MAC Mineralize Eyeshdow Quads (March 6, 2014)

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by MACina Maybe like the European Chanel Quads just in the form of a MAC Quad???

While MAC's prices keep going up, bear in mind that it is NOT a high end brand. It is in the middle. Chanel has a nice 5-color palette out right now for US$80.00.

I find some MAC items cost more than i'm willing to spend. But i'd have to be in one heck of a mood - or the product would have to be absolutely amazing - for me to drop $80 on a small e/s palette.

MACina

While MAC's prices keep going up, bear in mind that it is NOT a high end brand. It is in the middle. Chanel has a nice 5-color palette out right now for US$80.00.

I find some MAC items cost more than i'm willing to spend. But i'd have to be in one heck of a mood - or the product would have to be absolutely amazing - for me to drop $80 on a small e/s palette.
I know and I did only apply to the look.Here in Europe the Chanel Quads include baked eyeshadows and so I wondered whether the MAC Quads might
look similar
smiles.gif

patentg33k

Interesting --thank you for finding that!

This reminds me of the Biguine baked eyeshadow palettes sold in France (see http://www.shakespeareandstilettos.com/2010/10/confessions-of-naughty-makeup-holic.html). They are pretty messy. I wonder if MAC's will be similar. I hope not, the Biguine's are not very expensive (they're sold in the Monoprix, which is sort of like Target)

Audrey C

I agree, but it's not hard to find MAC quality for less. I'm really enjoying my new Inglot palettes and the cost per shadow is just over half of MAC's for double the quantity. I'm with you though - I couldn't bring myself to spend $80 on a small palette. Really though, it's no more than 5 individual MAC shades.

I'm with you on the MES, Martiangurll; I don't like the lack of pigmentation or having to use them wet. I only have one for that reason. I don't like the packaging for the new quads, but I'm a bit (read: a lot) anal about having packaging that looks the same.

BuickMackane

Really very "Chanel-esque"!

And only 0,5g per eyeshadow too....
Indeed. If the quality is also Chanel-esque our bank accounts will be happy.

I tried wearing my Vanites quad last week, only to remember why I loathe it so much. It's pure, unadulterated crap in the guise of high end makeup.

MACina

Indeed. If the quality is also Chanel-esque our bank accounts will be happy.

I tried wearing my Vanites quad last week, only to remember why I loathe it so much. It's pure, unadulterated crap in the guise of high end makeup.
iagree.gif

"Tried to wear" is very well said because it is impossible to "wear" it
lol.gif

MRV

Just wondering why they put out the swirl MES if these are coming out, too. I don't have high hopes though - I don't have Chanel but I do have the MUFE Boheme Palette, and it's below any MAC MES.

martiangurll

Medley of mauves looks delish but I still think its a skip. Unless the color payoff has improved dramatically of course.

LavenderPearl

The color combos are right up my alley. Just have to keep reminding myself that I've never found a baked shadow that I liked.

Audrey C

I don't do MES, but the colours in a Glimmer of Gold are beautiful. Since I buy the same shades over and over, I'm sure I have dupes in my stash. LOL

Latest posts