MAC Makeup Masters 2017

lyseD

Temptalia has a swatch on her board of a shadow called Love On The Run. Can anyone tell me which collection it's from?

Thank you.

Found it!

Honi

Finally got a chance to take pictures!
Out of all the four shadows one felt a bit powdery and dry (The pinky-peachy one). The rest I quite enjoyed, the golden one is great as a topper for bronze eyeshadow looks.

Attachments

• mac makeup art cosmetics kabuki magic dazzleshadow shining hour.png
    mac makeup art cosmetics kabuki magic dazzleshadow shining hour.png
    690.7 KB · Views: 121

lilinah

I still want to get a gloss but it is not up yet. I took the orangey eyegloss off my list for now. I was planning to use it on the lips but I don't know now. If it is really coming to stores next week that will give me a bit of time to think it over.
According to the MAC website, it's for lips...

lilinah

I actually like a lot - too much - from this triple collection. Here's my list, but i will have to cut back a whole lot...

I am shocked that i like ALL Kabuki Magic's Retro Mattes, but especially Flamingo Road and This Modern Age.
I'm a glitter gal, so i like Kabuki's Shining Hour Dazzleshadow quad.

From James Kaliardos, i like 2 lipsticks, Almondine and Jasper.
And maybe the Into the Well shadow/liner in Galena

But nothing is grabbing me from the Diane Kendal section.

I guess that's not so bad - 6 things...

Edit to Add: I got Black Grape Pressed Pigment long ago when it was first released and i think it's gorgeous.

Last edited:

PrettyTwisted

Thanks patentg33k and icedcarmellatte for the brush pics!

The 246 looks longer and fluffier than the one I got with Dark Desires, [MENTION=61184]Naynadine[/MENTION] I remember you were asking about it. I think this 246 looks much better than before, maybe MAC tweaked it.

mac_aiken

I got the cream shadow palette and the lighter face kit (sorry I don't recall the name) from the Diane Kendal part of the collection. I really like both. I may go back and pick up more but I don't know. These big collections used to excite me. Now they overwhelm me.

MakeupAddict22

I decided to put a CP Request in for one of the lipglasses. Mac site still says coming soon so hopefully someone will be able to help me out.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thanks patentg33k and icedcarmellatte for the brush pics!

The 246 looks longer and fluffier than the one I got with Dark Desires, @Naynadine I remember you were asking about it. I think this 246 looks much better than before, maybe MAC tweaked it.

I did, yes. :) Thanks, I will check this one out, I didn't even take a closer look at what brushes are in this collection. :confused:

aradhana

I ordered a few things and probably could easily have ordered much more but *trying* to be reasonable :p
Hopefully stuff will not sell out in case i want to make further purchases!
I ordered the orangey eye gloss, diane kendall cream eyeshadow palette, the black eye kohl, the detail brush, and jasper lipstick. Kind of excited
And i agree with whoever posted that they are excited for the perfume samples...me too!!!

Odelia

So i ended up caving and getting the 178 :rolleyes:
It feels soft and the tip is fluffy but not overly so as it keeps a thin shape which is what I wanted (shall see if that remains the same after its first wash!).

20170123_142155_zpslsiaw3d8.jpg 20170123_142648_zpsjubpnb7d.jpg

Icecaramellatte

I used some of the collection products today. The Kabuki Magic The Best of Everything quad was an impulse purchase. I used the light shade all over. I couldn't see a thing. Probably too closed to my lid color. I put the darker brown shade in the crease and the darkest color in the outer v. Is it black or a really dark gray? I don't know but I liked it. I put Kabuki Magic Dazzle quad Humoresque (blue/brown) shade on lid. It has been so long since I used these dazzle shadows, I forgot how to use them. I should have have dabbed it over another color. I forgot about that. It looked a bit sheer on its own but it was probably just as well. I didn't want to be too flashy today. Tried the black Kajal today on the upper lash line.

I'm thinking now I should have used the either one of the paints or the cream shadow quad underneath the dazzle shadow. Oh well, next time. I really liked the look though.

Also tried out the darker face compact. Loved the cream blush color. I don't know that the cream bronze shade was showing up so well on me. I had already put on bronzer before and had forgotten about the powder color and that the cream color was a dark bronze too so I couldn't figure out how to work those in after the fact.

Oh and I've been using the 218 for a few days now. It is great for under the lash line powder application and inner corner highlight. If funds allow, I think I will get another one. I have a really hard time getting into the inner corner to apply concealer and this might be a good brush for that. It is a little different from the Wayne Goss pencil brush #05. The 218 is a little longer and more tapered and a bit more flexible and softer and not as thick as the Wayne Goss. Now I have a 219 somewhere around here. I think that is the mac pencil brush number. It isn't a full size one though so I don't know if it would be worth comparing to the 219.

A few instagram pics... I wonder if I need Black Grape....

View attachment 58257 View attachment 58258
Thanks for posting my pic! I should have posted it here. I got bogged down in stuff. I got quite a few packages last week.
I got the cream shadow palette and the lighter face kit (sorry I don't recall the name) from the Diane Kendal part of the collection. I really like both. I may go back and pick up more but I don't know. These big collections used to excite me. Now they overwhelm me.
I bought quite a bit but I'm still overwhelmed too. I think I want a few more things. The good news is, stuff has been sticking around lately. Most likely you have time.
I found it by typing the word "Kendal" into search and then I got a banner that gave me a "shop now" link to all three collections. Link: Make-Up Art Cosmetics Collection Page | MAC Cosmetics - Official Site You must be signed in too.

The only things I'm tempted by are the pressed pigments and maybe the concealer palette. Maybe the Quik Trick Sticks, but I feel like I have enough Nars Multiples. So I don't think any of those is a good investment for me. I'm letting this collection go.

Guerlain has some liners that have a similar, non-sharpening format. The key is to use them by tilting them slightly and using the side of the point, rather than the point directly. Here's a picture (not mine) of how to angle them. Like this, they last forever and the point stays:
View attachment 58236
but if you don't want to use them this way, skip for sure. There are plenty of other liners out there that can be sharpened.
Thanks for posting this. I tried this method for applying the Kajal today and it worked well. I'm not sure how it would work if I wanted to do a wing though. I was quite happy with my eyeliner today.

Trigger

The tri color lip glasses are now up for sale. Does anyone have one to show. I'm wondering if it's a waste of money. Please ladies help me

tchristi

My store released this collection last wk. At first i was going to skip this collection but I want couple items now.

leonah

Finally got a chance to take pictures!
Out of all the four shadows one felt a bit powdery and dry (The pinky-peachy one). The rest I quite enjoyed, the golden one is great as a topper for bronze eyeshadow looks.

is this collection going to be available everywhere here? :)

Latest posts