MAC LUSTRE SHADOWS AND GLAZE LIPSTICKS ARE BEING DISCONTINUED!

lmcmullen

I just did a live chat with MAC to see if they had any word on this being true - so far they have no word that these finishes are being discontinued.

It may not have filtered down to them yet if it's the case, but I was curious if they had any info about it.

Rinstar

Hmmm, I like glaze lipsticks, but I was seriously just wondering when they would come to their sense and discontinue the listed eyeshadows!

commandolando

this breaks my heart! Glaze finishes are my all time favorite formula..beach bound, out-minxed & cunning (even though cunning was apparently a "frost".) sad panda, how will i live?

kimibos

hi, i asked the girls at the mac store and they say that its sound weird since aquadisiac is like one of the best sellers and one of the best eyeshadows that mac has. im still going to back aquadisiac up since its one of my fav shadows.

apocalypgloss

You know, not all Lustres were created equal to begin with. My Swimming and Aquadisiac always behaved much differently than my Filament, Forgery, or Honey Lust. Swimming and Aquadisiac were good to me but the rest just flaked, flaked, flaked and never did adhere properly.

I'm surprised they are discontinuing Glazes as MAC seems to be all about the sheer lipsticks in recent years. My guess is that a "new" lipstick formula will come out soon (if it isn't already announced--I'm out of the new product loop) that will replace them but still be nice and sheer and probably even carry quite a few dupe colors.

renateos

I don't mind the lustre e/s being discountinued. But glaze lipsticks?? Oh man, now I need to back up Hue as a crazywoman..

rockin

I love Glaze lipsticks - some of my favourites are glazes (mostly LE ones, but Hot Tahiti is a fave)! I do hope they don't discontinue them. I think they would be mad to discontinue Swimming and Aquadisiac eyeshadows, as they are so popular

DILLIGAF

I'm with everyone else that said good riddidance to the Lustre e/s. I have a few in my stash and I have to say they are my LEAST reached for eyeshadows.

nuvit

Wow. I only have LE glaze lipsticks, but Aquadisiac shadow is one of my favorites. Bummer.

same here
th_stormy.gif

C2keri

Is everyone sure that this wasn't just an MA trying to sell product? I've had them do this to me before - and the products that were supposed to be Goodbyes are still around. If the LiveChat folks don't know and other MA's don't know, then shouldn't we take this with a grain of salt?

apocalypgloss

I don't think I ever once got Filament to adhere on mine or any one else's eye with any amount of measurable success. Even Pixie Epoxy couldn't save it.

Ember2

I hope it's not true. Count me as another who would hate to not have Hot Tahiti in her collection for many years to come.

apocalypgloss

The lipsticks would surprise me, truly. They have to be planning a new formulation that most of them will return as. Or--like they did with the Satins when the Amplifieds came out--discontinue all but the super popular shades.

On the upside, if you HAVE to hoard them they stay fresh forever. I've got lipcolors from 2001 that still smell like vanilla.

I'm still sort of humming "Ding dong Filament is dead!" softly in my head, though. Peace out, crumbly eye shadow!

skratikans

ooohhh no!!! This makes me soooooo sad! I freakin' love glazes- I always collect them. When they came out with acid washed I wish that wasn't l/e. And I can't believe they are getting rid of the lustre shadows...Retrospeck is my favorite e/s of all time!

shellygrrl

Staff member
Is everyone sure that this wasn't just an MA trying to sell product? I've had them do this to me before - and the products that were supposed to be Goodbyes are still around. If the LiveChat folks don't know and other MA's don't know, then shouldn't we take this with a grain of salt?
Agreed. For now, I'm not going to believe a word of it.

makeupbyleslie

I need to finally buy Hue before they discontinue! I love the glaze finish but never the colors! Maybe I should check them out again :p

Latest posts