MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012)

liba

Some new g/p would be nice, especially new colors. :)
I'm still waiting for my perfect blue/purple
tumbleweed.gif

:) I think I'm more interested in 2013 makeup wishes than resolutions….

erine1881

I swear…..MAC needs to bring the Greasepaint Sticks back. I thought the black one was going to stay around and gave my BU to my niece. That heavy, smudgy liner look isn't in right now, and dark smokey eyes are not really being pushed hard either, so I'm not totally surprised they haven't been repromoted. Maybe next fall??? It's time MAC, it is time! :whip:
Good thing i got BUs!

lilinah

Well, i stayed up until the ball dropped in Times Square, toasted the New Year with some non-alcoholic spice pear cider mixed with Q Ginger (all natural, no sugar - sweetened with agave), then snuggled up with my computer... and fell asleep until 3 AM with my eye makeup on. Bad, bad girl!

And ya know what? NO FALLOUT! And all the colors had stayed in place! But at that point i DID remove my eye makeup at last...

I wouldn't necessarily use Too Faced Glitter Glue for everyday, but it certainly does the trick with glitter-bomb eye shadows!

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Mac-Guy

I got the Greasepaint Stick in the Venomous Villains collection, French Quarter, which is brownish black with gold & silver glitter. I love the way it looks. But, sad to say, it makes my eyes hurt. The first time i've had a bad reaction to a MAC eye product.

MRV

My Dirty Greasepaint Stick just stinks. I mean literally.
cry.gif

I also have Vibrancy Eye and I use it under eyes (over eye cream) and put my concealer on top of it.

Anitacska

These are now up on the Debenhams website (UK). I've ordered 3 (Amethyst, Jet Couture and Smoky), will check the rest out later today at the counter.

martiangurll

I kind of like the stink. It brings me back to my latency age days when my favorite activity was coloring with a big azz 64 box of crayolas. Okay, I know all you other color hoes loved the big 64 box because it has all those different colors! I do wish we could get some more grease sticks in more colors. Anybody have tips on storing those to keep em from drying out? I keep them in an airtight makeup bag, but wondering if I should do more--okay MAC-Guy, I am not dropping cash on a make up frig, so that's out, I gotta save for Archie you know. Any other tips for storage, within reason?

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by erine1881
It's not meant to be used on the lid at all. Just under the eyes. This is NOT a primer. Just an fyi.

I know you are trained in MAC products, and i am not. However, the MAC website says:
"Instant eye prep! This quick fix reduces the look of puffy eyes and under-eye shadows while imparting a bright natural radiance to the entire eye area. Perfectly primes the eye for makeup. Use regularly and see those instant benefits become more permanent!"
(emphasis MINE)

I would infer from "entire eye area" that it can be used on more than just the under eye. "Perfectly primes the eye for makeup" implies that it is a primer; however, the text is ambiguous whether this is just for concealer on the under eye area or all over the eye including the lid.

Writing like this explains why some of us have been using P+P VE on more than our under eye, myself included. And it explains why i have read on some websites that it is a primer, although i don't use it as such.

Mac-Guy

I know you are trained in MAC products, and i am not. However, the MAC website says: "Instant eye prep! This quick fix reduces the look of puffy eyes and under-eye shadows while imparting a bright natural radiance to the entire eye area. Perfectly primes the eye for makeup. Use regularly and see those instant benefits become more permanent!" (emphasis MINE) I would infer from "entire eye area" that it can be used on more than just the under eye. "Perfectly primes the eye for makeup" implies that it is a primer; however, the text is ambiguous whether this is just for concealer on the under eye area or all over the eye including the lid. Writing like this explains why some of us have been using P+P VE on more than our under eye, myself included. And it explains why i have read on some websites that it is a primer, although i don't use it as such.
If you have dry eyelids, you can certainly use it to smooth out your lids.

erine1881

I know you are trained in MAC products, and i am not. However, the MAC website says: "Instant eye prep! This quick fix reduces the look of puffy eyes and under-eye shadows while imparting a bright natural radiance to the entire eye area. Perfectly primes the eye for makeup. Use regularly and see those instant benefits become more permanent!" (emphasis MINE) I would infer from "entire eye area" that it can be used on more than just the under eye. "Perfectly primes the eye for makeup" implies that it is a primer; however, the text is ambiguous whether this is just for concealer on the under eye area or all over the eye including the lid. Writing like this explains why some of us have been using P+P VE on more than our under eye, myself included. And it explains why i have read on some websites that it is a primer, although i don't use it as such.
I can see how that can be inferred. It's also confusing that they have all the p&p products labeled as p&p. everyone mistakes all the products as primers and don't understand the difference between prepping vs priming. They clump everything into the "priming" category. They really should break it down more somehow.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by erine1881
I can see how that can be inferred. It's also confusing that they have all the p&p products labeled as p&p. everyone mistakes all the products as primers and don't understand the difference between prepping vs priming. They clump everything into the "priming" category. They really should break it down more somehow.

