MAC Mirage Noir Collection (Summer 2018)

FrankieFrancy

looks really nice to me too! Especially that multi colored face powder!
But this isn't a summer collection.. right? the tones are really cold..

Monsy

Purchased only moon noir lipstick, finally pull the plugg on nude fudge (mac x padma collection) and the bronzer from jade jagger collection on sale and again forgot to used ebates :doh:

it is really nice. dumb me bought it full priced

Icecaramellatte

Yep, it does it to me constantly. I'm getting really sick of having to reset my password.
Well, I called and they reset the password and it didn't work! They said someone would contact me in a few days. They didn't even offer to take my order over the phone! I was going to make a big order too. So strange for CS to do that. At the time, the eyeshadow was saying only a few left and I figured I wouldn't get it or it would end up cancelled. I would just do Nordstrom but it looks like they launched the powder early so I doubt they will have it. I could do Ulta but their shipping is crazy slow. I would go from store to store on launch day but I have an appointment that day so . . . I don't know if I'll end up with anything now.

Miss Dynamite

Well, I called and they reset the password and it didn't work! They said someone would contact me in a few days. They didn't even offer to take my order over the phone! I was going to make a big order too. So strange for CS to do that. At the time, the eyeshadow was saying only a few left and I figured I wouldn't get it or it would end up cancelled. I would just do Nordstrom but it looks like they launched the powder early so I doubt they will have it. I could do Ulta but their shipping is crazy slow. I would go from store to store on launch day but I have an appointment that day so . . . I don't know if I'll end up with anything now.
I usually go with Belk if I can't get something from MAC, or sometimes Macys. I think the collection will be on their site on either the 14th or the 17th. Probably the 17th. I won't go near Nordstrom since they took away Ebates.

Icecaramellatte

Yes. It seems like there is always a problem when there is some big launch with signing in. No problem with an everyday order. It feels intentional. Well lo and behold I just checked my account and everything is working fine. The eyeshadow I wanted is sold out though. I was mad so I wan't going to order from the site but I did want that powder so I decided to get it and the brush and the other eyeshadow they are now listing as low quantity which I was on the fence about and kept putting in and taking out of my cart (purple one). I decided to get the rest from Nordstrom. I think the rest can be found at Nordies and I can do buy online/pick up in store. They even bring it to your car if you are in a rush (love that service). I got the brush from Mac because I've had some problems before getting brushes from Nordies in the past or they put it up late at least and I have to get out quick for work. I miss ebates at Nordies too but I'm still doing well with their Note system. I find ebates so low lately that I figure why bother. Well except for Birthday Week this week. It's been great. I knew it was coming but still I was not prepared. It was better than last year. Much more organized. Anyway back to mac talk. . .

I got:
140 brush
Mother of Pearl powder
purple eyeshadow
mini wipes - gift
brave lipstick - gift - don't think will work for me
I think ebates will be higher for regular launch day, just a guess though.

Getting on Thursday
green shadow - I can't remember names of anything anymore
apricot/copper gloss
Noon Noir lipstick
Face and Body shimmer Medium Deep shade - I'm thinking this might be like the Estee Lauder summer bronzer they had every year that they discontinued about 2 - 3 years ago (Why?) if not I don't know how this is supposed to be used.

Would like to see the other glosses in person but I should resist them.

Miss Dynamite

Yes. It seems like there is always a problem when there is some big launch with signing in. No problem with an everyday order. It feels intentional. Well lo and behold I just checked my account and everything is working fine. The eyeshadow I wanted is sold out though. I was mad so I wan't going to order from the site but I did want that powder so I decided to get it and the brush and the other eyeshadow they are now listing as low quantity which I was on the fence about and kept putting in and taking out of my cart (purple one). I decided to get the rest from Nordstrom. I think the rest can be found at Nordies and I can do buy online/pick up in store. They even bring it to your car if you are in a rush (love that service). I got the brush from Mac because I've had some problems before getting brushes from Nordies in the past or they put it up late at least and I have to get out quick for work. I miss ebates at Nordies too but I'm still doing well with their Note system. I find ebates so low lately that I figure why bother. Well except for Birthday Week this week. It's been great. I knew it was coming but still I was not prepared. It was better than last year. Much more organized. Anyway back to mac talk. . .

I got:
140 brush
Mother of Pearl powder
purple eyeshadow
mini wipes - gift
brave lipstick - gift - don't think will work for me
I think ebates will be higher for regular launch day, just a guess though.

