MAC Posh Paradise Discussion

MACcrazy

I don't really like painterly because it's too pink and light for my skintone.. but I want to finish it and I have to remember to use it as a base everytime I do a look (why do I forget about use a base???). anyway how long does it take to a paint pot to finish? of course I should also know if you use it everyday or once a week :p

It took me a year to finish painterly and i used it as an everyday base. Now, I know some people were saying that they don't recommend using cream products after a few months but the consitantsy was the same from start to finish and i never had any irritation (and I also wear contacts so lots of things would cause irritation to my eyes, like lining the waterline at times). They have other colors besides painterly, i even wear Indianwood as a shadow sometimes (I got it with the tartan set my friend got me). I just remember to wear a base because on my makeup vanity I place my paint pots front and center so they're the first things I see. Hope you give them a try
flower.gif

MACcrazy

As much as I try, I cannot get down with matte lips unless I put a gloss over it. I have a few exceptional colors that I am willing to work with, but I won't spend any more money on them. Plus, these colors don't do anything for me. I am all about the paint pots. I want Imaginary, Pure Creation, Genuine Treasure, Nubile, and Treasure Hunt. I am new to the PP train because I discovered Groundwork earlier this year. When the color is right, PP's are amazing. I want these new colors NOW!
I can't wait for them! I'm gonna try to grab as many as possible i wanna see swatches NOW! but we probably wont see them until later, mid august maybe?

xasperadastra

It took me a year to finish painterly and i used it as an everyday base. Now, I know some people were saying that they don't recommend using cream products after a few months but the consitantsy was the same from start to finish and i never had any irritation (and I also wear contacts so lots of things would cause irritation to my eyes, like lining the waterline at times). They have other colors besides painterly, i even wear Indianwood as a shadow sometimes (I got it with the tartan set my friend got me). I just remember to wear a base because on my makeup vanity I place my paint pots front and center so they're the first things I see. Hope you give them a try
flower.gif
of course I'll try them (if I have enough money).. I also really like rubenesque from what I've seen... Probably I don't like painterly because it's simply a base color...it's not meant to use alone I guess...well, I would never use it alone ^^ uhm I don't use it everyday so it will probably take a looooot to finish... two months are passed but it's perfect

MACcrazy

of course I'll try them (if I have enough money).. I also really like rubenesque from what I've seen... Probably I don't like painterly because it's simply a base color...it's not meant to use alone I guess...well, I would never use it alone ^^ uhm I don't use it everyday so it will probably take a looooot to finish... two months are passed but it's perfect
yeah they last awhile, but if you use it just as a primer then you'll be fine :) hope you like the new ones more!

LMD84

rubanesque is one of my faves - such a pretty colour and looks amazing when worn alone on the lids :)

wishonastar

I really like Bare Study alone, gives a nice pale gold nudey eye and I like to use it with coloured liner and plenty of mascara for a simple look. It can be glammed up a bit by adding a matte bronze or brown shade into the crease.

2browneyes

I like to use Painterly and Groundwork as bases for the most part. i've even used them as a highlight color for my eyes when blended out well. I have Coral Crepe....usually wear it as a base for pink/coral shadows or to give a pretty lil bit of color to a neutral eye.

Mac-Guy

I really like Bare Study alone, gives a nice pale gold nudey eye and I like to use it with coloured liner and plenty of mascara for a simple look. It can be glammed up a bit by adding a matte bronze or brown shade into the crease.

Bare Study is very pretty. As the new p/p have a frost finish, maybe they are based of BS?

GlamQueen21

YAY for new paint pots!!! I'm might get every single one but will wait for swatches first to see which ones that I want. My favorite paint pot is Rollickin! Love that teal paint pot very much!

Asphyxiation

The yellow PP sounds cool, and purple yay !!
But I'll be getting all 8 anyway no matter what they look like..
eyelove.gif

But I wish MAC would bring out a cream (matte) true grey PP !!! :(

pemily

[quote name="Mac-Guy" url="/forum/thread/175978/mac-posh-paradise-discussion/30#post_2139001"]

It's the classy packaging - the glass container - that makes them attractive. I'm glad that they come in glass containers rather than plastic.
[/quote][quote name="wishonastar" url="/forum/thread/175978/mac-posh-paradise-discussion/60#post_2139366"]I really like Bare Study alone, gives a nice pale gold nudey eye and I like to use it with coloured liner and plenty of mascara for a simple look. It can be glammed up a bit by adding a matte bronze or brown shade into the crease.
[/quote] Totally agree!! I luuuve bare study with charcoal brown in the crease!

Mac-Guy

Me too. With all these grey and purple e/s, I was anticipating a grey matte p/p. Maybe we will still get one?

missah

I will probably cross a few off later but my list so far:

[h=3]Mattene Lipstick[/h]
  • Naked Bliss Neutral light pink
  • Legendary Mid-tone brick red
  • Unknown Pleasures Deep red blue
  • Eden Rouge Bright blue-red
  • Delectable Orange-beige
  • Deliciously Foribbden Mid-tone berry

[h=4][/h] [h=3]Paint Pot[/h]
  • Half-Wild Mid-tone purple (Frost)
  • Nubile Light peachy nude (Frost)

Most of my fall collex list seems to be lippies... hmm.

Asphyxiation

I hope so !
I've been wanting one since forever !

I was super stoked with Cham-Pale because Dangerous Cuvée seemed grey... But noooo... :(
On my skin it shows up silver brownish. o_O

Sheer, glittery, silver brownish that is.. >_<
I Seriously don't hope these new PP's have the same formula as the Cham-Pale ones..!

C2keri

A nice matte gray paintpot would indeed be nice. I actually sat down and calculated how much I'll need to save to get all of the p/p's and most of the lippies. Let's just say that I can't get near a Sephora, my car will have to be okay and the acquisition of my MAC permanent eyeshadows will be slowed to a trickle. Still, worth it for paintpots. The folks at the free-standing MAC store will think I've died! >_

Latest posts