MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow Duos - 2011 Discussion

BeckyBenett

Hi all, has anyone purchased the new Mineralize Eyeshadow Duos?

I saw this review http://www.temptalia.com/mac-mineralize-eyeshadow-duos-new-for-2011 and was wondering what my specktrettes thought..

MACina

I will definitely get a few of these.....the shades are really pretty and texture seems to be quite nice too.

I do not mind that the colors are similar to the ones from In the Groove which I do already have.

It is really great that the will be perm for a while because there is no hurry to get them!

sayah

I feel the need for the Mix & Switch, I'm all about coral and orange lately! Pretty & Prim also looks great, like maybe some girls with darker skin could use it as a blush. It reminds me of Amazon Princess from Wonder woman.

LMD84

thanks for starting this thread - i was going to start a thread on this today when i got home from work! I shall sort out a proper color story when i am at home :)

rockin

Temptalia has checked with MAC, who say the duos will be permanent everywhere for 12 months, then permanent only at stores.

ladyarwen

Skipping!
th_happy1.gif

BeckyBenett

think im gg to try prim&proper and thunder&rain.. like the look of these two and since ive nt tried mac mes before, guess this would be a gd time to try them.. in no rush though since its gg to be perm for awhile.. the comparison swatches on temptalia is crazy. http://www.temptalia.com/mac-mineralize-eyeshadow-duos-2011-vs-in-the-groove-mineralize-eyeshadow-trios

they are identical to "in the groove".. bt im a mac newbie so for me, its still fine.. i dont like them renaming the eyeshadows though.. its like they are trying to cheat us.. repromotes are fine..

bt im still looking forward to try them..

TeresitaMC

I can't believe how similar they are. To me they pretty much did re-use the exact colours. No problem with that here...Christine heard from MAC that after the 12 month period of being available everywhere, these will be perm but in the stores only.

I love Thunder & Rain, and I so wanted Togetherness from ITG. So while it's good that it's perm, I think I rather find powder shadows that are identical colours.

aero

Not sure how mineral e/s looks on me, but I am interested in a few of the colors. I gotta try them out next week :)

Ashleybubbles83

i will probably snag a few of these. i know they're very similar to the ones from in the groove, but i think what i like more about these is that with the in the groove shadows there was always that one color that, for me, i didn't really need, but it was always there and that random color is not in these new shadows.

cool calm collected - that creamish color was unnecessary for me, so i'm glad sage and wisdom are just a duo of the two main colors from CCC

togetherness - that pinky color would have never been touched by me but i'm glad thunder and rain are just the purple and gray...

know what i mean?

pemily

Guys, jump on the all glam website.... Notice the pikz from anywhere.... She stole temptalias.. I've noticed so many are a fan of hers on here :) it's just wrong!!!

rockin

Guys, jump on the all glam website.... Notice the pikz from anywhere.... She stole temptalias.. I've noticed so many are a fan of hers on here :) it's just wrong!!!
I left a message, but obviously they won't let it through their moderation. I've also left a message for Temptalia in case she wasn't already aware of it.

DILLIGAF

I can't say that I'm not tempted by atleast two of these duos but I know my track record with mineralized eyeshadows, so this may be a skip.

pemily

I left a msg for Christine too.... Like if your not willing to invest in your own site and purchase the e/s then why bother?

katred

Specktra Bestie

Well, I think that Christine was the only remaining blogger whose images AG hadn't stolen (which is ironic, because it seems like everybody steals Temptalia's images- I see her lips popping up everywhere when I'm searching for swatches).

I have to say, the last time I looked at AG, I almost fell off my chair laughing, because she watermarked the picture she has for the Chanel Byzance collection. It's the promo photo. The entire purpose of Chanel providing that photo is so that everyone can use it to spread the news...

LMD84

that site obviously doesn't discriminate on who it steals from. i've said it before and i'll say it again - such a shitty site!