MAC & Marcel Wanders - Luxe Couture Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Since they are supposed to be "high end" MAC, they are made with "better" quality ingrediants, spend more on packaging, and yeah i think its all a marketing scam and an excuse to slap "couture" on it and make us pay more! Sorry for all the quotes, i just think these collections are such BS! I have some of the lipglosses from some past collections and there is nothing psecial nor different about them compared to a regular lipglass!

While these collections have always been very pretty and i love the packaging, i don't think they ever live up to the hype. If MAC was smart, they would put all the past LE items we are dying for (Lightscapade MSF, Queen's Sin lipstick, etc.) in the special, expensive packaging and then that would be an even clever marketing ploy to bring us and make us spend more.

Opppssss ssshhhh let's not give them any ideas of raising costs!

Please don't say that!
th_roll1.gif

LMD84

yes that would be a fabulous idea! having popular LE items coming back and not having a couture collection
smiles.gif

MzzRach

I have not been too impressed by the past couture collections. "Regular" MAC items suit me just fine.

Pass.

HOTasFCUK

Remember that collection they did a few years ago after Christmas of all the past LE items? I think the only hyped item was Parrot and many people went nuts to get it. That collection could've been amazing if they just did a simple poll of what the fans want. It just bombed istead. The took regular perm items like Frou lipstick and made Noveau Frou.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I have not been too impressed by the past couture collections. "Regular" MAC items suit me just fine.

Pass.

yeah we'll stick to the common stuff right?!
tong.gif
lol!

GlamQueen21

I hope this collection does something different besides doing the lipsticks, lipglasses and mystery powders like Baroque Boudior. I skipped it last year since it wasn't worth the money to spend since I was more into Warm & Cozy and Love Lace collections. This might be a skip unless swatches changes my mind.

liba

OOOHHH....I just had an idea
omg.gif
th_thdeadea.gif

More Magically Cool powder in a fancy box. It's already freakkin' expensive - might as well glam it up some more!
drinkup.gif

Rinstar

I skipped BB last year too. It just seemed like pointless extra money.
Hopefully this will have amazing products I can't turn down!!!

sosdrielle

Baroque Boudoir didn't make it to my counter last year, so I doubt this will, and we can't order online in Ireland, so I'm hoping the products won't interest me in the slightest!

miss_dre

Unless the packaging is absolutely amazing and the products seem worth it, I'm pretty sure I'll be passing on this. The only product I got last year from the BB collection was the lipgloss in Preciousness. Mostly because of the name haha! Admittedly, it is a super cute color, but it's so sheer you can only reap its benefits when you layer it on top of something else...
I hope Luxe Couture won't be disappointing
th_dunno.gif

shadowaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
I actually always look forward to this collection every year! The hubby gets me 1 or 2 items from it for my birthday and they become special to me for that and other reasons.
heart.gif

I really liked BB last year (LOVE my compact especially) and I look forward to more info and pics here!

Yeh, I'm always excited to what these collections look like. I LOVED last year's BB. I had to get that compact and the Prive l/s. I had to track that l/s down at another MAC store because I waited and it was sold out everywhere. So not only did I pay a higher price for it I paid $7 shipping. So it was right at $30. I loved the color and the packaging or I wouldn't have paid that much. But when you get something sent from a f/s you pay $7 shipping no matter how many items you are buying. So it sucks when you're only buying one item.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
I hope this collection does something different besides doing the lipsticks, lipglasses and mystery powders like Baroque Boudior. I skipped it last year since it wasn't worth the money to spend since I was more into Warm & Cozy and Love Lace collections. This might be a skip unless swatches changes my mind.

This is what every couture collection has contained so far: lipsticks, lipglasses and mystery powders
th_dunno.gif
I am sure they will do it again this year.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
This is what every couture collection has contained so far: lipsticks, lipglasses and mystery powders
th_dunno.gif
I am sure they will do it again this year.

And maybe a bag (usually not worth the price tag) and/or brush too!
smiles.gif

These collections usually are not my cup of tea. I am pretty sure this is a skip for me.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
And maybe a bag (usually not worth the price tag) and/or brush too!
smiles.gif

These collections usually are not my cup of tea. I am pretty sure this is a skip for me.

aw man the bag last year was not to my taste at all! it looked like a bin liner!

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
aw man the bag last year was not to my taste at all! it looked like a bin liner!

It really did! The first years bag looked like a giant rectangular black lego block.
yucky.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
It really did! The first years bag looked like a giant rectangular black lego block.
yucky.gif

lol! monogram wasn't that great either.... horrid colours with that cheap m on it i believe!

tamarindi

This collection is a skip for me, I'll probably spend way too much money on Tartan tale, Stylishly yours and Cham Pale to even be able to afford to just look at this collection let alone buy anything from it. Maybe if it was more isolated and farther away from other collections I would be more tempted....

xKiKix

Oh boy anytime I hear couture associated with Mac I immediately think of those mystery powder compacts... Definitely skipping this collection.

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarindi
This collection is a skip for me, I'll probably spend way too much money on Tartan tale, Stylishly yours and Cham Pale to even be able to afford to just look at this collection let alone buy anything from it. Maybe if it was more isolated and farther away from other collections I would be more tempted....

in all honesty it's not *that* much more expensive, a few dollars more per item but there really is no difference in quality. the lipglasses are the same size as dazzleglasses and more expensive, but they're really nothing special.

i wonder why they keep making this collection, from everyone's reactions on here and on various beauty blogs, it seems like a continual flop
th_dunno.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
in all honesty it's not *that* much more expensive, a few dollars more per item but there really is no difference in quality. the lipglasses are the same size as dazzleglasses and more expensive, but they're really nothing special.

i wonder why they keep making this collection, from everyone's reactions on here and on various beauty blogs, it seems like a continual flop
th_dunno.gif

i'm sure last year the lippies were about £16.50 or something stupid!