MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012)

MACina

Swatches of Flicker,Deeply Dashing and Amethyst on musingsofamuse.com:

http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2012/12/mac-pressed-pigments-review-swatches.html

Amethyst
eyelove.gif

lipstick_addict

so i have blonde streak and jet couture. i was going to return them due to fallout - but i wonder if they'd work well over a paint pot? maybe there won't be as much glitter fallout all over my face? I don't own any paint pots but was thinking of getting a nude one and a black one. thoughts? i used the pressed pigments over UDPP, dry and then also tried wet. no bueno.

BuickMackane

I never tried pressed piggies so this might be a stupid question, but are they similar to UD Stardust shadows in texture? They're also very glittery.

DanceLovesMAC

so i have blonde streak and jet couture. i was going to return them due to fallout - but i wonder if they'd work well over a paint pot?  maybe there won't be as much glitter fallout all over my face?  I don't own any paint pots but was thinking of getting a nude one and a black one.  thoughts?  i used the pressed pigments over UDPP, dry and then also tried wet.  no bueno.
Make sure that you are pressing them onto the lid and not sweeping. I like to use a 252 brush but I know some people swear by using their finger for these. As far as a shadow base goes its actually best for these to have wetness or something to cling to. I wouldn't use UDPP as it tends to dry the lids out in order to prolong wear, while oily lids will grab onto the glitter better. I've had success with using paint pots, fix +, or applying to just my naked lids.

Anitacska

The one I have from the last release is similar to the Stardust eyeshadows. Also the Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown equivalent.

I never tried pressed piggies so this might be a stupid question, but are they similar to UD Stardust shadows in texture? They're also very glittery.

liba

I wanted to say, there was an MA at my store yesterday who was wearing Smokey all over her lids, with Strong Woman on the lips. She had very ebony skin and she looked fabulous in that combo.

BuickMackane

The one I have from the last release is similar to the Stardust eyeshadows. Also the Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown equivalent.
Thanks
flower.gif

I have all Stardusts except for Space Cowboy and, on the whole, they're OK. My favourites are Atmosphere and Void, as they have the best pigmentation of the bunch. They are a bit high maintenance though, so I don't reach for them very often. I think I'm going to skip the pressed piggies in favour of stuff I'll use frequently. I'm sure I'll find plenty of those in the Archie collection
heart.gif

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Pinkdollface
Has anyone tried Too Faced Glitter Glue with these? I might try out one of these to see if I like them.

I don't have any Pressed Pigments yet... but i may cure that this afternoon...

I do have Too Faced Glitter Glue and i have used it with Make Up For Ever Glitters/Paillettes, which i have in 13, silver with multi-colored reflects. Seems to keep that stuff on my lids, so i think, i hope, it will work with the Pressed Pigments.

If i do get some today, i can test it...

Debbs

I am wearing Amethyst with Pink Union today lined with Black Swan Pearlglide, Comfort and Joy Lipgloss. Will try it with Grand Galaxy next I think

Debbs

ohh debs that sounds nice
winks.gif
I have pink union and amythest so I'm going to try that combo
It is a nice look. Amethyst finishes really smooth, had no glittery fallout or mess to clean up. I have to get up really early in the mornings so I don't have much time to experiment, blend colors and do fancy looks. Just mostly basic plus I am still in newbie category. To prep I used Shell CCB lightly applied then a bit of Too Face Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue that I had bought when Face and Body Collection was launched.

Richelle83

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but she used CCB Pearl as a base with Light Touch. http://www.beautybylee.com/2012/09/makeup-tutorial-simply-dramatic.html#.UN9mmW_Zaeg

lilinah

I do have Too Faced Glitter Glue and i have used it with Make Up For Ever Glitters/Paillettes, which i have in 13, silver with multi-colored reflects. Seems to keep that stuff on my lids, so i think, i hope, it will work with the Pressed Pigments.

If i do get some today, i can test it...
I got some PPs yesterday, but my eyes have been very irritated for several days (pollen?), so i haven't been able to test them yet with Glitter Glue (or test them at all on my eyes). I was hoping they'd feel better this AM, but no such luck.

I got Sweet Acting (pink), Amethyst (lavender), and Smoky, which i wouldn't have predicted. I don't go for navy on my eyes - navy makes my skin look yellow (and true green makes it look too pink - what can i say). But this PP can be applied quite sheer and the glitter is turquoise and silver and some other colors, IIRC. It was a lovely effect.

Once my eyes stop itching and watering and hurting -- and not just my eyes, but also the skin around them -- i'll see how PPs work with Glitter Glue. I've heard that Urban Decay Primer Potion is too smooth and dry to hold these PPs well.

Brightlights2

I just got Blue Willow (and am waiting for Amethyst on backorder)! Here's Blue Willow with a blue eye liner! I really like how sparkly these are, but the fallout is crazy lol Need to find a technique for that ...

Latest posts