Mac - Maleficent (May 15, 2014)

honey on boost

Everyone always tells me different things & I'm always trying different methods because people are always telling me how tired I look. I have very dark under eyes and a bit of a stained lid because I'm quite fair. I've been using an orangey corrector with my correct shade of concealer on top (or I just put my full coverage foundation over top of the corrector shade) & set it with MSF natural or a setting powder. It works pretty well for me. A lot better than when I was using the prep and prime pen under my eyes because I always ended up with highlighted circles lol
I think everyone has their own technique. I personally would never go dark under my eyes. I used a pink corrector and my color on top or a shade lighter than mine with a pink undertone.

SamC

I think everyone has their own technique. I personally would never go dark under my eyes. I used a pink corrector and my color on top or a shade lighter than mine with a pink undertone.
I could try using a pink corrector, I have one of those little corrector palettes so I could always see how it looks. I tried using radiant rose prep and prime so maybe I didn't like it because it was very bright with no real coverage? I'm an nc 15 but I have redness in my face and blue/purple translucent looking under eyes. My eyelids are not stained dark like some people but it does always look like I have eyeshadow on even when I don't lol

pinkswoon

I could try using a pink corrector, I have one of those little corrector palettes so I could always see how it looks. I tried using radiant rose prep and prime so maybe I didn't like it because it was very bright with no real coverage? I'm an nc 15 but I have redness in my face and blue/purple translucent looking under eyes. My eyelids are not stained dark like some people but it does always look like I have eyeshadow on even when I don't lol
I am nc 15 and have undereye circles one of my favorite products is benefits fakeup used with a bareminerals concealer powder in well rested the powder is simply amazing for correcting and setting. Hope that helps! I have tried products like pp pen and touche eclait they only hilight my dark circles so i use that for actual hilighting :)

SamC

I am nc 15 and have undereye circles one of my favorite products is benefits fakeup used with a bareminerals concealer powder in well rested the powder is simply amazing for correcting and setting. Hope that helps! I have tried products like pp pen and touche eclait they only hilight my dark circles so i use that for actual hilighting :)
Thank you :) I actually have fakeup & I used to use well rested but I haven't been using it for years. I'll take a look at them in combination :) how long does fakeup last on your skin? It seems to disappear into mine lol

cr8zy4MAC

Everyone always tells me different things & I'm always trying different methods because people are always telling me how tired I look. I have very dark under eyes and a bit of a stained lid because I'm quite fair. I've been using an orangey corrector with my correct shade of concealer on top (or I just put my full coverage foundation over top of the corrector shade) & set it with MSF natural or a setting powder. It works pretty well for me. A lot better than when I was using the prep and prime pen under my eyes because I always ended up with highlighted circles lol
It can be very difficult to find just the right combination for darkness under the eyes. If you go too light of a concealer, the concealed area takes on a grayish-blue tinge. More of an orange/peach tone can really help to brighten that area. The devil is in the details of finding just that right combo! The Amazing Cosmetics company carries concealers in their line. They are called Amazing Concealer. They have 20 shades available. They are really pigmented, but nice and moist. A little dab will do 'ya! The key is to make that under eye are match the rest of your face. It sounds simple, but it can be a lot of work initially to find what works for you. And if you're older with more wrinkles/crepiness under the eyes, then you also have the battle of everything settling in the lines. Then you find yourself in a situation of fixing one problem, but creating a worse one! You kind of have to be realistic and piick your battle. If anyone out there is having this issue, I have found that Lancome's Maquiomplet concealer can really be a lovely choice, as long as one of their colors work for you. It can give you that well-rest, I've-taken-a-nap look. :) That is aces in my book!

pinkswoon

Thank you :) I actually have fakeup & I used to use well rested but I haven't been using it for years. I'll take a look at them in combination :) how long does fakeup last on your skin? It seems to disappear into mine lol
I have dry skin so it lasts all day on me I wear it with my foundation currently using clinique perfectly real or I use my dinair airbrush most days. :)

SamC

I have dry skin so it lasts all day on me I wear it with my foundation currently using clinique perfectly real or I use my dinair airbrush most days. :)
That's so weird I have dry under eyes and I can't seem to get it to stay in place lol

pinkswoon

I'm 24 but my under eye area is quite dry. I was looking into the Bobbi brown correctors but I didn't purchase it yet because it's $44 dollars & I wanted time to research more lol I'll have to check out the amazing cosmetics line as I've heard of it but never seen it before :p & I'll also be checking out the Lancôme because I get a discount on it lol thank you :) (Apparently I haven't looked well rested in years because people are always like are you tired? Are you feeling okay?and I'm always like :( :( I'm just fair with dark circles :( lol)
If you are having trouble with benefit not lasting try bobbi brown correctors I have those too and they work great def longer lasting!

