MAC Metal X 2011 Discussion

Mac-Guy

Venetian Tarnish
heart2.gif

Ernie

I was also disappointed because from the other new collection, the only pigment left was circa plum. I definitely don't want that. I wanted to play with nebula. Oh and I played with the quad. My opinion on that? There isn't a word to properly express how bad I think it is when swatched. Woof! Ok maybe that's the word.

You went to the NY pro store? I was there Thursday and they had everything except one of the DG polishes. For me the quad swatched pretty well. They said for some reason the most popular colors they get very limited stock and get more of the less popular colors. Weird.

shontay07108

You went to the NY pro store? I was there Thursday and they had everything except one of the DG polishes. For me the quad swatched pretty well. They said for some reason the most popular colors they get very limited stock and get more of the less popular colors. Weird.
Yup I went to the one in New York. I tried swatching that quad twice and it was a disaster. I'm going to stalk the site for Vintage Coin. That color is gorgeous.

Rinstar

Venetian Tarnish is definitely coming home to me. That's the kind of color I wear daily. Gorgeous!!

Pinkdollface

So i've worn Vintage Coin friday and yesterday and i'm wearing it again today. Friday it stayed on nice for 8 hours and then it creased a tiny bit, but you really could only see it when i stretched my lids completely. By hour 11 the creasing was too bad and i needed to take it off. Yesterday i tried Mac-guys methode and put on two thinner layers and it wore better. I took it off after 8 hours, but there was no creasing, not even a tiny bit. Today i have on one thin layer. Everytime i used TFSI and Winterized to set it.

Mac-Guy

So i've worn Vintage Coin friday and yesterday and i'm wearing it again today. Friday it stayed on nice for 8 hours and then it creased a tiny bit, but you really could only see it when i stretched my lids completely. By hour 11 the creasing was too bad and i needed to take it off. Yesterday i tried Mac-guys methode and put on two thinner layers and it wore better. I took it off after 8 hours, but there was no creasing, not even a tiny bit. Today i have on one thin layer. Everytime i used TFSI and Winterized to set it.

Hooray! I'm glad it worked out for you.

QueenOfSnark

You can also use them as a cheek highlighter and/or on the lips, which should help with hitting pan sooner rather than later. Enjoy!
Thanks for the suggestion hon, but I doubt the color I want (Gold Carbon) would be appropo on my lips and cheeks.
sweatdrop.gif
LOL!

liba

Thanks for the suggestion hon, but I doubt the color I want (Gold Carbon) would be appropo on my lips and cheeks.
sweatdrop.gif
LOL!
Hey I was thinking about that one sheered out under some gloss for my lips - reminded me of Fancy Cat lipglass, which I really love and am running out of!

PixieDancer

Ordered from DG but skipped these all together, for now. Not sure that I need anything from Metal X if I have so many PP's, and I would use these with the same purpose as PP's and MUFE AC's. I'll wait to see more swatches but won't be disappointed if I don't end up with any of these. Shelf life is so short & nothing too un-dupable.

PixieDancer

This is the exact reason why I avoid MAC PRO Stores unless I specifically want to check out a PRO-only item. Much better stock (or at least it lasts longer) at regular MAC counters / freestandings. Would love to know what you think of these???

I was also disappointed because from the other new collection, the only pigment left was circa plum. I definitely don't want that. I wanted to play with nebula. Oh and I played with the quad. My opinion on that? There isn't a word to properly express how bad I think it is when swatched. Woof! Ok maybe that's the word.

shontay07108

This is the exact reason why I avoid MAC PRO Stores unless I specifically want to check out a PRO-only item.  Much better stock (or at least it lasts longer) at regular MAC counters / freestandings.  Would love to know what you think of these???  
In all my trips to pro, 99.9% of the time they have what I want. It's weird that Vintage Coin was gone so soon. I went the day after they put it out. It's crazy that they got such limited stock. I have yet to wear Gold Carbon. I might give it a go tomorrow. Playing around with it, it's very easy to blend and really pigmented. I'm wondering if I should wear it with a primer or not. As a matter of fact, I'll try it now since I'm doing nada. I'll wear it a couple of hours and report back.

martiangurll

I ordered Cyber because I am on a silver kick but not getting any more no matter how gorgeous the swatches are until I know if they LAST. Those creamy metal shadows before were so craptacular I am not taking any more chances...

I am having a silent squee because I think the silver metal x shadow will combo well with the silver lippy from Daphne G