MAC - Naturally Discussion

MACina

eyelove.gif
....SB is my favorite out of the 3 MBs from this collection!
Fresh Honey turned out to be one of the most unique blush colors from MAC this year. You can just sort of get a similar effect if you mix Immortal Flower on top of Modern Mandarin with some bronzer under or over, but Fresh Honey pretty much stands on its own.

Early Morning had some closer dupes, such as Ring of Saturn (more shimmery), Hidden Treasure (darker and redder), etc. but it still wound up being pretty unique for its beautiful texture and long lasting power, unusual for a MB.

I love Subtle Breeze too - all the blushes from this collection were superb - they're at the top of my most used blush list for sure.

Corally

:eyelove: ....SB is my favorite out of the 3 MBs from this collection!
Fresh Honey turned out to be one of the most unique blush colors from MAC this year. You can just sort of get a similar effect if you mix Immortal Flower on top of Modern Mandarin with some bronzer under or over, but Fresh Honey pretty much stands on its own.  Early Morning had some closer dupes, such as Ring of Saturn (more shimmery), Hidden Treasure (darker and redder), etc. but it still wound up being pretty unique for its beautiful texture and long lasting power, unusual for a MB. I love Subtle Breeze too - all the blushes from this collection were superb - they're at the top of my most used blush list for sure.
SB is my least favorite one, it's still great though! I just loove EM and FH, especially EM!

BriarRose

My mom gave me Subtle Breeze as a birthday present a few months ago; I need to try it out, and I'm hoping I can actually use it.

I got Early Morning when the collection launched, and didn't try it for a few months. Once I did, I wished I could take it back. It's very pretty, but unfortunately for me, my skin starts stinging and burning the second it hits my cheeks. I've tried it several times in case it was a coincidence, and it bothers me a little less each time, but it is just not pleasant.

I'm guessing it has to do with the dyes. Ring of Saturn did the same thing to me when I swatched it on my hand. Do RoS and EM have a specific red dye in common, anyone know? I guess I have some kind of allergy I wasn't aware of. So disappointing.

Does anyone think layering it on top of another product (like a beauty powder or MCLP) might help prevent it, or is this just a lost cause for me?

Audrey C

My CCO had lots of Redhead MSF. Let me know if you want a CP and I'll grab one for you when I get back after the holiday.
That's so sweet of you! :)

I think I'll try to get Stereo Rose when it launches again and I wouldn't need both, but thanks for the offer.

duckrodeo

My mom gave me Subtle Breeze as a birthday present a few months ago; I need to try it out, and I'm hoping I can actually use it.

I got Early Morning when the collection launched, and didn't try it for a few months. Once I did, I wished I could take it back. It's very pretty, but unfortunately for me, my skin starts stinging and burning the second it hits my cheeks. I've tried it several times in case it was a coincidence, and it bothers me a little less each time, but it is just not pleasant.

I'm guessing it has to do with the dyes. Ring of Saturn did the same thing to me when I swatched it on my hand. Do RoS and EM have a specific red dye in common, anyone know? I guess I have some kind of allergy I wasn't aware of. So disappointing.

Does anyone think layering it on top of another product (like a beauty powder or MCLP) might help prevent it, or is this just a lost cause for me?
I think it's a mineral ingredient in the mineralize products themselves. It may be best to stay away from those kinds of products. Makeup shouldn't hurt or sting when you put it on, and if it does it's probably due to an allergic reaction (unless you get some fallout in your eye, that stings, lol)

MRV

It could be a specific colour, too. My friend is allergic to some ingredient of the color green (this specifically with a Mac Mineralize green).

Audrey C

I really like the MB from this collection; they're a lot more wearable (for me) than their shimmery HC cousins. I wore Warm Soul to death this spring and summer and I've surprised myself by reaching for Fresh Honey quite a bit this fall when I thought of it more as a spring/summer colour.

I've been trying to play with my stash more lately and try different combinations. I loved today's look: F&B, Forever Marilyn, Fresh Honey, A Natural Flirt (inner 1/3 of lid) with NARS Paramaribo duo on remainder of lid and crease, Local Wares fluidline, Chicory liner and NARS Autumn Leaves lipstick. Great fall look. I'm trying to put together a different look every day from now until Christmas; I feel like I've barely gotten to know half of my products.

nuclearteeth

I really like the MB from this collection; they're a lot more wearable (for me) than their shimmery HC cousins. I wore Warm Soul to death this spring and summer and I've surprised myself by reaching for Fresh Honey quite a bit this fall when I thought of it more as a spring/summer colour.
I agree wholeheartedly. Early Morning was my everyday blush for a month straight, but I've been using Subtle Breeze quite a bit over the last few weeks. Thank goodness I recently scored back-ups of both. I still have seller's remorse over offloading Fresh Honey though!

Corally

Hm. I'm suddenly in love with Subtle Breeze. :p I haven't used this one as much as the other two blushes but I really like it haha.

martiangurll

I am seeing all the MB from this collection at my CCO. I almost got a BU of Subtle Breeze but I had to conserve finances. If anyone missed out, check your CCO. They had about 20 Modern Mandarin blushes!

Latest posts