MAC Next to Nothing Face Colour and Powder (April 2017)

Icecaramellatte

I'm nw 20 and so far light plus isn't pulling too yellow on me, but I've only worn it once and I didn't get a chance to look at the truth mirror (sun visor mirror) after I put it on. I also need to compare it to my face and body, I know Karen at makeupandbeautyblog said it's less sheer but I think it might be more sheer just more blurring?

I agree on the truth mirror. I usually mix waterweight foundations. Either half of the dark and light or less of the dark depending on the season. Yesterday, I accidentally squirted out a whole bunch of the dark thinking it was the light. I figured it would be okay to just put more of the light. I check in my bathroom mirror to see if it matched my neck and it did. Checked later in the car and it did not! I was so surprised.

patentg33k

I watched that video you posted because I also have freckles. Mine aren't extremely deep, but they are definitely there. In my experience, even with light coverage foundations, if I purchase a foundation to match my "freckle shade" (aka my self tan shade haha), my freckles basically disappear. I felt like that is what could have been happening with the girl in that video...the color she used might have matched her freckles moreso than her face if that makes sense, and gave the effect that there was more coverage than there actually is.

Oh wow--I didn't think of this. Maybe that's why she chose a shade that someone said looked too deep for her overall skin tone. She probably was for just this reason!

LadyBug13

Picked up Medium Deep in both the Face Colour and the Pressed Powder. Since there's been some talk about slight oxidation I decided to go a shade lighter. But TBH, I didn't see much difference between Medium Deep and Dark. I had Medium Deep in the MSFN years ago and it worked year round, but now I have it in Dark and sometimes Dark feels a tad dark for my skintone.

Anywho, I'm going to test it out the Face Colour by itself with the powder on top, with the Face and Body foundation (I also repurchased this after finishing a bottle last month), and with the Studio Waterweight Foundation.

leonah

the colors are kind of off? or is it just me? I swatched both light and light plus today at store quickly but they both looked so dark for being "light". I got a sample of light to try at home tomorrow. might try the light plus one too later if it's ok.

I swatched light plus too in the powder and it was amazingly buttery and smoooooth. those colors where like their other powders so it was a good match for me. going to buy this one later.

LadyBug13

I also need to compare it to my face and body, I know Karen at makeupandbeautyblog said it's less sheer but I think it might be more sheer just more blurring?

I feel that NTN is balmier in texture compared to F&B, but when sheered out, they looked the same.

the colors are kind of off? or is it just me? I swatched both light and light plus today at store quickly but they both looked so dark for being "light". I got a sample of light to try at home tomorrow. might try the light plus one too later if it's ok.
I swatched light plus too in the powder and it was amazingly buttery and smoooooth. those colors where like their other powders so it was a good match for me. going to buy this one later.

I didn't see much difference between Medium Deep and Dark, so you may be able to get away with either Light or Light Plus. Plus, the powder stands out more (for me) compared to the Face Colour. I thought Medium Deep would be a tad light for my skin, but it blends in nicely.

I mixed the Face Colour with the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Topaz this morning and it left a subtle, beautiful warmth on the skin, which will be perfect for the summer. Also, Topaz has SPF in it, which I wasn't aware of until today. I'm not sure if that's the case for the remaining shades in the liquid version of the Shimmering Skin Perfector.

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

Soooo I'll add my two cents. I got samples of light and light plus liquid. Light actually pulls orangey on me, and light plus seems ok. I'm pretty dead on neutral and fair. I think F&B has more coverage or at least can build up to more. This looked pretty nice but did not play well with my Clinique Moisture Surge. It worked better when I topped with mineralize skinfinish, so I may check out the powder. I'm on the fence, but since I don't 'need' a foundation like this right now, I'm probably not buying.

leonah

yeah light was waaay to orange on me too and it didn't look good on my skin but my skin is acting out atm so I feel that I need to try this in a little while when it's cooling down. going to order the powder now though because I loved it so much.

lyseD

Light twice and light plus once. I think light is better I am just not sure about the formula.

Mac-Guy

Light twice and light plus once. I think light is better I am just not sure about the formula.

If unsure, skip. Nothing worse than a full bottle of foundation that you won't use. Personally, I am really happy with the Waterweight foundation and the results I get with it.

lyseD

If unsure, skip. Nothing worse than a full bottle of foundation that you won't use. Personally, I am really happy with the Waterweight foundation and the results I get with it.

You're right! And I too love the waterweight.

LadyBug13

The mua artist matched me with dark in both the face colour and the powder so i got both plus the powder brush.
The dark face color evens out the lighter part of my face but the dark powder just makes me look darker and orange when i put it on top so im thinking of just going back and exchanging the powder for a lighter shade maybe medium dark since i use the med dark in mineralize skinfinish natural. I do love how it looks together though. It looks like im not wearing making (but with the dark powder you can cuz i was looking orange lol)
the brush... is just heaven. It feels so good when i use it and im suprised since its synthetic

I have Medium Deep in both the Face Colour and the powder, but I'm thinking of exchanging the Face Colour for Dark. I'm scared that I'll look off this summer even though Medium Deep matches me nicely. The powder in Medium Deep works very well.

You're right! And I too love the waterweight.
I'm so bummed I couldn't get the Waterweight to work for me. I have dry skin and it emphasized my dryness and it looked like I had foundation on my face instead of blending in seamlessly.

Monsy

What primer have you tried with waterweight? My skin is also dry especially during winter and I found waterweight to be one of the best ones i have ever tried for dry skin.

btw I am loving brushes from this collection and powder too - it is like silk. not so sure about liquid still. trying to make it work.

LadyBug13

What primer have you tried with waterweight? My skin is also dry especially during winter and I found waterweight to be one of the best ones i have ever tried for dry skin.
btw I am loving brushes from this collection and powder too - it is like silk. not so sure about liquid still. trying to make it work.

I tried the Becca Backlight Priming Filter and the MAC Prep+Prime Skin Base Visage.

Latest posts