MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

SarahC0612

Friends, Might I vent a little? I have to agree with some others on here in that the fact that Mac did not launch the Mac Me Over line all at once, REALLY ticks me off. I just think its total lamesauce and it irritates me to no end. Now we have to keep going back and checking the site constantly to see if the stuff is available yet. I think that is really crappy of them to pull that on us. Yeah, I get the whole marketing strategy of creating a sense of suspense and urgency, but this is taking it a little too far don't you think? Toying with my emotions like this is just below the belt IMO. It just crosses the line!!! (okay, yes, I am being a tad dramatic and perhaps a bit sarcastic there).

I don't know, I guess I am bitter because all the stuff I want, of course, still says "coming soon." But still, why can't they just launch it all at once instead of this silly game? I mean we might as well wait till Thursday and get the stuff from a store or counter at this point. I just feel like they should either launch the collection on line, or not launch it till Thursday. This trickery of dangling the carrot just out of my reach, by throwing a few products up for sale online is cruel and unusual, and just strait up wrong people! WRONG!
getyou.gif

UrbanSweetheart

Friends, Might I vent a little? I have to agree with some others on here in that the fact that Mac did not launch the Mac Me Over line all at once, REALLY ticks me off. I just think its total lamesauce and it irritates me to no end. Now we have to keep going back and checking the site constantly to see if the stuff is available yet. I think that is really crappy of them to pull that on us. Yeah, I get the whole marketing strategy of creating a sense of suspense and urgency, but this is taking it a little too far don't you think? Toying with my emotions like this is just below the belt IMO. It just crosses the line!!! (okay, yes, I am being a tad dramatic and perhaps a bit sarcastic there).

I don't know, I guess I am bitter because all the stuff I want, of course, still says "coming soon." But still, why can't they just launch it all at once instead of this silly game? I mean we might as well wait till Thursday and get the stuff from a store or counter at this point. I just feel like they should either launch the collection on line, or not launch it till Thursday. This trickery of dangling the carrot just out of my reach, by throwing a few products up for sale online is cruel and unusual, and just strait up wrong people! WRONG!
getyou.gif
I completely see where you're coming from. I've done two separate orders already from this collection; one last night, and one 20 mins ago. I bought eyeshadows last night, and stunner blush today because it wasn't available last night. A third order is going to happen because I want Prince Noir lipstick and the 226 brush. It's crazy! I also feel rushed to make a purchase because things sell out soooo quickly.If I knew they had enough quantity to last til everything went up on the site, I would wait. But since I've dealt with that horrid "SOLD OUT" message too many times to count, I just buy as soon as what I want becomes available. It's a sad cycle...

pemily

hey guys so this is what i ordered

lipglass: curvaceous
quad: lady grey
Eyeshadow: moleskin
Eyeshadow carbonized
Eyeshadow: creamy bisque
fluidine: midnight blues
blush: stunner
cream color base: seaside
brush: 226

any thoughts? always looooooove feedback

pemily

hey guys...... just a thought....
do you think this could be macs way of "fudging figures"
as in
1) they are getting heat for not enough orders coming thru the door
or 2) they get a kick back from tspt???
(im a salesperson i think of these things..........)

I completely see where you're coming from. I've done two separate orders already from this collection; one last night, and one 20 mins ago. I bought eyeshadows last night, and stunner blush today because it wasn't available last night. A third order is going to happen because I want Prince Noir lipstick and the 226 brush. It's crazy! I also feel rushed to make a purchase because things sell out soooo quickly.If I knew they had enough quantity to last til everything went up on the site, I would wait. But since I've dealt with that horrid "SOLD OUT" message too many times to count, I just buy as soon as what I want becomes available. It's a sad cycle...

Haven

I understand your frustration. Though I have told myself to wait & check these products out in person, I still have some items sitting in my shopping cart online. I probably will cave & order everything I want. I hate rushing to the store only to find out that everything I want is sold out. Then I have to order it online anyway.

I would like to make just one order. It is a pain to worry about a dozen little black boxes (yes I am exaggerating) showing up. Plus one box is a lot easier to explain to DH than 4. LOL I just need the dark/black collection to show up and then I will be good to go.

getyou.gif

ElvenEyes

MAC has so many collections coming out that I honestly can't keep up with them. I forgot all about this one! I just took my first dive, though there are a few more things I will want and a few I want to think on or go into the store. If they are sold out, well...I will live. This is what I have ordered so far:

Blush in Stunner
Blush in Equilibrium
Tinted Lipglass in Social Light
Lipstick in Oh, Oh, Oh,
E/S in Carbonized, Mythical, Moleskin and Creamy Bisque

I'm still debating another gloss, a few lipsticks, etc. lol But these are the ones I wanted the most. I hope they don't disappoint!!

beckyjo

I am shocked, but almost all of the Nordstrom's in the greater Los Angeles area still have 226's in stock. I ordered online and did "pick up in store" and got my brush today. I AM OBSESSED! I didn't even stop to play with the other products, as I'm trying to be good, but I might have to go back for Carbonized...or another 226. :)

UrbanSweetheart

I am shocked, but almost all of the Nordstrom's in the greater Los Angeles area still have 226's in stock. I ordered online and did "pick up in store" and got my brush today. I AM OBSESSED! I didn't even stop to play with the other products, as I'm trying to be good, but I might have to go back for Carbonized...or another 226. :)
I guess I'll just start calling some Nordstrom stores tomorrow. I tried to do the "pick up in store" thing, but I keep getting an error message -__-

Tatyiona

The fact that the 226 isnt even listed let's me know that MAC has no clue when the stock is coming in. I'm just going to take my behind to the store Thursday.

abbygal

The black/dark collection is now available!

It's about time! I've been checking the site every hour since 6 AM!

I ordered:

Stunner Blush
Runaway Red and Oh, Oh, Oh Lipsticks
Dark Envy and Dark Diversion Liners
Moleskin Eyeshadow
211 Brush