MAC Nudes & Metallics Collection (April 2013) Pro Store Only

Anneri

Congrats to having a new King, Dutch Specktrettes!
encore.gif

Pinkdollface

Oooh, I've never been to Backstage! Or tried Ben Nye products, for that matter. A meet up would be great!
pompom.gif
They have lots of those kind of brands and wigs and stuff like that too. It's very fun, but it's meant for theatrical makeup. I love my Ben Nye lumiere shadows though and they have some colours that are wearable.

lyseD

Are the eyeshadows pans or the regular packaging?

If you say pans you will save me $72!!
amuse.gif

Thank you.

Corally

Sounds good!
party.gif
I'm already looking forward to it:) Now lets hope this collection will really come out here. Ow and how do you feel that we are getting a king now? I'm kinda liking it, but now we're getting kingsday on the 27th of April instead of queensday on the 30th of April. I wish they kept it the same, this just feels weird. And why do they need to talk about it so much and make the news broadcast longer?! Now my soap gets delayed 
wtff.gif
cutey.gif
It just doesn't sound right... koningsdag, lang leve de koning, etc. :p And it should stay the 30th!! And it feels so weird.. in a few months we will have a king.:blink:

Pinkdollface

It just doesn't sound right... koningsdag, lang leve de koning, etc.
tong.gif
And it should stay the 30th!! And it feels so weird.. in a few months we will have a king.
blink.gif
Yes it's really strange, but I like the idea of something new. I hope the parties will stay on kingsday. It's always a lot of fun in Eindhoven on queensday and I like to walk through the city centre to see all the stages with music. It would be too bad if that will be gone now.

Corally

It just doesn't sound right... koningsdag, lang leve de koning, etc. :p And it should stay the 30th!! And it feels so weird.. in a few months we will have a king.:blink:
Yes it's really strange, but I like the idea of something new. I hope the parties will stay on kingsday. It's always a lot of fun in Eindhoven on queensday and I like to walk through the city centre to see all the stages with music. It would be too bad if that will be gone now.
I really don't like going to big cities on queensday, it's too crowded. :shrugs: Though I had a blast in Utrecht last year. :amused:

Pinkdollface

I really don't like going to big cities on queensday, it's too crowded.
shrugs.gif
Though I had a blast in Utrecht last year.
amuse.gif
Yeah that's true. I don't stay in those crowds for too long. I prefer the smaller stages the crowds there are really not bad. I think it's just nice too see so many people together:)

Paisly

Lets hope we get swatches and reviews before this collections comes out, especially if its pro only. I don't want to be making a blind order to the pro store.

MACerette

It just doesn't sound right... koningsdag, lang leve de koning, etc.
tong.gif
And it should stay the 30th!! And it feels so weird.. in a few months we will have a king.
blink.gif
I have a feeling there will be no more "koekhappen" since Wim-Lex (or was it one of his brothers?) really despises all those ancient Dutch games, having to walk around with a constant smile on his face. I can't blame him...

Weird that they changed the date, especially if it is just 3 days earlier. Somehow I think it is a bit sad Beatrix is calling it quits, but like she said, it is time for the next generation. She deserves some rest too.
queen.gif

MACerette

You're too funny!
lmao.gif

I've never been to the Makeup store before, because I always had already spend all my money at Mac.
When I know if and when this collection launches in the Netherlands lets plan a meetup. We could also visit the Makeup store, Inglot and Backstage (they have Ben Nye and Kryolan!).
I have the same problem too. I always check MAC first. There are a few reasons for that:

- Mac gives me a 40% discount whereas MUST (Make Up Store, not make up studio) gives me 20% and they are approximately in the same price and quality range.
- Foundation and concealer wise, I think MAC has a lot more to offer
- MAC offers good pallettes. MUST also has some, but they are much thicker, so probably less convenient, plus you can only store a couple of items per pallette.

However, MUST has good quality stuff. They have some products that MAC doesn't carry that are probably worth checking: different false lashes, highlighters, cute blushes, not to mention some great eyeliners (eyeliner pencils and fluid glitter liners that are simply gorgeous).. It really would be a shame if they would leave because I do always stop by when I am there (and as of last year Hotel Chocolat
greengrin.gif
). If they offered the same discount as MAC does I would probably buy more there.

Pinkdollface

I have the same problem too. I always check MAC first. There are a few reasons for that:

- Mac gives me a 40% discount whereas MUST (Make Up Store, not make up studio) gives me 20% and they are approximately in the same price and quality range.
- Foundation and concealer wise, I think MAC has a lot more to offer
- MAC offers good pallettes. MUST also has some, but they are much thicker, so probably less convenient, plus you can only store a couple of items per pallette.

However, MUST has good quality stuff. They have some products that MAC doesn't carry that are probably worth checking: different false lashes, highlighters, cute blushes, not to mention some great eyeliners (eyeliner pencils and fluid glitter liners that are simply gorgeous).. It really would be a shame if they would leave because I do always stop by when I am there (and as of last year Hotel Chocolat
greengrin.gif
). If they offered the same discount as MAC does I would probably buy more there.
I guess I'll go inside the store next time I'm in Amsterdam. And do tell me what is this Hotel Chocolat you're talking about? It sound like I can get some really tasty chocolat there
drools.gif

MACerette

I guess I'll go inside the store next time I'm in Amsterdam. And do tell me what is this Hotel Chocolat you're talking about? It sound like I can get some really tasty chocolat there
drools.gif
I am sure you will find some things you like there ;)

Hotel Chocolat is an English brand with some really tasty chocolate in less familiar concepts. Totally worth checking out! I believe Hotel Chocolat is in between MAC pro and Make Up Store. It sure is the Heiligeweg for me
angelic.gif

Corally

I guess I'll go inside the store next time I'm in Amsterdam. And do tell me what is this Hotel Chocolat you're talking about? It sound like I can get some really tasty chocolat there:drools:
I am sure you will find some things you like there ;) Hotel Chocolat is an English brand with some really tasty chocolate in less familiar concepts. Totally worth checking out! I believe Hotel Chocolat is in between MAC pro and Make Up Store. It sure is the Heiligeweg for me :angel:
I've always thought Heiligeweg was the appropriate street name. :lol: And how is it possible that I've never noticed Hotel Chocolat before. :drools:

Pinkdollface

I've always thought Heiligeweg was the appropriate street name.
lol.gif
And how is it possible that I've never noticed Hotel Chocolat before.
drools.gif
Haha yes you two are right the street name is very appropriate. I'm with you Corally I really don't understand that I never noticed Hotel Chocolat before. We must have been hypnotized by all the Mac goodness.

MACerette

I've always thought Heiligeweg was the appropriate street name.
lol.gif
And how is it possible that I've never noticed Hotel Chocolat before.
drools.gif
Probably because it is small en subtle, especially when your focus is on make up :D

http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/Chocolate-Store-Amsterdam-Astore_amst/