MAC - MAC Fall Color Discussion

Piarpreet

if Lightscapade doesnt come back... we should rebel @ KY......revolution strike!!!!!

We want lighscapade, lavender whip! lol

Mac-Guy

You definitely need to plan in some extra time in the morning when you want to use piggies.
bigstar.gif

MAC better stocks up on Lightscapade. It will be crazy on the website and on evilbay.

Mac-Guy

That's my favorite characterization of her: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://blog.danpontingstudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/cindy-sherman-59.jpg&imgrefurl=http://blog.danpontingstudio.com/%3Ftag%3Dcindy-sherman&h=1600&w=1076&sz=319&tbnid=VaGIgJYgfY03jM:&tbnh=94&tbnw=63&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dcindy%2Bsherman%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=cindy+sherman&usg=__1lMdduTb2naCtGGHTlly8TuwkOc=&sa=X&ei=RucRTp2RDoLd0QGs_O2GDg&ved=0CD4Q9QEwBg&dur=242 Her works are so performative in nature. Each photograph is unique, yet self-indulgent.

PS: Apologies for the rather lengthy link!

Copperhead

I've already written a preliminary list based on the informations we have
cheerleader.gif

lipstick in Jungle juice (although we know nothing about it)
parlor smoke quad (same as above)
feline!
pigments... emerald dusk and starless night but I really could change my mind on them
angel flame quad (no info)
lightscapade (I want it most of all because of the hype around it... can someone explain me why is it so special?)

Jungle Juice? I wonder if it's the same Jungle Juice that came out years ago with the Huetopia collection? Oh my! I shall be on the lookout!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Oh Jungle Juice is a repromote, I didn't know. That's a skip for me then, too dark.

Copperhead

Oh Jungle Juice is a repromote, I didn't know. That's a skip for me then, too dark.

I don't know for sure but I'm thinking it may be that same one. We won't really know until we read a description of it or see it because remember when MAC did the eyeshadow Leisure Time twice? One was pinkish/purple and one was goldish. I think one was Leisuretime and the other was Leisure Time. One from the Eden Rocks collection and One from the Belle Azure collection.

ansimi

I own Lightscapade and I like it but I have the right colouring for it(very cool and fair). MAC hasn't made many MSFs similar but lots of other brands do. Don't get too caught up in the hype for this one because it won't even suit most people.

I'm like the concept for this collection. I hope one of the quads appeals to me. I also like the sounds of Ash Violet and Orange Tempera - though I probably wouldn't want to wear them together:)

It sounds like lots of colours for Fall which I wasn't really expecting. Of course, with all the collections MAC is putting out, some of them better be colourful.

Mac-Guy

I own Lightscapade and I like it but I have the right colouring for it(very cool and fair). MAC hasn't made many MSFs similar but lots of other brands do. Don't get too caught up in the hype for this one because it won't even suit most people.

I'm like the concept for this collection. I hope one of the quads appeals to me. I also like the sounds of Ash Violet and Orange Tempera - though I probably wouldn't want to wear them together:)

It sounds like lots of colours for Fall which I wasn't really expecting. Of course, with all the collections MAC is putting out, some of them better be colourful.
I'm NW 20 (maybe NW 15 in the winter) and in comparison with other highlighters, I found Lightscapade to be on the lighter side, almost too light on days where you don't want to emphasize your cool undertones. I see it working well on NW 10/15 complexion and/or if you are going for a "doll face" look. I'm curious to learn how NC complexions get on with it.

MzzRach

I am a huge fan of Cindy Sherman's work, so I am intrigued by this collection. Have not purchased any MAC in months, so will be curious to see this in person.

ansimi

I'm NW10ish and most "highlighters" are darker than my skin. I can actually use Lightscapade as a natural-looking highlighter so it's useful for me. Right now my fake tan makes me about NC15 (no darker) and I wouldn't use it because it would look washed out. Most NC15s could probably wear it in the Winter though. I think it would start to look very unnatural (not always bad but it would be a special effect) by about NC20 and even lighter if a person has strong warm or olive undertones. It's just really not something most people should buy. Sure you could layer it over a blush or bronzer but Specktra members have lots of products they can do that with!

I wonder if they'll upgrade the formula because their recent MSFs are nicer. If mine shattered tomorrow then I'd only replace it on the repromote if they upgraded it to a more refined finish. My standards have gone up since this was released:)

Mac-Guy

iagree.gif
It's very cool-toned. It's just so special for MAC as they usually release darker and more warm-toned colors, but Lightscapade just fit perfectly within the ethereal Swan Lake ballet theme.

liba

I am a huge fan of Cindy Sherman's work, so I am intrigued by this collection. Have not purchased any MAC in months, so will be curious to see this in person.
I saw her first book when I was 12 years old and it blew me away- every photo dramatically different and yet the same woman behind it all. She's been a major inspiration for me and I'm just thrilled MAC's doing a collection with her! Match made in heaven!!!

liba

i'm sure cindy is a photographer of some kind.

Lou’s MAC MSF’s and Beauty Powders - for those who haven't seen lightscapade you can watch the latest specktra youtube video where i swatch it and show it in depth.
She's one of the most influential female photographers in the history of medium.
thmbup.gif

She's right up there with Dorothea Lange and Margaret Bourke-White. Look them all up online or better yet, the next time you're at a library with a good photography book collection. These women are all inspirations for their creativity, innovation and willingness to break all the rules for their work.