MAC Middle Eastern Lipsticks Shade Extension Discussion (Fall 2012)

Deirdre

You do know it's on MAC's site now right?

ETA: Well, it's on the U.S site but I see you're not in the US. Have you checked your MAC site? They're mixed in with all the other lippies.
Thank you so much for telling me. I kept checking, and hadn't seen anything! Sneaky! Anyway, I don't know if they're limited or not, so I got two. Now I don't have to use my only tube of this so sparingly. :)

KMQE716

Well at least they knew what you were talking about! I saw them online so I went to my local MAC store (not a counter) and asked about them and 2 different MUA's told me that Mehr was Limited Edition and was not coming back. Guess I will wait a few days and try again! Seems I never get accurate info from the stores.
you really cannot!! one girl was like "i dont even know what that is" and i was like how don't you know what it is and it was a part of another collection???

but yeah they said they will be in stores tomorrow. MAC STORES. not counters. or at least my counters *sad face*

Audrey C

No one seems to know about this. I asked at the MAC store and the woman I spoke to didn't know about it. I was at a counter today and the SA insisted:

1) No such collection
2) It's only available in the Middle East (after I told her there definitely is and gave the name and the name of the lippies)
3) It's only in the US (after I said that it's on the website already)
3) It's online only (after I said the CANADIAN website)

I finally told her that it was fine to not know about a collection and perhaps it isn't coming to her counter, but there's no need to make something up. She annoyed me by arguing repeatedly that I was mistaken. Stupid woman.

Piarpreet

No one seems to know about this. I asked at the MAC store and the woman I spoke to didn't know about it. I was at a counter today and the SA insisted:

1) No such collection
2) It's only available in the Middle East (after I told her there definitely is and gave the name and the name of the lippies)

I finally told her that it was fine to not know about a collection and perhaps it isn't coming to her counter, but there's no need to make something up. She annoyed me by arguing repeatedly that I was mistaken. Stupid woman.
somebody doesnt deserve a job in this economy...honestly. I see so many people unemployed I feel terrible that people with jobs don't do them appropriately. Say the truth! as you said: "it is fine not to know"!

luvlydee

somebody doesnt deserve a job in this economy...honestly. I see so many people unemployed I feel terrible that people with jobs don't do them appropriately. Say the truth! as you said: "it is fine not to know"!
Tell me about it. Been unemployed for a year already

shontay07108

Oh, so it's only at Mac stores? OK. I wonder if they will have their own little display or will they be thrown in with all the other lipsticks.

Copperhead

I was thinking since they're an extension of the lipsticks shades, they'll probably be thrown in with the others. Kind of like how they are on the websites.

shontay07108

Yeah, probably. Bummer I have to go to the actual store and not a counter. I mean, it's all in the same mall, but I've avoided the actual store for months. When I go in it'll be all the small talk "where have you been" blah blah b/c they all know me. I would try to squeeze an invite for the Marilyn collection, but I'm skipping it.

Copperhead

Yeah, probably. Bummer I have to go to the actual store and not a counter. I mean, it's all in the same mall, but I've avoided the actual store for months. When I go in it'll be all the small talk "where have you been" blah blah b/c they all know me. I would try to squeeze an invite for the Marilyn collection, but I'm skipping it.
You should go in. Since they know you maybe you can ask for a sneak peek at some of the new stuff.
girlhaha.gif
It would be nice but they probably don't even have the Glamour Daze stuff in yet.

shontay07108

I doubt they have Glamour Daze, but I can ask about it. That happens to be the one Mac store near me where they actually know some things.

KMQE716

1) No such collection

wow at #2 !! smh yikes...

Audrey C

wow at #2 !! smh yikes...
Yeah, I couldn't believe it. This wasn't at some tiny suburban Bay store either; it was at the Eaton Centre in Toronto. It's not where I usually shop but I was nearby and thought I'd pop in on the off-chance they had Mehr.

She was smugly insistent that I was mistaken so she got my back up to begin with. Even telling her off didn't seem to phase her; I'm sure she was convinced I didn't know what I was talking about. After all that, she blithly asked if she could help me find anything else.

How I refrained from pointing out that she couldn't find her own ass in the dark is beyond me.
th_loser.gif

EekaBoo

I received Mehr today and was super disappointed :( It looks more brown than pink on me. I'm probably going to return it.

EekaBoo

aw no! do you think if you tried using a pinky lip liner it will bring out more of the pink?
I might try it with a liner to see if it helps, but I'm pretty sure I'm returning it. It looks like a slightly lighter version of Offshoot, and I barely use that.

shontay07108

I received Mehr today and was super disappointed :( It looks more brown than pink on me. I'm probably going to return it.
Try mufe rouge artist intense lipstick #4. It's a dusty pink version of Mehr. Went to Mac today and it was a bummer. They didn't have these lipsticks. They told me that the lipsticks would only be in the top 25 stores. Blah. I could've ordered them and had them in my hands by now. On the upside, I got an invite to the Marilyn event. Funny because I have no interest in this collection, but I will go. I will buy a couple of things since I don't want it to be a wasted trip.

aradhana

On the upside, I got an invite to the Marilyn even. Funny because I have no interest in this collection, but I will go. I will buy a couple of things since I don't want it to be a wasted trip.
i wish i knew what stores those will be....
i was hoping to back to mac for them, but maybe i should just bite the bullet and order them online. i'm thinking if mac doesn't think montreal's big enough for an event, it probably isn't one of the top 25 either.... ;)

Latest posts