MAC Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Collection (2016)

Divinity

My local stores are already sold out of the copper palette for presale.??????
But...one gal mentioned the counter at a Macy's in bumf*k CO and they have it! Now I just have to drive there...

Faith05Hope07

I'm looking forward to everyone's swatches. I decided to pass on the copper palette but I still want sweet vision pending swatches.

DeAnn Smith

I'm looking forward to everyone's swatches. I decided to pass on the copper palette but I still want sweet vision pending swatches.

When I pick up my copper sweet face, I plan to swatch Sweet Vision. I'm still mad that they launched a day early and I didn't get it.

NaomiH

You didn't order anything??

The highlighter is nice, it's a cool shade and some might argue too cool for dark skin, but I like those typically. I think you may have seen on my IG after this post actually, just realized, lol!

In stores next Thursday.

No,I wanted the copper compact but was at work not expecting it to launch a day early so I missed it.

Makeup Emporium

You can tell her it is still on theBay.com...she won't get her Pro discount but if she really wants it...it is still available.

That goes for all Canadian gyals...as of this moment, it is still showing available at the Hudson Bay online.

Go through Ebates.ca and get 5% cash back right now!

Haven

:icon_cheers: Cool! There you are...I've missed you :heart:

My Sweet Vision arrives tomorrow & the face palette....who knows, it's coming from Nordies :(

Missed you too. :hand: I have been lurking around periodically. Real life has been getting in the way of other stuff. Nothing bad- just busy beyond belief.

Last edited:

montREALady

Convo on IG under Ashley Rudder's post on the face compacts. I had asked her about Sweet Vision and this lady responded:

Screenshot_2016-10-21-08-59-02.png

Okay she says don't sleep on Yum Yum for the dark-skinned ladies, but also that the peach compact works on NC50 so I'm not sure because I don't think the blush does on me especially being matte.

Okay more, Ashley responded to us and said the blush in Peach would be subtle and she's darker than me so I don't know!
Screenshot_2016-10-21-09-10-21.png

Sometimes colors work on darker and not my complexion.

Last edited:

alle685

Ok, I got my package today! Here are some swatches of Sweet Vision (I am a MAC C7/NC47 for reference)!
20161021_105608.jpg

Below is a comparison to a similar MAC Blush... so on the top is Sweet Vision and on the bottom is Peachtwist blush..
20161021_105642.jpg

I don't think the swatches do it justice, it pulls more pink in pictures but it is definitely a lot more golden-peachy in person! It is sooooooooooo nice! I am so glad I took the chance and bought it!
20161021_105556.jpg

montREALady

Ok, I got my package today! Here are some swatches of Sweet Vision (I am a MAC C7/NC47 for reference)!
View attachment 57058

Below is a comparison to a similar MAC Blush... so on the top is Sweet Vision and on the bottom is Peachtwist blush..
View attachment 57059

I don't think the swatches do it justice, it pulls more pink in pictures but it is definitely a lot more golden-peachy in person! It is sooooooooooo nice! I am so glad I took the chance and bought it!
View attachment 57060

OMG, I want to marry you for posting this! Thank you! Mine shipped at midnight (well I got the email then), so excited, it's absolutely GORGEOUS on your skin! Oh and I have Peachtwist, I love it. Imagine them as a duo?? Kind of like what I do with the Becca X JH Pamplemousse and Rose Spritz blushes from the Champagne Collection Face Palette (actually did it today), I put the frost over the matte/satin blush. Wait, come to think of it, it does look like Rose Spritz!! Did you get Yum Yum?

image-4-800x584.jpeg
(Girl and Vanity Blog)
And looky here, also compared to Orgasm like I think Karen of MBB compared SV too.

Just checked, get my order on Monday, which usually means Tuesday with MAC :rolleyes:

Last edited:

fur4elise

OMG, I want to marry you for posting this! Thank you! Mine shipped at midnight (well I got the email then), so excited, it's absolutely GORGEOUS on your skin! Oh and I have Peachtwist, I love it. Imagine them as a duo?? Kind of like what I do with the Becca X JH Pamplemousse and Rose Spritz blushes from the Champagne Collection Face Palette (actually did it today), I put the frost over the matte/satin blush. Wait, come to think of it, it does look like Rose Spritz!! Did you get Yum Yum?

View attachment 57061
(Girl and Vanity Blog)
And looky here, also compared to Orgasm like I think Karen of MBB compared SV too.
I loved my Peachtwist down to pan...*sadface* I really need to replace it!

And you do exactly what I do! I always tend to mix a darker & lighter matte blush in the same color family and then go over with the shimmer/highlight. So I see actually wearing SV over Pleasure Model from the Sweet Copper compact...which is why I bought them both...I think my packet arrives today *happy dance*

alle685

(Girl and Vanity Blog)

Just checked, get my order on Monday, which usually means Tuesday with MAC :rolleyes:

No problem! I know a lot of us WOC bought it blindly so I couldn't wait to see if it was worth it! So glad it was. I literally cannot stop staring at it on my hand!

No, I didn't get Yum Yum Yum...I only allowed myself to buy this and the Sweet Copper Palette since the new MAC EDSFs are coming out and the Mariah Carey EDSF (all of switch I obviously need)... If you got it, please swatch and share, if it is really nice I may have to purchase it.

alle685

And you do exactly what I do! I always tend to mix a darker & lighter matte blush in the same color family and then go over with the shimmer/highlight. So I see actually wearing SV over Pleasure Model from the Sweet Copper compact...which is why I bought them both...I think my packet arrives today *happy dance*

You and montREALady are giving me some great ideas! I bought the Sweet Copper compact as well so I am going to try mixing.

fur4elise

You and montREALady are giving me some great ideas! I bought the Sweet Copper compact as well so I am going to try mixing.
Awwww your welcome...I love a dimensional face. I have to say the looks that [MENTION=100307]montREALady[/MENTION] create are fantastic.

montREALady

Ooooh, I'll try that! Yayyy, show us swatches!

No problem! I know a lot of us WOC bought it blindly so I couldn't wait to see if it was worth it! So glad it was. I literally cannot stop staring at it on my hand!

No, I didn't get Yum Yum Yum...I only allowed myself to buy this and the Sweet Copper Palette since the new MAC EDSFs are coming out and the Mariah Carey EDSF (all of switch I obviously need)... If you got it, please swatch and share, if it is really nice I may have to purchase it.
We all sure did buy it blindly because even Ashley Rudder of MAC (Sr Pro Artist) said she didn't get it and went to the store and they didn't have it! Macy's didn't have it either so I'm not sure what's up but glad I got it.

I also only got those two and I'm done unless I see swatches of Yum Yum, but then I'd just have my sis get it with her discount. I'm looking forward to those two collections too though the EDSF extensions are perm so I don't have to go nuts right out the gate. Mariah though, gorg packaging and that powder is adorable!

Keep us posted on how it looks. Follow me on IG, you'll see I layer a whole lot, lmao! That's the only way to use up all the makeup I have! I wore 3 highlighters yesterday and today (I usually do this with the palettes because they make it so easy to do that).

alle685

@fur4elise - so I totally tried your idea and the results are so nice! Sweet Vision on the left, Pleasure Model in the middle and a mixture of both on the right. (Pardon my crappy swatches, I am not use to doing them)

20161021_114832.jpg

In person it makes Sweet Vision more of a deeper, peach bronze... Can't wait to try on my cheeks. All credit to @fur4elise for this combination idea. Totally still wanna to see your swatches of both though when you get yours.

So frustrated that my camera isn't accurately depicting how beautiful these are....damn you LG.

Last edited: