MAC - Naturally Discussion

UrbanSweetheart

that sounds like an awesome haul! I was debating on ordering a perfect day l/s but i fear that it might be too light for me :( i'm also thinking about adding early morning blush but idk if i should. I know im going to order fresh honey tho
yes, Fresh Honey is a MUST!!!

Haven

Today I used early morning very lightly, and I like the look. I am NW 20 and was worried that EM would look too extreme or too orange. using a very light hand it actually looks ok. I do like FH better though.

I also did an eye look with in the sun on the lid, texture in the crease, and creamy bisque to highlight. I compared applying ITS wet vs dry, and honestly it looks almost the same. It looks like a sparkly rose gold.

What do you guys think will be the most wanted item from this collection, like one that will sell out within hours?
love.gif

BadLeslie

Does anyone have insight into how similar A Perfect Day is to Blankety? I have really pigmented lips and nudes lippies rarely stick to the center of my bottom lip, so Blankety looked patchy and much too light for me. I'm wondering if APD is lighter than Blankety. I also have Naked Bliss mattene and have the same problem with it staying on the center of my bottom lip. Anyone else have this problem? I haven't quite found the nude for me because of this. I'm also wondering if Beach Sand might work (I'm NC25 in Pro Longwear).

ksaelee

lets just say a perfect day does not look anything like any of the nude lippies from the permanent range at mac, i've tried it side by side with blankety, hue, shy girl, jubilee, half n half, cherish, creme d nude, and so on, it is a lustre so it has more transparency compared to blankety, but the pink tone in it makes it very different....now if it will stick to your lip, i have no clue...you might want to try a cremesheen formula instead or a matte and then just put gloss on top b/c i find those kind of stain lips and adhere better...or just try the prep and prime lip to create a base for your lip products :) hope that helps

luvlydee

hmmm well I just found out the only Mac Iris Apfel will be online and in mac stores only. And that Naturally will be in all locations so I think i might wait until thursday and drive to the mall 30 minutes away from my house which has a Mac Store, Macys, Nordstrom, & Bloomingdales. So the chances of me missing out on what I want are slimmer (I hope ) and It helps me decide what i really want in person.

luvlydee

lets just say a perfect day does not look anything like any of the nude lippies from the permanent range at mac, i've tried it side by side with blankety, hue, shy girl, jubilee, half n half, cherish, creme d nude, and so on, it is a lustre so it has more transparency compared to blankety, but the pink tone in it makes it very different....now if it will stick to your lip, i have no clue...you might want to try a cremesheen formula instead or a matte and then just put gloss on top b/c i find those kind of stain lips and adhere better...or just try the prep and prime lip to create a base for your lip products :) hope that helps

A perfect day is an Amplified lipstick... Sweet Sunrise is the Lustre one. are you confusing the two? lol

rubytitania

I'm not sure. I'm very cool-toned and whilst peachy blushes (Peaches, Ripe Peach etc) work on me I think Fresh Honey will just be too orange.

Icecaramellatte

Today I used early morning very lightly, and I like the look. I am NW 20 and was worried that EM would look too extreme or too orange. using a very light hand it actually looks ok. I do like FH better though.

I also did an eye look with in the sun on the lid, texture in the crease, and creamy bisque to highlight. I compared applying ITS wet vs dry, and honestly it looks almost the same. It looks like a sparkly rose gold.

I was playing around with my haul last night and I loved Early Morning! I think it will look great now but even better come summer. I didn't like the eye look I did with it (Aurora and Nebula), I needed something warmer but I really loved Hot Spell. A natural lip look for me. I have a hard time with the nude shades that everyone else loves. I will give In the Sun a try next time. Thanks.

I really like Subtle Breeze blush but I think Fresh Honey and Early Morning are the standout products in this collection. Well, for me anyway. I'm a warm shades lover anyway. I guess orange really is going to be the it color this spring. I seems like I'm seeing it everywhere. Well, on tv and the internet at least. I just watched a Lisa Eldridge video and she was wearing bright orange lips. I was watching a whole bunch of episodes of that new show Scouted I had on my DVR and quite a few of the models had orange lips. Also, I was watching this Hallmark type movie the other day (it was old) but one of the characters had orange lips throughout the whole movie! Style blush used to be my absolute favorite blush and I've seriously neglected it. Maybe it's time to put it back into rotation.