MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

Mac-Guy

If you bought at any f/s store or counter before, you can easily pull up your name on the computer. You just need to ask if the SA does not offer it. Oh well, as long as we still go crazy over MAC, they won't (or don't need to) change.

Nika

I think part of the problem is they hear an instruction once ("Don't accept pots without pans!") and then they stick to it. Never mind that the process has changed or been revamped, or whatnot. They heard it once, so therefore it must be true forever!

Monsy

Stunner in daylight and Stunner swatch on NC20 skin. Swatch is very heavy! I did at least three layers, because it barely shows up

elegant-one

Glad you received part of your order Elegant. I prefer blue based reds and was hoping that would be the case with Runaway Red. Oh well. I pick up my order tomorrow at Nordies and will at least try it.
Oh its so good to see you post!!! Hope you are doing well.

Maybe it will be different on your lips, but on me it definitely pulls a bit fuchsia/pink in the undertones. I thought it was going to be a true blue based red. Its still pretty.

ansimi

Thanks for the pics Shontay:) I love seeing how neutrals look on different colours of skin. I knew how great Creamy Bisque looked on my skin (NW10ish and CB is close to my undertone) but it's nice to see how it looks on you. The finish on CB is beautiful. It makes Dazzlelight look cheap. And the pigmentation is so good that you could use it as a full-on lid colour for a pale eye with a dark lip for Fall! Don't give up on Outre. I actually think it could be useful for you if you don't have a bunch of similar shades.

cutegingerbread

I feel like I haven't been on here in so long! Can't wait to check this collection out in stores =]

I have a few comparison questions if you ladies don't mind:

1. How does Moleskin compare to Naked from the UD Naked palette? I know Temptalia said it's similar and warmer but how much warmer?
2. Also, how does Creamy Bisque compare to Virgin from Naked Palette?

Thank you in advance! Hope you ladies are enjoying your orders!

shontay07108

Thanks for the pics Shontay:) I love seeing how neutrals look on different colours of skin. I knew how great Creamy Bisque looked on my skin (NW10ish and CB is close to my undertone) but it's nice to see how it looks on you. The finish on CB is beautiful. It makes Dazzlelight look cheap. And the pigmentation is so good that you could use it as a full-on lid colour for a pale eye with a dark lip for Fall! Don't give up on Outre. I actually think it could be useful for you if you don't have a bunch of similar shades.
I'm definitely not giving up on Outre. I will try it out Friday. I think it's all about what I pair with it. I am open to suggestions. And yes, CB puts Dazzlelight to shame. I can't even remember the last time I used that thing. I prefer Ricepaper as a highlight anyway. Tomorrow I want to use CB with this new pink shadow I bought from Mufe. I think it might be awesome.

Mac-Guy

Yup, Stunner is not very pigmented as I described it earlier. It's a little bit more pigmented than a beauty powder, but certainly not as pigmented as regular blushes.

Stunner in daylight and Stunner swatch on NC20 skin. Swatch is very heavy! I did at least three layers, because it barely shows up

Icecaramellatte

OHNO on the hurricane - please be safe! And thanks a lot for the earthquake today
girlhaha.gif

So far I ordered:
Stunner Blush
Avenue liner
Carbonized
Moleskin
Runaway red ls
Take Root
greengrin.gif

I want to see the rest in person.
Elegant - how do you plan to use the Take Root? I never know what to do with CCBs.

shontay07108

I was surprised to see Stunner recommended for darker skin tones on Temptalia, whereas Equilibrium was recommended for light skin tones. Having swatched both, I would say it's exactly the other way around, especially as Stunner was not very pigmented and I am NW20. Don't get me wrong, I still like Stunner very much color-wise, but it's really more like a beauty powder than a blush - or at least, that's how I will use it.  But I guess everybody should try it out and test for themselves to make an informed decision.

That surprised me, too. In her initial review, she said it was so light that it could probably only serve as a highlight on dark skin. I guess it all depends on what you're looking for in a blush. I love the color of Stunner, but I don't want to apply it in layers. I don't doubt Equilibrium is more pigmented, but I don't like the color at all. Not the best on my skin.

AudreyNicole

I ordered Midnight Blues online, and already have Dark Diversion. I am considering going to my counter tomorrow to check out Dark Envy, Stunner, the Lady Grey quad and maybe Avenue. I will likely skip Dark Envy though since I have Shade. I read Stunner is sheer... Should I even bother? Midnight Blues is the one thing I couldn't live without... For those who have seen the collection, are the other items I am interested in worth a trip to the counter?

elegant-one

Elegant - how do you plan to use the Take Root? I never know what to do with CCBs.
Hi dear!
I usually use ccb Root just as my shadow, but then I love using coppery colors, greys, & blue-greys, deep plum shadows over it just up to the crease. I'n a fairly boring just smokey or neutral eyes girl ;)