MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

NinaHouston

ohwelpz. instore pickup only for the 226 brush. why am i not surprised.

its still on the nordie's website, 5 dollar shipping for 50 dollar purchase w/ code BEAUTY.

elegant-one

Just got one of my orders.

Runaway Red ls is more of a pink based red than I thought it would be. Not that it isn't lovely but I want red red lipsticks

Carbonized is lighter & a tad more red in it than Center Stage. CS is much darker. Carbonized is a lovely sexy shade on.

Avenue (LOVE) is almost exactly like Smashbox Lust.

Part 2 arrives tomorrow

elegant-one

And if you have to add the $5 or $8 Nordies shipping on to the $24.50 for the 226 you can get the Chanel #3 brush for cheaper overall ($28 for just the brush) from Neiman Marcus using their free shipping code.
girlhaha.gif
yep, thats why I just love ordering from NM! And I think they just offered a free 2 day rush shipping

and, no tax for me at NM either :)

OctoberViolet

I was hoping Runaway Red would have more of a blue base to it. It still looks pretty in the swatches though. Enjoy it! My order should be arriving today or tomorrow I believe.

Runaway Red ls is more of a pink based red than I thought it would be. Not that it isn't lovely but I want red red lipsticks

Carbonized is lighter & a tad more red in it than Center Stage. CS is much darker. Carbonized is a lovely sexy shade on.

Part 2 arrives tomorrow

SweetJoy

This whole 226 business is stressing me out! I've had one on hold for a while at my mac store, so I'll pick it up, but if it's not tapered, I guess I'll just have to deal and buy a Laura Mercier crease brush. Or maybe shell out and get a hakuhodo, does anyone know if they make a comparable crease brush?

A lot of us have been wanting one forever, it sucks that mac is playing this game. MAC is like a bad boyfriend, toying with our emotions. And yet we keep going back...

Winthrop44

Quote: Originally Posted by elegant-one

Glad to hear you love Avenue. I decided to give up on the idea of a trip to my counter and ordered that one this morning.

ahhhttack

Yeah, when I originally heard about this collection I was going to get two 226s and Lady Gray quad. Now I'm not getting anything because it's just not worth my time. I like the NARS small dome #12 brush anyway. And I can be sure THAT will always be tapered, because NARS doesn't release collections every week with dubious quality and quantity.

I think Mac puts out too many collections in one year and the company just can't keep up. I think the 226 brush was delayed and had distribution problems because they had too many projects at hand and couldn't keep up with all these collections releasing month after month. Since the 226 is hand made and they have a tight deadline, I think alot of the 226 are going to have quality issues since they are rushing to get them released. =/

Bottom Line: Mac should just release a few AWESOME collections a year, and not mediocre collections one after the next.
nonono.gif

I love Mac and I have alot of products from their permanent collection, but I rarely pick up anything from their limited edition collections.

ahhhttack

This whole 226 business is stressing me out! I've had one on hold for a while at my mac store, so I'll pick it up, but if it's not tapered, I guess I'll just have to deal and buy a Laura Mercier crease brush. Or maybe shell out and get a hakuhodo, does anyone know if they make a comparable crease brush?

A lot of us have been wanting one forever, it sucks that mac is playing this game. MAC is like a bad boyfriend, toying with our emotions. And yet we keep going back...
Honestly try the sigma dupe, or if you wanna stick with HE try the NARS #12

peachsuns

Happy
mac_boxday.gif
elegant! They all sound lovely. Enjoy!
I'll make a trip to my counter tomorrow.
amuse.gif

Part 2 arrives tomorrow

kyoto

Part 2 arrives tomorrow
Glad you received part of your order Elegant. I prefer blue based reds and was hoping that would be the case with Runaway Red. Oh well. I pick up my order tomorrow at Nordies and will at least try it.

ClassicBeauty

So mac cant even reserve stuff? I called my mac counter to ask to reserve the 226 she said no..first come first serve. ok so I guess I have to put everything aside n go.

Nika

So mac cant even reserve stuff? I called my mac counter to ask to reserve the 226 she said no..first come first serve. ok so I guess I have to put everything aside n go.
It probably depends on how nice the salesperson is. I called today to ask for a fluidline to be put on hold and she said no problem, but that it could only be held till the end of day tomorrow (which is more than fair in my opinion!).

ClassicBeauty

yeah she just flat out and said no.. ugh o well I might just get the nars small dome #12, I cant be bother to go thru to all this trouble..

m0rg3nst3rn

So I did a MAC Chat about when the 226 will be available online, here is what I was told:

info: Welcome to MAC Cosmetics Online. Your personal Makeup Artist will be with you shortly.
info: Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Robert. How may I assist you?
Robert: Hello Alexis.
Alexis: Hi Robert, I was just wondering if you can tell me if the 226 brush is still going to be released with the mac me over collection? I don't see it on the website.
Robert: Regrettably this highly anticipated tool has been delayed. We do still expect it to launch and regrettably I don't have specifics on when. Please check back soon!
Alexis: Oh, ok. Thank you. I was just curious and wanted to make sure that it would still be coming out.
Alexis: Thank you for letting me know that it will eventually pop up.
Robert: My pleasure!
Alexis: That was pretty much all I wanted to know, please have a great day.
Robert: Thank you! You too!
Robert: Thank you for your visit! You may close the chat window by clicking the "End Chat" button at the top right once. You will be able to request that a copy of this chat be emailed to you as well as answer a few questions about your experience.
Alexis: Thanks
Alexis: Bye

Nika

yeah she just flat out and said no.. ugh o well I might just get the nars small dome #12, I cant be bother to go thru to all this trouble..
Sounds like your salesperson was a jerk. I'd just call back and try to get someone else on the line. It's like when I go in for B2MAC and some jerk tells me I can't since it's missing pans. I then go in the next day, get a different salesperson, and they take back the pots with no pans without a problem. Every salesperson seems to develop their own set of "rules".

ahhhttack

They really do, it bothers me SO much. I even put pans back IN my pots, and one SA would like stare at them closely to see if there were 'any signs of tampering' with the pans. Other SAs don't even look in the bag. Seems to be the same with livechat/corporate people. Every story you get is different from the last. 226s is just delayed! 226 is in store only!! I dunno anything about a 226!!!

LMD84

and as a sales person i hate this!! if people aren't sure they should just ask rather than making crap up. luckily my staff know they can ask me questions and i will give them the answer. but better yet i train them well so this stuff doesn't happen.

shontay07108

I just got Outre and Creamy Bisque. The good news first: I really like Creamy Bisque. It's so pretty and pigmented, surprisingly. The pink tinge I saw in Temptalia's swatch doesn't quite translate. It looks more on me the way it did on Karla. I think I can pull this off all over the lid because it's so pigmented and not ashy at all. Bad news: Not in love with Outre. I'm going to wait until I test this out(either tomorrow or Friday) before I make a final judgement. It's dark and flat. I don't see anything mustard about it in pan or swatch. It blends right into my hand. My hand is a little lighter than my face, so I hope it shows up on my lids. It fits into the Wedge family without being a dupe. Wedge is lighter. Creamy Bisque, Outre It's weird that Dazzlelight shows up more pink on me than Creamy Bisque. Also, the pic doesn't do CB justice. I think it's gorgeous and better than all the other similar shades that I own Dazzlelight, Creamy Bisque and Outre, Wedge