MAC Makeup Masters 2017

patentg33k

I haven't tried any Dazzleshadows yet... are they quite different from pressed pigments? I'm intrigued by the quad but I have so many pressed pigments and hardly ever reach for them. I should probably skip.

Dazzleshadows seems more high-impact shine (shimmery bits, in most), some have a strong duochrome. Here are some swatches from Le Disko. The shimmer bits View attachment 58089
can be softened if you apply them wet.

I really like the colours but as Sam from Pixiwoo said, they don't set and are more geared to pro MUAs. I have oily lids so colours that don't set are pointless to me. If I want a messy look I'll use my clear Eye Gloss instead.

I'm interested in the Paints - but personally I have no experience with them so I need to read old reviews on this product type first. I'd love to get the royal blue and the purple one if they're indeed useable.

As much as I like the swatches, I have to agree with you. Those would be unbelievable if they were powders, but those just aren't going to set.

I'm following mac's Dominic_mua and a few other MAC artists on instagram. They are going into the different Fashion Weeks, so I'll be curious to see how they use the products on the road. I'm assuming that since this release is timed to coincide with all the shows, we'll be seeing at least some of them in action.

Last edited:

fabulousmoolah

I think I just want the blush duo but if this is it, it looks a little too dark to be called peach and the taupe side is like bronzer dark. It says "blush duo" not blush/bronzer duo". Hopefully swatches will come out before it goes up. I also don't see any gold in the peach.

spring2017_macart002.jpg

Mac-Guy

I think I just want the blush duo but if this is it, it looks a little too dark to be called peach and the taupe side is like bronzer dark. It says "blush duo" not blush/bronzer duo". Hopefully swatches will come out before it goes up. I also don't see any gold in the peach.

View attachment 58116

I don't think we can rely on MAC's color descriptions. It looks like all the other bronzer/contour/blush duos that came out in the last two years. They are all similar with slight variations in undertones. I recommend swatching them in person, as the undertones will determine how it suits your skin.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Yup, I've tried many and the Mac extend eye base works the best but my lids are hooded and oily so the most I can get out of any shadow, powder or cream, is about 4-5 hours.

I have hooded and oily lids myself, but I don't have the same longevity issues that you do, I don't think. I've been using NARS' eye primer (though MAC's is what I'll be getting next).

Corally

Some swatches: Instagram

Jasper will be mine.

Edit: On second thought... the finish doesn't really look satin to me? More amplified but maybe it's just this pic. The color's really nice though. If it behaves more like an amplified I can skip the entire collection lol.

Last edited:

stirfryedshana

Jasper will be mine.

Edit: On second thought... the finish doesn't really look satin to me? More amplified but maybe it's just this pic. The color's really nice though. If it behaves more like an amplified I can skip the entire collection lol.

You're right, that looks more Amplified than Satin...not a big deal to me because I like both but hopefully it'll be more like an actual satin for yall non-Amplified fans lol. Jasper and Bloodstone are both absolutely gorgeous.

Marsha Pomells

Jasper will be mine.

Ooooh... I'm going to... Pass on Jasper... Nice colour, but it reminds me of Tribalist.

Miss Dynamite

At this rate, the collection will be out before Temptalia posts her swatches. I've been impatiently waiting for 8 days now.

Miss Dynamite

Perhaps the MAC PR people have not given permission for swatches to be released as yet.

Dominic Skinner and a bunch of other people on Instagram have posted swatches already, so I don't see why they wouldn't have. Temptalia used to post swatches the same day she would get the color story, now she waits longer and longer. I hate not having any clue what I want from a collection until a couple days before it comes out.

boschicka

Dominic Skinner and a bunch of other people on Instagram have posted swatches already, so I don't see why they wouldn't have. Temptalia used to post swatches the same day she would get the color story, now she waits longer and longer. I hate not having any clue what I want from a collection until a couple days before it comes out.

I feel like this about a lot of makeup releases lately, not just with MAC. It's annoying.

Shars

Those people that have posted swatches are MAC Senior Artists and not beauty bloggers. From what I've seen on social media so far, MAC has been giving their senior artists a lot more product earlier and they are the ones doing the sneak peaks and early swatches on social media. I know I've heard/read more than one blogger say that many times they have the product but cannot release info or swatches until they get the release from the PR of the company.

Miss Dynamite

Those people that have posted swatches are MAC Senior Artists and not beauty bloggers. From what I've seen on social media so far, MAC has been giving their senior artists a lot more product earlier and they are the ones doing the sneak peaks and early swatches on social media. I know I've heard/read more than one blogger say that many times they have the product but cannot release info or swatches until they get the release from the PR of the company.
I kinda figured it was due to Temptalia's hatred for MAC lately, since she used to post swatches sometimes up to a month before release.

Shars

I kinda figured it was due to Temptalia's hatred for MAC lately, since she used to post swatches sometimes up to a month before release.

I don't know about any beef she has with them lol but she has posted swatches of MAC product (Caitlin Jenner and Retro Matte Liquid Lip) today and this weekend so who knows? MAC did post a whole set of product swatches on their Instagram Instastory thing and some videos where the actual artists behind this collaboration talked through the products and what not but unfortunately since Instastory videos only last 24hrs the ones I saw are now long gone.