MAC Metal X 2011 Discussion

GlamQueen21

I do want to wait for the reviews on this collection and hopefully that this won't disappoint me this time. The color descriptions sounds gorgeous!

liba

The colors in this collection interest me, but weren't the Big Bounce cream shadows awful? I'm going to wait for reviews on these.
I loved those Big Bounces - On me they were long lasting and covered a myriad of sins while still being perfectly sheer and glistening, but the colors were unforgiving - either they worked on you or they were only good as a base (they were great for a sheer base under other sheer pigments and shadows). Application took some getting used to, too. They were very controversial and I'm definitely in the minority of people who loved 'em.

I get the feeling the new formula MetalXs won't be as flattering on older eyes as the BBs and won't be as long lasting, but I'm sure the creasing will have been reduced compared to the older version (which I didn't use, personally).

HOTasFCUK

I'm really anxious to see if the formula has improved on these new release ones. My others have cracks in them and are a pain to work with but i love my gilded ash so much its worth it! Can't wait to see pics/swatches of these! I think my cream shadow collection is creeping up over 30+ items now and i want more??!!

martiangurll

i'm sure the silver one has been released before because i recognise the name - if it is the one i am thinking of it looks like platinum pigment - very pretty! but i shall skip because i have the silver mufe aqua cream :)

I <3 Platinum pigment. I have to say cream e/s is not my favorite though. Maybe the consistency will be more like PP so less creasing...

pocketmouse

I dunno if you guys have already seen these but I found some looks using Fusion Gold and Venetian Tarnish metal x eyeshadows, as well as some other upcoming MAC products
smiles.gif

http://kristadior.kristardesign.com/tag/mac-immortal-flower-powder-blush/

Mac-Guy

me and cream ones don't usually either... darn my oily lids! :p

Lou, there are many ways how you can use the Metal X shades. Some of them work amazingly well as highlighters (cheeks, lips) - so don't restrict your imagination just to your lids. :)

LMD84

Lou, there are many ways how you can use the Metal X shades. Some of them work amazingly well as highlighters (cheeks, lips) - so don't restrict your imagination just to your lids. :)

oohhh now you are giving me ideas! :)

laylalovesmac

Some of these shades are truly amazing and versatile. I can't wait for Christmas :)
You are *not* helping my endeavors, love.... Honestly, I just don't use cream products enough to justify them.... I always seem to get persuaded by swatches though...
blush-anim-cl.gif

laylalovesmac

I will try to make them sound less interesting, lol.
rofl. That will *never* work! I know I've been MIA so I haven't really gotten to know you, but whenever you post and rave, I'm like "oooooh! shiny!" XD And I know you'll be downplaying them just for my benefit so it really won't work!
heart.gif

LMD84

You are *not* helping my endeavors, love.... Honestly, I just don't use cream products enough to justify them.... I always seem to get persuaded by swatches though...
blush-anim-cl.gif
ha ha! MAC Guy has a way of making everything sound fabulous and interesting!
tong.gif

Mac-Guy

ha ha! MAC Guy has a way of making everything sound fabulous and interesting!
tong.gif

Hehe, only a few selected product. I usually only buy a few products, but of those, I get lots of BU's.

And the products that did not swatch well or that are just not for me, oh well, I just ignore them. :)