MAC - MAC Fall Color Discussion

ladyarwen

I got Feline today and tested it out around the house. It goes on the waterline so nicely, but it really doesn't have much staying power. And yes, it does smudge a bit under the eye. Sad. =/

princess sarah

i have created some awesome looks with feline, I have used it to cut my crease and then smudge out into a smokey eye and fill my lid with the brightest colour I can find. I set the feline with Inglots matte black. I have been pretty happy with it... in saying that, I might use that one tomorrow!

LiLBeautyBarbie

I agree the staying power is not good at all :( but it's so nice on the waterline I just set with some black shadow
I got Feline today and tested it out around the house. It goes on the waterline so nicely, but it really doesn't have much staying power. And yes, it does smudge a bit under the eye. Sad. =/

LMD84

i have created some awesome looks with feline, I have used it to cut my crease and then smudge out into a smokey eye and fill my lid with the brightest colour I can find. I set the feline with Inglots matte black. I have been pretty happy with it... in saying that, I might use that one tomorrow!
i'm pleased you have been having fun with feline! :)

PixieDancer

Ok... I used my Angel Flame quad for the 2nd time today & just can't seem to get a good color payoff with the pink shadow! I used UDPP and it's just such a tough color! I couldn't even get hardly any on the brush without really scraping with a 213 brush. Has anyone found a way to make this shade work a little better? I get the prettiest look with this quad but I'm working way too hard to achieve it! Any advice?

Richelle83

Ok... I used my Angel Flame quad for the 2nd time today & just can't seem to get a good color payoff with the pink shadow! I used UDPP and it's just such a tough color! I couldn't even get hardly any on the brush without really scraping with a 213 brush. Has anyone found a way to make this shade work a little better? I get the prettiest look with this quad but I'm working way too hard to achieve it! Any advice?

The only thing I can say is to scrape off a little bit and see how that works. I had the same issue with miss piggy pink, now it works perfectly.

PixieDancer

The only thing I can say is to scrape off a little bit and see how that works. I had the same issue with miss piggy pink, now it works perfectly.
You mean it could have come with a funky layer on top of it?! Because I didn't get anything on it! That's concerning! I hate to have to scrape it up! Oh no! Thanks for the tip doll... Even though it's a depressing thought!

LMD84

You mean it could have come with a funky layer on top of it?! Because I didn't get anything on it! That's concerning! I hate to have to scrape it up! Oh no! Thanks for the tip doll... Even though it's a depressing thought!
it happens with some shadows - i have found that even though i use a clean brush that sometimes the shadow can get a weird layer on top that stops it giving good colour payoff - so i lightly scrape the top off and the shadow is as good as new :) i think oils affect it or something

Mac-Guy

I looked at angel flame today (got a ride to indianapolis!) and they are all dupable... decided not to get it :(

Maybe in terms of colors but not in texture. It is the muted colors that make this quad so interesting. And it's a look that we will see throughout next season. Think Evil Eye or Interior Life quad.

Mac-Guy

Is it just feather pink that is not working or is it all of the pans? If it is the former, a neutral base like Painterly p/p will help to bring out the color.

PixieDancer

Just FP. The other shades are fine. Gravel is a little dry but that's just the formula. FP just doesn't even want to pick up on my brush. I used Painterly the first time. UDPP the second time. UDPP doesn't seem to dry down on my lid quite as much as Painterly. So I thought the little bit of sheerness in the base would improve it, but no luck. Hmmmmmm. Thanks for trying to help doll.

LMD84

you sound just like me! i get very funny about my stuff and germs!! thats a shame you are struggling with this bad boy though :(