I try to read a variety of sites to learn about products, to figure out what's likely to work for me - people with oily or youthful skin have different responses than i will.

Many P+P products are aimed at oilier skin than mine - i definitely don't need oil control, i need moisturizing! - so most are a skip for me. So far, from the Prep+Prime line i only have: P+P Lip - which i recommend for helping keep l/s in place and for preventing excessive dryness with mattes - and i'd say it both preps and primes; and P+P Vibrancy Eye.

I have a couple more on my list of things to try: P+P Eye and P+P Line Filler. I have gotten the impression that both function as primers. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

erine1881

I try to read a variety of sites to learn about products, to figure out what's likely to work for me - people with oily or youthful skin have different responses than i will. Many P+P products are aimed at oilier skin than mine - i definitely don't need oil control, i need moisturizing! - so most are a skip for me. So far, from the Prep+Prime line i only have: P+P Lip - which i recommend for helping keep l/s in place and for preventing excessive dryness with mattes - and i'd say it both preps and primes; and P+P Vibrancy Eye. I have a couple more on my list of things to try: P+P Eye and P+P Line Filler. I have gotten the impression that both function as primers. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
The P&P eye, in my experience both selling/working with at the counter, is crap IMO. In the 6+ years that i worked there i can honestly say i sold two of them, and only cause the customer asked for it specifically. It creases like a mofo! Paints, paint pots and shadesticks all work so much much better! As does pretty much every other eye primer out there on the market. And yes, it is a primer. The P&P line filler is great for fine lines around the eyes and mouth. It's not a primer, but a prepper (is that even a word? Lol). It goes on top of your makeup. If you use it under your makeup, concealer will ball right up and roll off your face. I'm sure the same would happen with foundation too. It's best to use a synthetic brush or your finger and, using a very small amount, tap it o to the fine lines. For around the mouth, to help fill in feather lines, use the synthetic brush and lightly tap it i to the lines. I'd still recommend using the P&P lip in conjunction with this if feathering lip products is a concern. HTHs! ;)

princess sarah

I agree, I hated the Prep and Prime Eye and binned it within 2 weeks.. I have never come across a terrible primer in my life!

We get these pigments on counter 14th and I am so looking forward to getting some of them. I keep chopping and changing 100% what I want because of the mixed reviews I am seeing around of all of the different blogs. I know I definitely want amethyst and considering Blue Willow and Sweet Acting. I really like the look of Jet Couture as well

lilinah

For me, Smoky was the big surprise in this collection.

I never wear navy - well, never is too strong a word. I did make a self-referential dress that includes a fabric with animals wearing a dress just like the actual dress itself - and the base color of most fabrics in the dress is navy, to coordinate with that funny animal fabric. And i have a pair of navy socks. Other than that i wear nothing navy, not even eyeliner.

So i expected to react to Smoky with a "big shrug" and an "enh". It fooled me. The smoky dark blue is not too assertively navy, can go on sheer or deep, and is enlivened by turquoise shimmer. I was so shocked that i liked it and actually bought it!

I'm not normally a big fan of black eye shadow, either - i don't have enough eyelid for that much darkness. But I guess i'll give Jet Couture another look when i go back to see if my local shop still has Amber Glow blush and Warm Companion lipstick for a second test - neither of which really rocked my socks when i first tested them. I have a DS brand black eyeshadow with massive silver sparkle, but the gold sparkle in Jet Couture would probably look better on me.

martiangurll

P&P line filler is good. I used to demo it on my hands, as my palms are badly scarred from eczema. It fills the lines right up!
Will that work on these annoying lines just below my eyesocket (orbit). They are my most annoying think I would like to conceal and anything I put in that area to try and brighten just emphasizes them like a Mofo.

erine1881

Will that work on these annoying lines just below my eyesocket (orbit).  They are my most annoying think I would like to conceal and anything I put in that area to try and brighten just emphasizes them like a Mofo.
As long as they are fine lines it'll definitely help a bit. If they're deeper, then it won't really do much.