Veluxe Pearls are my favorite eyeshadow finishes!!!

MAC please,
th_worship.gif
make them perm!!

Pinky & Poodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
As for fakes on eBay, I've never had a problem with that. Most eBay sellers are careful, and live in dread of negative feedback.
Just be prepared to pay above retail for a popular LE item.
Of course, be sure the item is "BNIB"= Brand new in box.

I've bought from ebay twice, with 50/50 luck
winks.gif

I got One-Off, and couldn't understand the hype over the finish, but then I discovered it was fake
ssad.gif

So be careful, the seller had 100% positive feedback..!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
Did a look on me blog with Smoke & Diamonds...
tong.gif
I love it paired with birds and berries.

Smoke & Diamonds is DEE-LICIOUS!
I've written to MAC, begging them to make it permanent, but they heartlessly ignored me.
Back to topic: Starflash shadows are incredible; velvety creamy-rich texture, voluptuous pigmentation, smooth, uniform shimmer, good wear (over a base).
They just feel luxurious.
love.gif
sigh.gif

MAC seriously needs to offer some on a permanent basis, as a pro item, if nothing else.
I don't understand it.
Don't they *want* to make even more money?
th_dunno.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
That would be a dream come true!!

Starflashes and Veluxe Pearls are my favorite eyeshadow finishes!!!

MAC please,
th_worship.gif
make them perm!!

^I agree!
MAC, I'll beg, I'll plead, I'll grovel, I'll give you even more of my money!

Hypathya

Quote:
Smoke & Diamonds is DEE-LICIOUS!
I've written to MAC, begging them to make it permanent, but they heartlessly ignored me.
Back to topic: Starflash shadows are incredible; velvety creamy-rich texture, voluptuous pigmentation, smooth, uniform shimmer, good wear (over a base).
They just feel luxurious.
love.gif
sigh.gif

MAC seriously needs to offer some on a permanent basis, as a pro item, if nothing else.
I don't understand it.
Don't they *want* to make even more money?
th_dunno.gif

iagree.gif

Quote:
^I agree!
MAC, I'll beg, I'll plead, I'll grovel, I'll give you even more of my money!

th_LMAO.gif

cno64

Once again I'll state: I. Just. Don't. Understand. It.
MAC has a fanatically loyal add- I mean, customer - base.
Why do they make us yearn, grovel, plead, beg, scrape, swap, and scheme to get certain adored products - sometimes.
They now offer Dazzleglasses on a permanent basis, bless them, as well as some Mineralize products, and those lovely Matte Squared eyeshadows.
WE WANT STARFLASH! WE WANT STARFLASH! WE WANT STARFLASH! WE WANT STARFLASH! WE WANT STARFLASH! WE WANT STARFLASH! WE WANT STARFLASH!
Repeat 90 trillion times ...
Come on, MAC; you KNOW we'll buy them!
You just know that cocaine addicts don't have to do this sort of thing ...

LMD84

Quote:
Why do they make us yearn, grovel, plead, beg, scrape, swap, and scheme to get certain adored products - sometimes.
They now offer Dazzleglasses on a permanent basis, bless them, as well as some Mineralize products, and those lovely Matte Squared eyeshadows.
WE WANT STARFLASH! WE WANT STARFLASH! WE WANT STARFLASH! WE WANT STARFLASH! WE WANT STARFLASH! WE WANT STARFLASH! WE WANT STARFLASH!

hee hee!
iagree.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
Me too!!

Solidarity!
dothewave.gif

Back to topic: I love love love love love love love Smoke & Diamonds, and am soo glad I have a backup!
It's the perfect shimmery taupe-y gray, as far as I'm concerned.
MAC makes the best eyeshadow colors!
Lately, I love wearing Hypnotizing (not a Starflash, but behaves like one) on the lid, Smoke & Diamonds in the crease, and Unbasic White to highlight inner corners and browbones. I apply Macroviolet Fluidline with a 210 right along upper lashes, and I have a neutral-with-a-kick look that makes my green eyes POP!
eyelove.gif

Wow, where were shadows like this when I was in my 20s?
I remember wandering forlornly through a department store cosmetics department, telling a saleswoman that I was looking for a "grayish lavender" eyeshadow.
She looked at me like I'd asked to search her panties, just sort of shrugged, and wandered away ...
Little did I know that in middle age (45), I'd have more "dirty" lavenders than two eyes can wear!
Where was MAC back then?
sigh.gif

meToo

Quote:

this, for sure