Getting on Thursday
green shadow - I can't remember names of anything anymore
apricot/copper gloss
Noon Noir lipstick
Face and Body shimmer Medium Deep shade - I'm thinking this might be like the Estee Lauder summer bronzer they had every year that they discontinued about 2 - 3 years ago (Why?) if not I don't know how this is supposed to be used.

Would like to see the other glosses in person but I should resist them.

For me, it happens even without big launches. It will give me problems everyday to where I have to try like 2 or 3 times to log in, then once in a while, it just completely changes my password on me. It also removed my credit card info that I had saved.

NaturallyUrs

Ebates have 2.5% for Ulta, so I just shopped on there this morning.

I got three shadows:
Sunspeck
Sun, Tan & Repeat
Slows as you go

And of course, the pearlmatte.

Was going to go in store Thursday but I realized I’ll be in a conference for work all day that day.

Debating the brush. I really do love it for Powder and Highlight.

I plan to pick up their matte fix+ later this month, Fenty Beauty’s Beach Please Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter, and Sol De Janiero’s Coppacabanna Bronzer Oil.

Then a no-buy until the fall.

01A0E44C-C305-4DC2-BF0B-A2B43EF6267D.gif

Last edited:

Rinstar

Ebates have 2.5% for Ulta, so I just shopped on there this morning.

I got three shadows:
Sunspeck
Sun, Tan & Repeat
Slows as you go

And of course, the pearlmatte.

Was going to go in store Thursday but I realized I’ll be in a conference for work all day that day.

Debating the brush. I really do love it for Powder and Highlight.

I plan to pick up their matte fix+ later this month, Fenty Beauty’s Beach Please Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter, and Sol De Janiero’s Coppacabanna Bronzer Oil.

Then a no-buy until the fall.

View attachment 64068
Thought Ulta sounded like a good idea, but they are now sold out of the Pearlmatte

NaturallyUrs

It happened to me before too. That's why I usually stay away from Nordstrom, especially as they once cancelled my order.

Ugh reading that gave me a flashback to when they sent me the wrong Padma Eyeshadow quad.

By then the one I actually ordered had sold out so they couldn’t replace their mistake.

Grrrr.

NaturallyUrs

Thought Ulta sounded like a good idea, but they are now sold out of the Pearlmatte

Dang it.

Hmm. I wonder, you may also get a good deal via Macy’s. I know it’s not online, yet, but ebates in Macy’s should be good too. Too bad it wasn’t today: 15%.

Rinstar

Dang it.

Hmm. I wonder, you may also get a good deal via Macy’s. I know it’s not online, yet, but ebates in Macy’s should be good too. Too bad it wasn’t today: 15%.

MAC is actually 3% today and both the pearl matte and Sun, Tan, and Repeat were in stock. I only wasn't ordering from there since the eye shadow wasn't in stock, but happily it came back.

Rinstar

So...do you guys love the pearlmatte face powder?

I got mine on Wednesday, but didn't have the heart to put a brush to the gorgeous pattern yesterday! I will try it out today. I did use Sun, Tan & Repeat and it was really pretty! I found it to be a little lighter than Club on me and I actually think I saw the duo chrome effect more than I usually do with Club

elegant-one

I got mine on Wednesday, but didn't have the heart to put a brush to the gorgeous pattern yesterday! I will try it out today. I did use Sun, Tan & Repeat and it was really pretty! I found it to be a little lighter than Club on me and I actually think I saw the duo chrome effect more than I usually do with Club
Thank you dear! Yes, that did remind me of Club.

Icecaramellatte

I tried the Pearlmatte today. I used the 140 from the collection to put it on my cheeks. I used a hand mirror and it looked pretty and fine but in the simple human magnified mirror I thought maybe it might have been too much shimmer on my cheeks so I put another blush on top and switched to a smaller fan brush to reapply the Pearl Matte as a highlight. Either way it looked pretty. I love the simple human but it can make you overreact to things sometimes. It wasn't noticeable in the regular mirror so I should have just left it.

I also tried the Sea sun what ever shadow. I didn't get an even color with it. One side looked more brown. I blame it on rushing but it didn't really bother me and it wasn't that noticeable. I used mostly Mac products on the rest of my eyes but I'm kicking myself for not working in the purple eyeshadow from the collection and Noon Noir lipstick but for some reason the Tom Ford Lip color I bought weeks ago but never wore kept staring at me this morning.

I didn't used the liquid bronzer either. I was afraid it would go all wrong so I decided to wait for weekend play.

I don't know if I care for the peachy gloss. It is not reading as warm on me as I thought. I didn't try Noon Noir yet.

Latest posts