IAmakeupaddict

(Apparently I haven't looked well rested in years because people are always like are you tired? Are you feeling okay?and I'm always like
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
I'm just fair with dark circles
ssad.gif
lol)
I have the Amazing Cosmetics concealer. It has amazing coverage, but it does dry out my under eyes a little (I also have dry under eyes).

I like the BB Corrector, but I've recently tried the NYX Corrector and... lo and behold... it works great for me! You do need to set it or it will crease. I apply that, then a touch of the Maybelline Age Rewind Undereye Concealer (because the corrector is quite salmon), then set it with the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage.

I really like the combo.

SamC

I have the Amazing Cosmetics concealer.  It has amazing coverage, but it does dry out my under eyes a little (I also have dry under eyes). I like the BB Corrector, but I've recently tried the NYX Corrector and... lo and behold... it works great for me! You do need to set it or it will crease.  I apply that, then a touch of the Maybelline Age Rewind Undereye Concealer (because the corrector is quite salmon), then set it with the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage. I really like the combo.
If you are having trouble with benefit not lasting try bobbi brown correctors I have those too and they work great def longer lasting!
Awesome tips thank you :D I'll def be trying to Bobbi brown one now lol & I'm going to look into the LM secret camouflage & also the BM well rested! I tend to not shop at Sephora because I get a discount somewhere else but I don't carry either of those brands so I'll have to make the jump :p

cr8zy4MAC

Awesome tips thank you :D I'll def be trying to Bobbi brown one now lol & I'm going to look into the LM secret camouflage & also the BM well rested! I tend to not shop at Sephora because I get a discount somewhere else but I don't carry either of those brands so I'll have to make the jump :p
The LM Secret Camouflage is a good one too. It's nice and creamy. They have added some new colors, which is awesome. NARS also has some nice concealers (the ones in the lipgloss looking tubes). The BM Well Rested might work, but then again, putting a lot of powder under dry eyes might not be your best option. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Give yourself a nice chunk of time to really find the product that works best for you. Your under eyes will tell you which one is right for you. Best wishes in your quest. :)

SamC

The LM Secret Camouflage is a good one too. It's nice and creamy. They have added some new colors, which is awesome. NARS also has some nice concealers (the ones in the lipgloss looking tubes). The BM Well Rested might work, but then again, putting a lot of powder under dry eyes might not be your best option. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Give yourself a nice chunk of time to really find the product that works best for you. Your under eyes will tell you which one is right for you. Best wishes in your quest. :)
Thank you I really appreciate your input :D

Monsy

(Apparently I haven't looked well rested in years because people are always like are you tired? Are you feeling okay?and I'm always like
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
lol)
try mac prolongwear

i have very dry eye area and this one covers like crazy, does not settle in lines and does not dry me out even more

if you are looking at lancome maquicomplet is amazing - lightweight, really good coverage, moisturizing and does really good job in brightening eye area.

and also consider getting different eye cream that will give you more moisture

MandyVanHook

ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
lol)
I really enjoy the Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer and Treatment.

rocksteadybaby

I'm so disappointed with the collection right now all I really want is just the lipstick and maybe the lipglass .I was expecting much more from Mac
blah.gif

Jadebluete

I'm so disappointed with the collection right now all I really want is just the lipstick and maybe the lipglass .I was expecting much more from Mac
blah.gif
I totally agree and I'm about to skip this collection, which is a kind of wonder, because normally I love special packagings and of course I love Disney! My expectation has been so high and it was just disappointing when I saw the real promo pics. Even the red lipstick can't take my breath - another wonder
blink.gif

Goat Goat Etc.

Won't be buying. Any look from this collection is easily recreated with what you have in your drug store. Now Venomous Villains was E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!

Latest posts