Mac - Maleficent (May 15, 2014)

jchait

The thing about me when it comes to a color reference is that my color is either one of three ways: tan, sunburnt, or pasty pale. Therefore, I have had to change the color of my foundation several times. Oh, and then there was that one time someone told me I was a warm (I am most definitely a cool!). So with this in mind, it is always hard for me to figure out how best to choose and buy face products because my color is always changing. I WANT the sculpt powder from this collection, but I don't know if it would be good on me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

MandyVanHook

The thing about me when it comes to a color reference is that my color is either one of three ways: tan, sunburnt, or pasty pale. Therefore, I have had to change the color of my foundation several times. Oh, and then there was that one time someone told me I was a warm (I am most definitely a cool!). So with this in mind, it is always hard for me to figure out how best to choose and buy face products because my color is always changing. I WANT the sculpt powder from this collection, but I don't know if it would be good on me. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I would say I'm a neutral. I've been matched to both NC and NW at Mac. In Nars Sheer Glow, I mix Mont Blanc (pink undertones) with Gobi (yellow undertones). I haven't tried the Mac Sculpting Powder before. I thought it might be nice to layer over my Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow. The Sculpting Powder is one of the few things I am interested in within this collection, but I'm still on the fence about it.

erine1881

If you're fair (NC/NW 20-25 range), it'll work on you.

Honi

Just a little heads up, Anthurium is quite prone to bleeding and you would probably need either a transparent or colored lipliner underneath to make it look good.

NaomiH

Just a little heads up, Anthurium is quite prone to bleeding and you would probably need either a transparent or colored lipliner underneath to make it look good.
Thanks for the tip Honi! It looks lovely on you.

MACina

Anthurium PLWG and Flaming Rose Nail Lacquer

Gorgeous, Honi
eyelove.gif

Gaiya

Whoohoo looks great on you Honi! :)

So... I'm going to try for the 5/8 online release. Is the official mac time Eastern Time Zone? The website seemed to suggest their online division (if different from headquarters) is in NY. Any advice on best time to be waiting? Friend said either around midnight or random time in the day is when mac normally releases...

Lipstickwh0re

I think I might actually skip as well. I really love the packaging but other than that I don't think I can justify it based on that. Well see what happens.

SamC

I'm just getting the sculpt from this collection even though I'm tempted to grab a few other things. I really want to splurge on AA :)

Latest posts