Mac - Maleficent (May 15, 2014)

NaomiH

Yay got shipping notice. I got sculpt. I don't have it already and I'd have to buy the palette for the pan so figured I'd pay for the individual packaging.
cheerleader.gif

Gaiya

How lasting are the pictures/logos on the packaging (direct containers, not the boxes)? I was all happy visioning the maleficent products in my makeup bag using them frequently... and then I realized I would cry if the packaging rubs off and it doesn't look perfect anymore.:(

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the collection ends up in cosmetic discount places at outlet malls. I would get the quad and lip liner if they do hit the discount stores.

Shipping:
Okay, so I got the shipping notice but it's not trackable yet. Should I expect the makeup tomorrow or Saturday? I think when UPS receives late, they don't count that day but I'm not sure. Come to mama babies!

Spectacular

When this collection was first announced I was pretty excited and when the color story and pics came out I was also pretty disappointed. I had the lipstick in the 'maybe' category, but I have to admit the teensy swatches I've been have been a little disappointing. It seems like a bright cherry red where i was expecting something deeper.

I also think this collection isn't quite hyped about. I can't speak on how many quantities MAC has made for stocky but I've def. noticed a lot of hype online, I think most people are just generally not impressed. Neutral eyeshadow palette + red lipstick def. doesn't get a lot of folks excited unless there's a major Disney-lovers draw (which there doesn't seem to be, this time).

As for Jolie picking the colors...hmmmm
huh2.gif
Eh, I feel like there's a lot of ways to approach a collection. You can go for a literal translation of shades worn during whatever medium you're basing it on, or you can have your colors reflect different aspects of the medium. I know people say a lot about greens and purples, but the one scene from the movie previews that always caught my eye was when Sleeping Beauty is in the forest and you see these gorgeous sparkly blue mermaid fairies flitting around. I'm down with Jolie having her say since she's the star, I just can also see why other people are a bit like, "That's it?" There's a lot of different visuals people get from this movie that don't leap off the page with the actual offerings.

Can't wait to see swatches of the lipsticks though! Maybe things will turn around and I'll order one.

User38

it depends on the method used for engraving or marking the product. i.e. Dame Edna, an old collex was a disaster. The little glasses kept coming unglued.

more recent collections have better packaging.. but that doesn't mean the label, name, or engraving will not come off or wear off.

good luck.

NaomiH

How lasting are the pictures/logos on the packaging (direct containers, not the boxes)? I was all happy visioning the maleficent products in my makeup bag using them frequently... and then I realized I would cry if the packaging rubs off and it doesn't look perfect anymore.:(

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the collection ends up in cosmetic discount places at outlet malls. I would get the quad and lip liner if they do hit the discount stores.

Shipping:
Okay, so I got the shipping notice but it's not trackable yet. Should I expect the makeup tomorrow or Saturday? I think when UPS receives late, they don't count that day but I'm not sure. Come to mama babies!
It usually takes about 24 hours or so to update from my experience. Whenever I get stuff from MAC, I usually have it in my hands within 48 hours of shipping with regular ol' standard shipping.

MandyVanHook

How lasting are the pictures/logos on the packaging (direct containers, not the boxes)? I was all happy visioning the maleficent products in my makeup bag using them frequently... and then I realized I would cry if the packaging rubs off and it doesn't look perfect anymore.:( I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the collection ends up in cosmetic discount places at outlet malls. I would get the quad and lip liner if they do hit the discount stores.   Shipping: Okay, so I got the shipping notice but it's not trackable yet. Should I expect the makeup tomorrow or Saturday? I think when UPS receives late, they don't count that day but I'm not sure. Come to mama babies!
With Playland, my shipping wasn't trackable until really late and I still got it the next day. I think you will get your order tomorrow!

SamC

I ordered @ approx 8:30am & my package will be here by 5pm tomorrow according to my fedex tracking number :D This will be the first red lipstick I've had in a long time so I'm excited about it :) To be honest I usually do the bulk of my MAC shopping from my bed or couch because the shipping is so fast lol

honey b

Nothing is sold out and the day's over. Womp, womp, womp. Does that mean this collection is a FLOP?
I think so. Everything is still available on the Canadian website. Insert the Price is Right loser music here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A . Maybe Mac will start going for quality collections(without repackaging permanent items and expecting to charge more for the them) over quantity.

elegant-one

it depends on the method used for engraving or marking the product. i.e. Dame Edna, an old collex was a disaster. The little glasses kept coming unglued.

more recent collections have better packaging.. but that doesn't mean the label, name, or engraving will not come off or wear off.

good luck.
OMG that was so awful with the stickers
ohboy.gif
None of the stickers came off of mine but...

Geeze, if I wanted something with stickers on it, I'll get it out of a gumball machine