MAC Pret a Papier Discussion

Susanne

I passed e/s Memorabilia twice with the Originals collection and with Ungaro - so I think I can skip it a third time
lol.gif
winks.gif

Miss QQ

I don't know about this collection too. I must have missed it. Anyway I think I can pass this collection because nothing has caught my eye. Just maybe Dressmaker, Dressmaker. What is the model wearing on her lips in the promo? Made to Order or Dressmaker, Dressmaker?

Junkie

Need to see swatch (corals are my weakness when it comes to blush)

Instant Chic - Mid-Tone Muted Coral

Did anyone else automatically scream OMGNEWPAINTPOT?! Haha, I totally did! Definate YES!

Coral Crepe - Soft Coral

These look so pretty - swatch first though!

Dressmaker, Dressmaker - Creamy Light Peach Coral (Lustre)
Made To Order - Creamy Mid-Tone Dirty Coral (Lustre)
( lol, and Kraft? Is MAC allowed to use that and not get in trouble? hahaha)

I always get a few eyeshadows - I'll have to see swatches of the first two, but I'm definately getting Memorabilia!

Tissue Weight - Frosted Pale Peach (Frost)
Cut To Fit - Frosted Red-Bronze (Frost)
Memorabilia - Dirty Purple (Matte)

shmooby

just dressmaker, dressmaker and archetype lipsticks for me. MAY check out gazette grey eyeshadow, but I never seem to like the texture of velvets. (With the exception of vanilla of course...)

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmooby
just dressmaker, dressmaker and archetype lipsticks for me. MAY check out gazette grey eyeshadow, but I never seem to like the texture of velvets. (With the exception of vanilla of course...)

i agree - i'm not a massive fan of the velvet texture either.
nope.gif

shmooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i agree - i'm not a massive fan of the velvet texture either.
nope.gif

There's something about the texture of them that reminds me of running your fingers down a blackboard *cringe*

Give me a veluxe pearl any day
yes.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmooby
There's something about the texture of them that reminds me of running your fingers down a blackboard *cringe*

Give me a veluxe pearl any day
yes.gif

oh yes!
smiles.gif
much better to work with!
smiles.gif
i do quite like frosts too!

shmooby

Quote:
oh yes!
smiles.gif
much better to work with!
smiles.gif
i do quite like frosts too!

Frosts ARE rather lovely. In fact I think nearly half of my MAC shadow collection is made up of frosts
yes.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott2000
I'm so happy to see Archetype again. Not too happy that the Chromographic Pencil's are not available in darker shades. What's up with that?!

they come in a range of shades, but not all are being released in this collection. just like with AA, AR, AS, only 2 blot powders were released, and we all know there's more than just the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Correct me if I'm wrong Erin. To those who are wondering what the Chromagraphic Pencils are is that it's a flesh toned eye pencil that you can use on your waterline. Think of the Stila Kajal Eyeliner in Topaz.

honestly, i have no idea. that's what i'm thinking, but at our winter update when these were mentioned, the collection and products were all pending, so they didn't really discuss anything about it.

Quote:
c-thru gloss isn't that great in my opinion... not sure what it is about it! everytime i use it i just think 'blach' and wipe it off. maybe i'm not a neutral gloss person??

i agree! c-thru is nasty, and i cringe anytime someone asks for it at the counter. i wanna gag when they actually put it on!

lilMAClady

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott2000
I'm so happy to see Archetype again. Not too happy that the Chromographic Pencil's are not available in darker shades. What's up with that?!

I hate it when they do that! Tsk, tsk!

HOTasFCUK

I think i'm really going to love this collection even more when i see swatches and more pics. My pnly disappointment is that there is not a really nice coral pigment by MAC. Wish they would have done one for this collection. Something more shimmery and not as intense as Electric coral from PRO.

Babylard

^ i hate c thru too! its so hard to apply and just doesnt look right at all. and i think its starting to smell plastic-y. honestly, ive only used it a few times with a lipbrush to make my lipcolor look more milky and lighter.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Aww man, I was looking forward to C-Thru. What don't you guys like about it?

Ok, I like c-thru
th_dunno.gif
th_confused_new.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Ok, I like c-thru too
th_dunno.gif
th_confused_new.gif

Elegant, you have it already? I have been wanting it for some time, and figured I would pick it up with this collection, or before... So you like it? Do you think I would? Do you wear it alone or over lipstick?

elegant-one

Quote:
Elegant, you have it already? I have been wanting it for some time, and figured I would pick it up with this collection, or before... So you like it? Do you think I would? Do you wear it alone or over lipstick?

I've had mine for a long time. It's a milky ivory with some pearly slight gold or pearly shimmer. Its pretty. I wear mine by itself, although I think it would be a nice over a pink, peach lippie. I think you you would like it. My stuff doesn't settle into my lips where you can see lines - I don't know if thats why some don't like it. It's an everyday gloss.

erine1881

Quote:
Aww man, I was looking forward to C-Thru. What don't you guys like about it?

its too thick, too milky, and too light. maybe its just me, but i find it to be
yucky.gif
!!!

MissCrystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
this collection is not cute.
Come on MAC!!!

th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
for reals though ... i think mac is running out of ideas, they need to visit specktra and pay us to think up new collections
yes.gif
sneaky.gif