MAC - MAC Fall Color Discussion

xasperadastra

She's one of the most influential female photographers in the history of medium.
thmbup.gif

She's right up there with Dorothea Lange and Margaret Bourke-White. Look them all up online or better yet, the next time you're at a library with a good photography book collection. These women are all inspirations for their creativity, innovation and willingness to break all the rules for their work.

As I said in another post, probably MAC with this collection wants to spread the concept that you can be whoever you want?? Because Cindy S. performs different characters in her pictures^^

Speaking about make up if jungle juice is a deep grape repromote I'll probably take prince noir instead of this one!

rockin

She's one of the most influential female photographers in the history of medium.
thmbup.gif

She's right up there with Dorothea Lange and Margaret Bourke-White. Look them all up online or better yet, the next time you're at a library with a good photography book collection. These women are all inspirations for their creativity, innovation and willingness to break all the rules for their work.
I've not heard of any of them! Same with most of the people MAC choose to do their collections with, to be honest.

QueenOfSnark

Between this and MAC Me Over I'm going to be SO broke...and overloaded with fun new eyeshadows. :3 I just got into pigments so I'm excited to see new ones/repromotes coming out, and my friend and I split pigment jars so the cost isn't so bad to me.

*JJ*

i wasn't into mac when lightscapade was first released, i'm interested to see what all the fuss is about.
why is this so great? is it comparable to perfect topping?

2browneyes

So far I'm thinking about:

• Jungle juice ls
  • Parlor Smoke Quad
  • Pigments- blue storm and starless night
  • Rich purple chromagrapic pencil

Edelmc

[quote name="Mac-Guy" url="/forum/thread/176011/mac-mac-x-cindy-sherman-discussion/30#post_2138020"]

iagree.gif
It's very cool-toned. It's just so special for MAC as they usually release darker  and more warm-toned colors, but Lightscapade just fit perfectly within the ethereal Swan Lake ballet theme.

[/quote] I am nw10-15 and that is why I am so excited about this. I love msf but in general they are normally too dark or too warm toned for me...

dxgirly

SUPER EXCITED for this collection.... which is awesome, because all of the other fall collections were kinda, "meh" to me.
amuse.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
EEEEKKK!! Although I have an almost new Lightscapade that I got here on specktra (to replace the original one that I used until it was reduced to atoms), I will 100% be buying myself a backup. My all-time, second-to-none favourite highlighter. Only Play It Proper comes close.

But then I look at the colour story info we have and they're bringing back Jungle Juice as well!!!! I absolutely loved this purple and was really sad when they discontinued it. Even sadder when I had to admit that mine was truly gone.

This collection better come out later, because it's going to put a dent in the wallet. A really big dent... I'm interested in

Collection 1-moonlight blue:
jungle juice l/s
parlor smoke quad (parlor smoke, cross cultural, steel, indigo noir)
Fluidline (ash violet)
Pigment (emerald dusk, starless night)- Not sure what to expect, but these sound gorgeous

Collection 2
(I just realised that I have 3 of the four lipsticks in this set already... And I can't make Ruby Woo work on me... too dry)

Collection 3- rock & roll ballerina

Lipglass (pink fade, orange tempera, good times)- I'll wait for swatches.
Angel flame quad (chamomile, feather pink, angel flame, gravel)
Lightscapade MSF

So that means that between this collection and Mac me over, I want all 4 quads that are coming out this fall...
blink.gif
Better start saving...

LMD84

i wasn't into mac when lightscapade was first released, i'm interested to see what all the fuss is about.
why is this so great? is it comparable to perfect topping?
it's very different to perfect topping. if you watch yesterday specktra blog post you can see me show both and swatch them in detail. perfect topping is more beige and lightscapade is much whiter for starters :)

BeckyBenett

if lightscapade is very light, why is there so much hype about it? wont it be more difficult for the warmer toned pple (aka me) to pull it off?

sorry, im still quite new to mac. forgive this noobie..

xasperadastra

Angel flame quad (chamomile, feather pink, angel flame, gravel) Lightscapade MSF

So that means that between this collection and Mac me over, I want all 4 quads that are coming out this fall...
blink.gif
Better start saving...
I guess I want the same things on your list of course most of all are "maybe" because we have to see colors and pigmentations! I'll probably have to make a choice between jungle juice and prince noir, I'll take a feline and probably must skip a quad because I love a lot of things from mac me over

Mac-Guy

if lightscapade is very light, why is there so much hype about it? wont it be more difficult for the warmer toned pple (aka me) to pull it off?

sorry, im still quite new to mac. forgive this noobie..

It's special, because MAC usually does not make any MSF that is so light and cool-toned (though other brands do).. It's sad that, quite frankly, many Lightscapade will end up in the back of drawers as people bought into the hype rather than looking for a product that suits them.