MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012)

liba

I saw paper swatches of a few of these and there were some real standouts Pressed Pigment Angelic – Off white (Frost) * - This has multi-colored opalescence (mostly green with pink) So beautiful!

Jet Couture – Charcoal black (Frost) * - Black with gold sheen and sparkle - amazing. My #1 favorite.
Blonde Streak – Light cream (Frost) * - Pretty sure I saw this too, although it read rather peachy on paper - was very nice.
Blue Willow – Light icy blue (Frost) * - pretty sure this was swatched (rather than the darker silver ones). Was very soft and yet it made a statement.
These ones I didn't see, but I'm interested for the ones in Bold: Enlightening – Deep silver (Frost) * Amethyst – Purple with silver undertone (Frost) * - maybe?? Flicker – Pastel yellow (Frost) * Sweet Acting – Mid-tone pink (Frost) *
Smoky – Deep silver blue (Frost) *
Light Touch – High pearlized powder in W10 shade (Frost) °*
Day Gleam – High pearlized powder in NC3ß shade (Frost) °* - Sorry this wasn't Warming Heart instead, but this one is very nice too, just a little more golden.
Deeply Dashing – High pearlized powder in NW55 shade (Frost) °* - I wear this one constantly, so happy it will be perm!!!
Edit: like i've said before, as much as i love the EDES, I honestly love the pressed pigments even more, since they enhance and smooth my eye texture even more than the EDES, plus I can get away with certain light sparkly colors in this formula that are just super difficult for me to pull off in other textures. PPs + the silicone sponge applicator = perfection!

GlamQueen21

Glad that they are permanent! No rush to get them but will try them out soon since I haven't tried a pressed pigment yet.

Babylard

^ Another rave for pixie epoxy. if you have oily lids, just put the UD primer potion on first and then a bit of pixie and everything sticks so well. you dont even need much of it! I love how it transforms loose powders and glittery anything. It's the same effect as wetting your brush, but you don't ruin your product and it lasts longer than water which isn't really an adhesive.

PixieDancer

In a pinch, you could try the new silicon sponge applicators from MAC. I keep raving about how perfectly they apply the Pressed Piggies.
heart.gif
I get zero fallout and all the precision I need to keep it away from my tear ducts.
I actually bought these not sure what I was going to use them for.... I guess some things are just meant to be! Will try them with my Pressed Pigments from F&B this weekend! Thanks for the tip Liba!!

PixieDancer

I like neutrals, but I don't know how to use pigments. The MUA at my store was appalled by that and wants to convert me. No can do - I don't need a new expensive obsession. These look easier to use though.
From what I understand you have a boat load of those Loreal Infallibles
sneaky.gif
... So I think you're all set! Since the Infallibles are basically a loose pigment with a little stickiness to them to help them adhere to the skin... they are the best... especially for beginners that are new to pigments! HTH
friends.gif

OhSoJaded

From what I understand you have a boat load of those Loreal Infallibles
sneaky.gif
... So I think you're all set! Since the Infallibles are basically a loose pigment with a little stickiness to them to help them adhere to the skin... they are the best... especially for beginners that are new to pigments! HTH
friends.gif
Wait, what? Is that anti-enabling I see? I didn't realize it existed on Specktra hahaha!

PixieDancer

Wait, what? Is that anti-enabling I see? I didn't realize it existed on Specktra hahaha!
I think I owe her an anti-enable after talking her into those boat load of Infallibles! HeeHee
poke.gif

Lord knows that tactic won't actually work on myself! I'm getting at least 3 of these! LOL
I really DO believe the Infallibles are an easier product to work with if you love the look of the pressed pigments (or even regular pigments) but are new to that formula and are worried about fallout and application issues and techniques... so, in that respect, I guess I am backing my anti-enabling in this case! Believe it or not! HeeHee
icon_eek.gif

And that lovely video that was posted from the Russia Vogue YouTube... I have done that exact same technique with my Loreal Infallible in Eternal Sunshine! It adhered like a dream and looked stunning!

BuickMackane

^ Another rave for pixie epoxy. if you have oily lids, just put the UD primer potion on first and then a bit of pixie and everything sticks so well. you dont even need much of it! I love how it transforms loose powders and glittery anything. It's the same effect as wetting your brush, but you don't ruin your product and it lasts longer than water which isn't really an adhesive.
I tried and I tried and I tried but I couldn't get PE to work for me. I tried it on its own and I ended up with crease city. UDPP, Bare Study PP or NYX Milk didn't help with the creasing either. And I found blending to be an absolute nightmare (I know it's a sticky base and it is, by default, going to make blending a tad more difficult but I wasn't expecting it to make it impossible). I so wanted it to work because I have a lot of Fyrinnae loose shadows and most of them need some sort of sticky base to really come alive. Booo!

