MAC - Naturally Discussion

User38

^^ all the comments on the T site.. used to get me into trouble before.. like a red card in Soccer -- something like that
girlhaha.gif

I am not surprised at anything anymore.. just think there should be more respect and consideration of other's work.. grr. This is one of the reasons why I have tried to keep my trap shut about upcoming things, or to post pics =-= other than there are many more restrictions, I don't tolerate people not crediting others or lifting info.

I posted this info as well as the Iris Apfel within my legal frame but ahead of others and there they go lifting it.. if I put pics up, the better they are the more quickly the get lifted.. no thanks... been there, done it too.

lol @ prices too.
soapbox.gif

ladyarwen

I commented on Christine's color story post asking about the MES prices, and it was a typo. She's fixed the pricing for those.

Mac-Guy

would it really surprise you if she did? after all, she *is* the authority on all things mac...
th_rolleye0014.gif

I was trying to be ironic but couldn't find the "irony smiley" hehehehe.

And yes, it's very sad how disrespectful she is as a blogger.

HoneyMilk

LOL. Is she making up prices now? The T copycat. LOL.

I'm just going to say that I saw all of her "updates" once panther had posted about collections and prices. No doubt she found her info here. Lame that she didn't credit the source. One reason I say this is that "oriole" was misspelled in panthers post (the bird collection) and T has the same spelling.... Hmmmmmmmmm....... Something stinks.

Mac-Guy

^^ all the comments on the T site.. used to get me into trouble before.. like a red card in Soccer -- something like that
girlhaha.gif

I am not surprised at anything anymore.. just think there should be more respect and consideration of other's work.. grr. This is one of the reasons why I have tried to keep my trap shut about upcoming things, or to post pics =-= other than there are many more restrictions, I don't tolerate people not crediting others or lifting info.

I posted this info as well as the Iris Apfel within my legal frame but ahead of others and there they go lifting it.. if I put pics up, the better they are the more quickly the get lifted.. no thanks... been there, done it too.

lol @ prices too.
soapbox.gif

Yes, it's really irritating. That's why I started putting big fat watermarks on my images. Not that my swatches are anything special, as I mainly take pictures for myself so I can remember what I bought (or put aside), but it's still very irritating.

If information is copied to a small blog, I can even give the blogger the benefit of the doubt - maybe he or she did not know better. If it is a large and very commercial blog, where the blogger has a business and law education, it leaves a very yucky taste in my mouth.

And if you copy, at least take the time to proofread and don't make up prices if you don't know for sure. The prices were really too funny.

Can somebody kick me off my
soapbox.gif
box now, otherwise I might continue.... and I don't want to spoil this wonderful thread and this collection that will be turn out to be an expensive adventure for my wallet.

User38

< kicks Mac-Guy off his soap box and chants mylipsaresealed mylipsaresealed.. just so I don't spew venom... HA.
cheerleader.gif

sss215

crown brush do a range of duo fibres similar to the ones in the picture: http://www.crownbrush.co.uk/shop/brush-ranges/duo-fibre.html

that said, i'm an absolute sucker for new mac brushes so i'll be picking it up anyway (and probably getting the crown one as a backup!)
I've had the C428, C429, and C430 for about a year now, ever since I found out about them on youtube through EnKore's channel. I think they are great brushes for applying and buffing out concealer and that's about it. I am pleased with alot of Crown's brushes, but on the ones I have, I find the white synthetic part flimsy, just not stiff enough to hold up for some serious eye work. I think the duo fiber is better instituted on the larger brushes since there are more black fibers for them to go into.

Since I've purchased these brushes, I have been wondering when I would see the MAC counter part to duo fiber eye brushes because I would be really interested in the quality. What would MAC's spin on them be like. Will the white part be more stiff? I am seeing duo fiber eye brushes popping up more and more. Even Rite Aide (drug store) has their own brand of them, and they are pretty nice. Here is a link: http://www.luuux.com/health-beauty/review-rite-aidrenewal-eye-brushes and http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2011/08/new-synthetic-cosmetics-brushes-from.html side note, the reviewer says they are not duo fiber... i don't know, they are still pretty duo-fiberish to me because they are thinned out at the top a bit... which is why I like duo fibers.

Usually I find MAC more of a pioneer in the pro-sumer brush game, but not this time around.

Mac-Guy

It's good that the new brush becomes perm. Not that this will stop me to buy it as soon as it comes out, hehehe.

Diva4eva122

I WANT RED HEAD AND FRESH HONEY. I'm hopping fresh honey is a deep warm apricot so I can rock it. when I start to see swatches and it does not look deep enough for NW55, I wont buy it. But redhead is a MUST. gorgeous. Do you guys think I could use Redhead as a blush?

LMD84

Yes, it's really irritating. That's why I started putting big fat watermarks on my images. Not that my swatches are anything special, as I mainly take pictures for myself so I can remember what I bought (or put aside), but it's still very irritating.

If information is copied to a small blog, I can even give the blogger the benefit of the doubt - maybe he or she did not know better. If it is a large and very commercial blog, where the blogger has a business and law education, it leaves a very yucky taste in my mouth.

And if you copy, at least take the time to proofread and don't make up prices if you don't know for sure. The prices were really too funny.

Can somebody kick me off my
soapbox.gif
box now, otherwise I might continue.... and I don't want to spoil this wonderful thread and this collection that will be turn out to be an expensive adventure for my wallet.
ha ha! an adventure for your wallet! i like that term and shall now be using it! thanks! :p

spunky

yeah people that steal images and such suck! i got soooo pissed when that asian site stole mine!! now i watermark everything which is a shame because it takes away from the image. i don't care if people source images but when they make out like they are their own?! allglam anyone?! lol!

ha ha! yes i have to do that quite frequently!
ha ha! an adventure for your wallet! i like that term and shall now be using it! thanks! :p
haha allglam... oh dear, they're the lowest of the low. they steal everything and whack their watermark on it! i remember princessebeudy [i probably spelled that wrong, sorry!] had samples of WW/quite cute and in no time the pics and info were on allglam.