MAC Mineralize Eyeshdow Quads (March 6, 2014)

EOTD-Fanny

This will be a skip fo me too.
Almost all swatches I´ve seen look terrible!
ohboy.gif

SassClassBeauty

This will be a skip fo me too.
Almost all swatches I´ve seen look terrible!
ohboy.gif
Agreed! I will still go play with them in store, but the only one that I've seen get a decent review was Glimmer of Gold and I just feel like that quad has been done and redone so many times. I probably have 3-5 that I could create or that I already have that would be comparable.

Does anyone else feel like MAC has been lacking in originality and uniqueness lately or is just me?

NaomiH

Agreed! I will still go play with them in store, but the only one that I've seen get a decent review was Glimmer of Gold and I just feel like that quad has been done and redone so many times. I probably have 3-5 that I could create or that I already have that would be comparable.

Does anyone else feel like MAC has been lacking in originality and uniqueness lately or is just me?
I feel like they are on some kinda red, fuchsia, purple kick at the moment. I love me some purples, but I'd really love MAC to bust out with a collection along the lines of PC but with some really funky colours like blues, greys and maybe even a green. Something that no one would really expect from them.

lilinah

Well, i think many of the quads look nice in their Chanel-like packaging, which many drugstore brands copied - Chanel just changed their packaging 6 months ago - compact remains mostly the same, but now faceted squares of eye shadow.

I like the gold & green ones best. However, i'm on a low buy this year, i have too much makeup, and none of these is really special enough to make my must-buy list.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Well, i think many of the quads look nice in their Chanel-like packaging, which many drugstore brands copied - Chanel just changed their packaging 6 months ago - compact remains mostly the same, but now faceted squares of eye shadow.

I like the green one best. However, i'm on a low buy this year, i have too much makeup, and none of these is really special enough to make my must-buy list.
Really? I thought the square shape had always been the US version and we have the round one in Europe since those are baked.
001_unsure.gif

EOTD-Fanny

Sadly, yes.

Icecaramellatte

I finally saw these in store yesterday. I just did hand swatches but I liked them a lot better than online swatches. I like the green, gold and purple one. I couldn't decide on one and the SA weighed in and said the green. I agreed and they had sold out! I ended up just getting it at another store. I will try it this week and if it works well, I will get the others. Well, if the green was sold out. I guess someone is buying these.

liba

I finally saw these in store yesterday. I just did hand swatches but I liked them a lot better than online swatches. I like the green, gold and purple one. I couldn't decide on one and the SA weighed in and said the green. I agreed and they had sold out! I ended up just getting it at another store. I will try it this week and if it works well, I will get the others. Well, if the green was sold out. I guess someone is buying these.
They're actually very high quality for MES. I kept meaning to talk about them when I first saw them before the collection launched. They're continuing on with the improvements that we had in the Divine Night MES, and they're even smoother and more pigmented than those. The green set had a couple of shades that were particularly beautiful, so I'm not surprised it sold out. These are perm, though, or at least MAC's definition of perm, where they restock it months later, d'oh. They'll be easily available on the website, at least.

I'm more of a lip and cheek person than a shadow person, and these are all very basic, so I'm holding off on them for the time being, but if I was going to get one, it'd probably be that green set, or the purple one.

Icecaramellatte

They're actually very high quality for MES. I kept meaning to talk about them when I first saw them before the collection launched. They're continuing on with the improvements that we had in the Divine Night MES, and they're even smoother and more pigmented than those. The green set had a couple of shades that were particularly beautiful, so I'm not surprised it sold out. These are perm, though, or at least MAC's definition of perm, where they restock it months later, d'oh. They'll be easily available on the website, at least.

I'm more of a lip and cheek person than a shadow person, and these are all very basic, so I'm holding off on them for the time being, but if I was going to get one, it'd probably be that green set, or the purple one.
Yes, the purple was one I liked.

MRV

I like the green colours in the green quad (no plans on buying it yet though). I wish there were more these kind of greens, maybe in EDES even
th_e2cloud9.gif

Icecaramellatte

Since I wore the green palette all week, I decided to pick up the other two. Nordstrom's triple point event pushed me over the edge.

busybee

Love the packaging on this one but can't bear to spend $44 on dupes of shadow colors that I already own.

Latest posts