MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012)

liba

Help! I have Deeply Dashing and the silicone applicators but I don't know how to apply these? Best base? Application method?
I just lightly swipe the applicator across the pan - don't need much pressure to get a good amount. If the applicator looks evenly coated with a thin, semi-opaque film, it's plenty - anymore and you may run into fallout. No need to crush with these applicators - they do that on their own as you apply.

Then just pat on your lid at the spot where you want maximum pigment and then swipe out from there - don't need to pat, just spread. Any finer blending around the edges I'd do with a tapered blending brush, as the applicators aren't much for fine tuning. So far, I haven't needed this step with the PP nude colors I have, but I also use these applicators for crushed metal pigments and sometimes blend the edges on the dark colors for a soft look.

I don't normally use the PPs over anything other than my usual P&P Vibrancy Eye, but some of the MAs I know who wear the PPs themselves use them over paint pots - they've got smoother eye natural eye texture than I do and it comes out looking very nice and smooth for them. I need a lighter texture on the eye to minimize crepe - that's why I like the PPs in the first place; they smooth over my lid texture really well on their own. I also use PPs on top of normal powder shadows if I want a touch of sparkle.

I've been getting much more than 5 uses out of the applicators by having one each for light, dark and medium colors, wiping them down right after use with a damp cloth then using a little diluted peroxide on them after a few uses. They're still going strong like this. I feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

lyseD

Talked to a different SA about these today and she was not enthusiastic. That's the second one who has kind of shrugged them off when I ask about them.

martiangurll

I just lightly swipe the applicator across the pan - don't need much pressure to get a good amount. If the applicator looks evenly coated with a thin, semi-opaque film, it's plenty - anymore and you may run into fallout. No need to crush with these applicators - they do that on their own as you apply.

Then just pat on your lid at the spot where you want maximum pigment and then swipe out from there - don't need to pat, just spread. Any finer blending around the edges I'd do with a tapered blending brush, as the applicators aren't much for fine tuning. So far, I haven't needed this step with the PP nude colors I have, but I also use these applicators for crushed metal pigments and sometimes blend the edges on the dark colors for a soft look.

I don't normally use the PPs over anything other than my usual P&P Vibrancy Eye, but some of the MAs I know who wear the PPs themselves use them over paint pots - they've got smoother eye natural eye texture than I do and it comes out looking very nice and smooth for them. I need a lighter texture on the eye to minimize crepe - that's why I like the PPs in the first place; they smooth over my lid texture really well on their own. I also use PPs on top of normal powder shadows if I want a touch of sparkle.

I've been getting much more than 5 uses out of the applicators by having one each for light, dark and medium colors, wiping them down right after use with a damp cloth then using a little diluted peroxide on them after a few uses. They're still going strong like this. I feel like I'm getting my money's worth.
So you can wash and reuse the applicators? That makes me want to try them.

aradhana

i use my pp's over tfsi...swipe technique sounds similar to yours, except i'm lazy, so i sometimes use the same applicator to blend as well as apply other shades. in fact today i used it to apply jet couture, deeply dashing, and preferred blonde...

princess sarah

I am really looking forward to these, they are out in Australia very beginning of January and I am ordering some when I get my ZUCA!!!! woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that is for my birthday from fella!!! I am still stuch on what ones I want tho, I want to grab a few in case they arent permanent over here.

Hoping more swatches start to pop up around the place

mousygiggles

These feel better like more creamy than the ones from face and body and have less fall out! The Jet one is FREAKING amazing and I love Amethyst too!!!

Prettypackages

i got jet and amethyst. For now. I use the 215 and pat them on. Depending on how much product I get on the brush determines the fall out. I pat them on the brushed as well. I have crepey eyelids too. I don't think its from old age, that's just how they are.

Icecaramellatte

I couldn't resist picking up a few of these even thought they are permanent. I got Jet Couture, Amethyst and Day Gleam. I was certain I was getting Jet Couture and Amethyst before I even tried them but I ended up getting Day Gleam as it was so close to my skin tone I thought I had to get it. I couldn't make a decision between Blond Streak and another color so I figured they could wait. I noticed that 3 colors were missing in the display but the MA was able to find Jet Couture for me. He said there were only a couple left of that color. I don't know which of the other 2 were missing. I think Jet Couture will be very popular. There was no tester for me to try it. But I knew I wanted it so I didn't insist that the MA find it. Oh I also got another brush. I really like it much better than the 239.

Shellcat

th_drool.gif
That WILL be in my bag tomorrow! LOL!

It reminds me of the metal x gold carbon one with uber glitter.

Latest posts