Back on topic - Jet Couture sounds amazing!!!
eyelove.gif

Pinkdollface

I tried and I tried and I tried but I couldn't get PE to work for me. I tried it on its own and I ended up with crease city. UDPP, Bare Study PP or NYX Milk didn't help with the creasing either. And I found blending to be an absolute nightmare (I know it's a sticky base and it is, by default, going to make blending a tad more difficult but I wasn't expecting it to make it impossible). I so wanted it to work because I have a lot of Fyrinnae loose shadows and most of them need some sort of sticky base to really come alive. Booo!

Back on topic - Jet Couture sounds amazing!!!
eyelove.gif
I'm sorry that PE didn't work for you. Now I'm happy I didn't try it and just went with Too Faced Glitter Glue. Maybe that would be an option for you? It does make blending a bit harder like expected, but definitely not impossible. It also doesn't crease on me. I guess if the regular TFSI creases than this would also, but for me the regular TFSI is a HG primer.

BuickMackane

I haven't tried TF Glitter Glue but I definitely will. Thanks for the advice :)

You could still give PE a shot though. It seems to have worked for a lot of people - chances are I simply haven't figured out how to make it work for me. The blending issue aside, it felt a bit heavy - as in, I felt that there was an extra layer of something on my eyelid. That's not something I feel comfortable with, which is why I never wear false eyelashes either. So it's probably as much of a personal preference issue too. As someone already mentioned upthread, they have (at least they used to) a mini size too. You are meant to use a very small amount of product anyway, so even the mini should last you a loooooong time.

On a brighter note, many of Fyrinnae's more recent shadows don't need PE to look good. I had very good results with shades like Cuddlefish, Bloggers Beauty, Picture it: Sicily and Ptrenadon with just UDPP as a base.

Pinkdollface

I haven't tried TF Glitter Glue but I definitely will. Thanks for the advice :)

You could still give PE a shot though. It seems to have worked for a lot of people - chances are I simply haven't figured out how to make it work for me. The blending issue aside, it felt a bit heavy - as in, I felt that there was an extra layer of something on my eyelid. That's not something I feel comfortable with, which is why I never wear false eyelashes either. So it's probably as much of a personal preference issue too. As someone already mentioned upthread, they have (at least they used to) a mini size too. You are meant to use a very small amount of product anyway, so even the mini should last you a loooooong time.

On a brighter note, many of Fyrinnae's more recent shadows don't need PE to look good. I had very good results with shades like Cuddlefish, Bloggers Beauty, Picture it: Sicily and Ptrenadon with just UDPP as a base.
With TFGG I also get that feeling that I have an extra layer on my eyelids, but it dissapears as soon as I put eyeshadow over it, it quite strange actually. I won't buy the PE since I already have TFGG and that does what I wanted it to do. I would recommend if you were to buy TFGG that you take your PE with you so you can swatch the two side by side on your hand and see if it feels different enough. If it feels the same then maybe you won't like TFGG either.
I have never gotten anything from Fyrinnea. I don't like that they have such a long waiting list. I'm way to impatient for that. That's also one of the reasons I went with TFGG.

Debbs

I decided to try my Spot Lit.........finally. I am not experienced with these at all but it look soooo pretty once applied. I used the TFGG and it worked really well for me. I called around yesterday and while most stores were sold out I found a Macys in Coral Springs that had approx 5 or 6 left. I did get another SL as it won't be in the permanent collection. I think I will mostly likely be getting the pink, purple and a to be determined third one in Dec. I pat it on with the 215 in the middle first then go from there. Most of the glitter was visible on my face removing it more than while I was experimenting with it ..........a few mins b4 going to bed..lol. I think I will try it with Handwritten ES in the crease when I actually make my grand debut.

BuickMackane

Sounds like TFGG is what I wanted PE to be :)

re: Fyrinnae waiting list - I wouldn't be put off by it. The website does talk about a 18-30 day wait but both my orders were shipped out a lot quicker. They probably say that because they got fed up with people asking about their orders two days after they have placed it. They are a small company so they probably don't have a dedicated CS department to handle all the where-is-my-order questions. Also, they probably operate with little inventory so they probably factored in the extra time they'd need to produce the stuff in the event they run out.

I wouldn't say their shadows are mindblowingly good (unlike Sugarpill
heart.gif
), but they some very interesting shades that are worth looking into.

Latest posts