MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012)

amzee807

Hi all, this is my first post ever! Been watching the site for a while though!
I just wanted to say I was a little disappointed with the pigments as well, but still used them because they were gorgeous! But I recently tried them with my new INGLOT duraline and it was amazing! The duraline is only $9 and INGLOT is now coming to more MACYs, two in the bay area alone! I really recommend trying this combo!

Pinkdollface

I got some PPs yesterday, but my eyes have been very irritated for several days (pollen?), so i haven't been able to test them yet with Glitter Glue (or test them at all on my eyes). I was hoping they'd feel better this AM, but no such luck.

I got Sweet Acting (pink), Amethyst (lavender), and Smoky, which i wouldn't have predicted. I don't go for navy on my eyes - navy makes my skin look yellow (and true green makes it look too pink - what can i say). But this PP can be applied quite sheer and the glitter is turquoise and silver and some other colors, IIRC. It was a lovely effect.

Once my eyes stop itching and watering and hurting -- and not just my eyes, but also the skin around them -- i'll see how PPs work with Glitter Glue. I've heard that Urban Decay Primer Potion is too smooth and dry to hold these PPs well.
I hope your eyes feel better soon! It makes sense that UDPP would be too dry to hold the PP. I'm thinking it will be the same for TFSI and that's why I'm hoping TFGG will work. The PP won't release here untill february so hopefully there will be a lot of reviews about them before they launch here.

Pinkdollface

What kind of glitter glue have you guys been using. I wanted to get one but not sure which
I only have the Too Faced one and I like that for mes or other glittery shadows. I haven't used it for actual glitter, but I guess it would work if you pat on a layer and put on the glitter before it dries. When I use it with shadows I use it the same way I would a normal primer. I put a thin layer over my whole eye and let it dry and then it gets tacky.

BuickMackane

I only have the Too Faced one and I like that for mes or other glittery shadows. I haven't used it for actual glitter, but I guess it would work if you pat on a layer and put on the glitter before it dries. When I use it with shadows I use it the same way I would a normal primer. I put a thin layer over my whole eye and let it dry and then it gets tacky.
do you still use a primer underneath? i find that i need to have a primer under Pixie Epoxy or it's crease city in a couple of hours.

luvlydee

thanks! im going to check this out and the la splash sealer base that i heard was good for it also

tattletale

just saw this video using amethyst t pressed pigment it's so pretty!!! he used mixing medium to apply it with the 215 brush that came out with the collection as well

Naughtyp

super pretty!! I wore angelic today I used some of those lil applicators liba was mentioning, not those exact onesie are cheap ones my mom had lying around. she's always used those to do her makeup she only had one mac brush lol anyways they world so much better than when I tried using the different mac brushes. when I used the brushes I had major major fall out but with the lil applicator things it was wayyyy less. I love how im sparkly it is too perfect for New Year's Eve! I'm going to wear Amythest tommorow ;)

erine1881

So i MIGHT give these a try. Might being the opperative word. I'm never gonna buy the coloured ones, so i may try jet couture and deeply dashing, for a smokey eye. MIGHT!

liba

anyways they world so much better than when I tried using the different mac brushes. when I used the brushes I had major major fall out but with the lil applicator things it was wayyyy less. I love how im sparkly it is too perfect for New Year's Eve! I'm going to wear Amythest tommorow
winks.gif
Are they sponge tips or something smoother? I'd love to find a cheapo alternative to the MAC ones, even though those have been holding up really well.

erine1881

Those are the 2 best, if you have to pick two. The light nude ones are great for a nude eye too - except Light Touch is extra glittery compared to Blonde Streak or Day Gleam.
Thanks doll. I was looking at light touch for a nude eye/ winged liner look. Swatches make it look close to naked pigment, which is my HG nude eye. Now I'm unsure.

liba

Thanks doll. I was looking at light touch for a nude eye/ winged liner look. Swatches make it look close to naked pigment, which is my HG nude eye. Now I'm unsure.
Actually, I'd go for Ice MES - it's the same color as Light Touch with all the wonderful wet look clear sparkle but minus the chunky glitter confetti.

MACina

I have never tried a BB as a base for PPs but I definitely will!

The Cool Elite should make the lighter colors pop
eyelove.gif

I have used a Big Bounce with Amethyst and it works ok. I still think I have far less fall out with these than with the ones from Face and Body.