MAC Nudes & Metallics Collection (April 2013) Pro Store Only

Mac-Guy

All the nudes but Wholesome sold out on the Canadian site (so obviously I grabbed it!). Also got Brazenly and Crimson Tryst e/s.

Now if there is a restock, should I get Angel's Kiss or Nearly Nude (or both). I'm NW15, dirty blonde, green eyes.
That was fast! Canada gets such a small stock!

luvlydee

I finally got my hands on the nude n metallic lipsticks. The chicago pro store was very helpful had all lipsticks but few eyeshadows.
based on these swatches i guess im going to skip restrained. good i saved money lol. i refuse to buy any more nude eyeshadows. i have so many that i use that I really dont need anymore.

DeeDee2013

based on these swatches i guess im going to skip restrained. good i saved money lol. i refuse to buy any more nude eyeshadows. i have so many that i use that I really dont need anymore.
Me too. I have too many nude eyeshadows. I'm have the Naked 1 and 2 palettes that I rarely touch.

pleasantmacabre

'damn i was going to get Angel's kiss but it's already sold out on the CA site? that usually doesn't happen so quickly before the collection even shows up under new collections lol

butterflyeyes

'damn i was going to get Angel's kiss but it's already sold out on the CA site? that usually doesn't happen so quickly before the collection even shows up under new collections lol
I wonder if CA's stock was reduced from the phone orders they took before it was finally released. I order through them last month and I'm sure a lot of others did the same.

swallace

All the nudes but Wholesome sold out on the Canadian site (so obviously I grabbed it!). Also got Brazenly and Crimson Tryst e/s.

Now if there is a restock, should I get Angel's Kiss or Nearly Nude (or both). I'm NW15, dirty blonde, green eyes.
BOTH! Theyre amazing.

KrystalAnne

I'm afraid to buy nude lipsticks without seeing them in person. I feel very picky when it comes to them. I like mine to have pink in them and not super pale. I noticed Temptalia said Naturally Eccentric is darker than Angel's Kiss. I picked up NE at a CCO and it makes me look crazy, so I use it to lighten other lipsticks so it's not a total waste. I originally wanted to try Angel's Kiss, but after reading that, idk anymore. I want to see more swatches of Nearly Nude &AK on fair complexions. Anyone have any to share?

My order shipped already. I was going back and forth on whether to buy the metallic shadows (I need to start behaving) and last night I was sick of thinking about it so I placed the order for the 4 metallic shadows, Barefaced (hope I like this.. I need some natural blushes), Taupe Shape &a single pro palette and blush insert. I've never depotted before, so i'm excited for that! Anyway, how the heck did I go from thinking 4 shadows were a bit too expensive for me right now, to putting even more things in my cart? I'm sick, I tell you, SICK!!!
fool.gif

swallace

I'm afraid to buy nude lipsticks without seeing them in person. I feel very picky when it comes to them. I like mine to have pink in them and not super pale. I noticed Temptalia said Naturally Eccentric is darker than Angel's Kiss. I picked up NE at a CCO and it makes me look crazy, so I use it to lighten other lipsticks so it's not a total waste. I originally wanted to try Angel's Kiss, but after reading that, idk anymore. I want to see more swatches of Nearly Nude &AK on fair complexions. Anyone have any to share?

My order shipped already. I was going back and forth on whether to buy the metallic shadows (I need to start behaving) and last night I was sick of thinking about it so I placed the order for the 4 metallic shadows, Barefaced (hope I like this.. I need some natural blushes), Taupe Shape &a single pro palette and blush insert. I've never depotted before, so i'm excited for that! Anyway, how the heck did I go from thinking 4 shadows were a bit too expensive for me right now, to putting even more things in my cart? I'm sick, I tell you, SICK!!!
fool.gif
Angels Kiss is definitely the kind of nude that can make you look like you put concealer on your lips. I got it in April so I was paler and it looked fine (definitely darker than fleshpot if you've tried that) but now that i'm tan i wouldn't use it. I used nearly nude today and it's my HG nude. I think it would look good on a lot of skin tones.

Mac makes me feel like i'm sick too. It's in my cart and i'm like "do i really need another blush?" and I think no, i dont, and then somehow it shows up at my door in a little black box.

erine1881

I wonder if CA's stock was reduced from the phone orders they took before it was finally released. I order through them last month and I'm sure a lot of others did the same.
Not sure Canada is the same as the US, but online and phone inventory are separate from each other.

Serenityy

Would Nearly Nude look crazy on a NC40? I barely own any nude lip products, may just order one of these lipsticks.

PixieDancer

Would Nearly Nude look crazy on a NC40? I barely own any nude lip products, may just order one of these lipsticks.
Get Restrained. I almost got NN myself but Shellcat told me it was too light on our skintone (and we're NC35ish). I have Restrained plus a BU. And also just ordered Wholesome to try when this launched online yesterday. So you could try that one too, but I'd go with Restrained. HTH

Serenityy

Get Restrained. I almost got NN myself but Shellcat told me it was too light on our skintone (and we're NC35ish). I have Restrained plus a BU. And also just ordered Wholesome to try when this launched online yesterday. So you could try that one too, but I'd go with Restrained. HTH
Thanks girl, always helpful!
th_hug.gif

PixieDancer

@ Serenityy If you are just looking for a good nude lippie in general, try one of the new Mineralize Rich Lipsticks! Maybe Posh Tone. I honestly hate to think I'll find my Holy Grail nude lipstick in a LE collection. I'd rather find a great perm one to love, since a nice staple nude is hard to find and one you'll want to be able to get your hands on in the future. So unless you're just stockpiling lipsticks (like me! heehee) I'd give a perm nude a try first!

Scroll down this page to see PT on Karen...
http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/mac-mineralize-rich-lipstick/

mac_aiken

I was so excited to see that this was on the regular site. I have been lessed than impressed with the last couple of collections and the upcoming aren't inspiring me. The metallics in this collection are gorgeous.

DeeDee2013

I was so excited to see that this was on the regular site. I have been lessed than impressed with the last couple of collections and the upcoming aren't inspiring me. The metallics in this collection are gorgeous.
Yes the metallics are gorgeous. Can't wait for my order to arrive

ForeverJenn

My small order includes Show all l/s, barefaced blush, bare minimum & glimpse of flesh e/s. I took all the metallic eyeshadows And nude lipsticks out of my cart. Hope I don't regret it :sigh:

MissTT

Any must-haves for someone in my shade range? I keep trying to stay out of this thread, but you folks keep bumping it back up.
cutey.gif

ocean286

I was completely surprised to see this collection up on the regular site. I guess they decided to give us non-pro people a chance at it. I'm happy they did because, I had been lusting over Pre-Raphaelite since it launched at Pro. But, I couldn't get my hands on it. But, now I can! I just placed an order for it!!! I might get Stylish Me blush but, honestly I don't know how much use I'd get out it? I usually don't reach for nude blushes. I like brighter colors to wake up my dull skin. We'll see......
sigh.gif

Latest posts